Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275104 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:21:42 »

From a pure football appointment not bitterly disappointed but he has done well first season.
Was a cheap option and brought in to develop and coach young players - he passed that test.

As a Manager I have my reservations and still believe a yes Man controlled from the top.
Can’t see Chorley staying and actually thought he would be going before Garner.

Just wondering the intent now from Hierarchy at the top and what they do next?
As this seasons model will be the same as last, cheap young loanees and development, I would think another Garner type coach will be brought in.
The debt is being reduced and no doubt ground purchase and an asset appears to be the main priority however the fans have backed the project and need to see investment on the pitch.

We need to be competing in the top 6 clubs at least in this division for talent.
Last season a free hit, this one we simply have to be challenging a top 3 finish.

Interesting month ahead.

Think you are wrong about Chorley. He's very close with Clem and reckon he's very much a big part of the glue that makes/is going to make this 'project' work.

Also you seem to be a bit disparaging about the 'cheap young loanees'. I'd say apart from Gilbert Grape our loanees were on the whole a success. If KKH, Louis Barry, Cooper, Simpson etc are cheap young loanees then I'm more than happy. It's now maybe unlikely but not beyond the realms of possibility that Simpson, Tomlinson and Davison could actually become permanent showing that the loan system might not be as throwaway as you make it sound.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:25:33 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:21:47 »

We’ll  have DJ back, please - they’ve been playing him as a wing back, apparently and not impressed.

Simpson will, no doubt, rock up at the Valley.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:22:37 »

And Tomlinson will stay here as part of the deal!

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:24:07 »

And Tomlinson will stay here as part of the deal!

Tomlinson the Peterborough player?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:28:13 »

Austin as player manager?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:30:18 »

Think you are wrong about Chorley. He's very close with Clem and reckon he's very much a big part of the glue that makes/is going to make this 'project' work.

Also you seem to be a bit disparaging about the 'cheap young loanees'. I'd say apart from Gilbert Grape our loanees were on the whole a success. If KKH, Louis Barry, Cooper, Simpson etc are cheap young loanees then I'm more than happy. It's now maybe unlikely but not beyond the realms of possibility that Simpson, Tomlinson and Davison could actually become permanent showing that the loan system might not be as throwaway as you make it sound.

Cant speak for Duke but the issue I have with lots of loans is - ultimately we are improving other teams players at the expense of our own and it’s an even shorter term option that contracted player (who are usually on a 1 or 2 year deal)

I’d agree with you the majority of our loans this season were good but ultimately we’re back to square one now they’ve all gone - we have nothing to show for their time here.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:31:21 »

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/swindon-town

Some dreadful names on that list. Would be happy with either Mason or Carrick.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:32:24 »

Tomlinson the Peterborough player?

Apologies Davison

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:34:01 »

Haha Sol Campbell, would be good for shits and giggles at the reaction if it happened
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:34:06 »

David Artell would fit the mould you'd think. I think a 'second job' candidate feels likely, but firmly not itk.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:35:46 »

Ferguson wouldn't be too bad

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:36:38 »

Charlton fans reckon Garner is just a name on a list - definitely not appointed yet.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #357 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:36:45 »

Micheal Beale it is then.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:38:03 »

Michael Beale is an intriguing name
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 09:38:12 »

Cant speak for Duke but the issue I have with lots of loans is - ultimately we are improving other teams players at the expense of our own and it’s an even shorter term option that contracted player (who are usually on a 1 or 2 year deal)

I’d agree with you the majority of our loans this season were good but ultimately we’re back to square one now they’ve all gone - we have nothing to show for their time here.

Unfortunately as the bottom feeders that we currently are then the loan market realistically is going to have to be the way forwards. I know it's not for everyone but I have no problem with loan players, but totally get the point you are making. Clearly Louie Barry and KKH are 'luxury players' that are never in a million years going to end up as permanent players at Swindon. However there is no reason why the other players can't be used as a season long trial. I don't obviously know the agreement between the 2 clubs but I got an air that there was scope for deals to be done with the majority of our loan players. Had we gone up you would realistically expect us to go for Simpson, Tomlinson and maybe Davison, that's probably not on the table now given we are still in League 2 and our manager has gone.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: