Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275177 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 14:50:04 »

I think its about having that strong spine to the team and then supplementing with loan players, next season we can't run the risk of relying so heavily (deliberately) on a loan player that like Simpson if he gets injured or recalled then it disrupts the promotion push.

I expect nothing less than a strong promotion push next season with the aim to get into L1 (lets face it its very unlikely to happen this season now).

I don't expect Clem to chuck silly money at a promotion push but would expect with the embargo lifted able to sign a slightly better class of player by paying more in wages, and if possible and required small transfer fee.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 18:03:43 »

I think its about having that strong spine to the team and then supplementing with loan players, next season we can't run the risk of relying so heavily (deliberately) on a loan player that like Simpson if he gets injured or recalled then it disrupts the promotion push.

I expect nothing less than a strong promotion push next season with the aim to get into L1 (lets face it its very unlikely to happen this season now).

I don't expect Clem to chuck silly money at a promotion push but would expect with the embargo lifted able to sign a slightly better class of player by paying more in wages, and if possible and required small transfer fee.

Difficult to interpret Dukes comments into hard facts regarding recruitment next season. A lot of people happily declined a refund on last seasons ST money. So to repay that next season with a lacklustre squad however that looks won’t go down well. In seven years time having redeveloped CG in L2 with hardly anyone in it is not going to work is it?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 18:29:45 »

Expecting similar things next season - some good results and perhaps a decent run at some point.  Ultimately, however, the season will end with a finish between 8th to 12th place.

A bit more investment is unlikely to compete with those clubs coming down from div 3 and those coming up from the conference.

Nothing to see here
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 19:11:59 »

Expecting similar things next season - some good results and perhaps a decent run at some point.  Ultimately, however, the season will end with a finish between 8th to 12th place.

A bit more investment is unlikely to compete with those clubs coming down from div 3 and those coming up from the conference.

absolute pointless speculation and guess work.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 19:36:59 »

absolute pointless speculation and guess work.

So hardly out of place on this forum  Girl Giggle

Nothing to see here
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, April 14, 2022, 07:15:24 »

So hardly out of place on this forum  Girl Giggle

of course. but to predict our form during a season that hasn't taken place yet without any signings and when our current season season hasn't even finished is taking speculation to the highest limit
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, April 14, 2022, 07:19:07 »

He's psychic

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, April 14, 2022, 08:24:54 »

Reg would be fully behind this..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 20:39:25 »

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-poised-to-appoint-swindon-towns-ben-garner-as-new-manager/

Surely not hahahaha
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 20:41:59 »

What the fuck
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 20:43:51 »

He can fuck off then, ditched at the first opportunity
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 20:48:13 »

Christ surely not?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 20:49:16 »

Fucking hell. I’m not too upset.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 20:49:55 »

Oh dear.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 20:51:53 »

Quite surprised that Charlton went for Garner really. Still very much a work in progress. Guess he'll want to bring Reed, Williams et al. Another summer without continuity. Sigh.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: