Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275295 times)
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 20:50:42 »

You are anti-clem then, get the fuck off the forum.

No I’m massively pro Clem. Lee power is a massive cockwomble but he won’t sell unless he’s forced. Thought that was obvious?
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 20:53:30 by Townend80 » Logged
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 22:35:51 »

Surely LL has a good idea with terminating new members whilst this shit situation is happening Huh?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 10:36:36 »

So Garner is contracted until June 2024.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 10:37:12 »

New info.

not sure how I feel about that given I'm not sure how I feel about Garner.

it doesn't seem unreasonable, but results will dictate that
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 10:39:07 »

How did you feel when Luke Williams was given a five year deal😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 10:41:57 »

New info.

Agreed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 10:47:47 »

New info.

Garner won’t be going anywhere soon unless he walks away.
The model will be based on loans and cheaper non league players to develop.

Will be interesting to see where we are with the current players we have and whether any of them will be actually offered improved terms to keep them.
I really hope so but I am expecting a significant complete rebuild.

Personally will get the last games out of the way and await the intent of the Board.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 11:01:29 »

yes Duke, let's see if fears are realised. if they are I would hope the advisory board lay out accounts to show why
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 12:00:09 »

yes Duke, let's see if fears are realised. if they are I would hope the advisory board lay out accounts to show why

Not going to get taken in with numbers in a spreadsheet or a roof on a stand.
Intent on the pitch the only way I will judge next season.

The Club have been backed superbly well by the fans in the time of need, no more free hits as detest this shite league and all that’s in it.
We should be challenging for a top 3 finish with what is at our disposal.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 12:27:03 »

I think we'll keep the core of the current squad and I'd like to think we'd improve on it. Loans are a necessity at this level, as much as I dislike it, every other club does it and by not doing it we're missing out on good talent for low cost and that will put us at a disadvantage. I'm not expecting a huge rebuild. The players enjoy it here and it would take big offers for them to leave.

Garner gets a pass for this season purely because of the shit that's happened but next year he'll be under a lot of scrutiny... and not just from the fans. If we have strong recruitment in the summer and the decent crowds continue and we're not challenging next year I don't think he'll last the season.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 13:29:56 »

You need to build a solid side and then add extra quality through loans.

The problem is the basis of our team are loans (and this isn’t just Garner, has been the case for some time).

This year was understandable considering how quickly the team was built, but would like to see us playing more of our own players.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 14:03:33 »

I think we'll keep the core of the current squad and I'd like to think we'd improve on it. Loans are a necessity at this level, as much as I dislike it, every other club does it and by not doing it we're missing out on good talent for low cost and that will put us at a disadvantage. I'm not expecting a huge rebuild. The players enjoy it here and it would take big offers for them to leave.

Garner gets a pass for this season purely because of the shit that's happened but next year he'll be under a lot of scrutiny... and not just from the fans. If we have strong recruitment in the summer and the decent crowds continue and we're not challenging next year I don't think he'll last the season.

Working on the assumption that Lyden probably is either not here or injured, the "core" provides this potential starting XI

JoJo
Hunt
Iandolo
Conroy
Odimayo
Reed
Gladwin
Aguilar
Payne
Williams
McKirdy

That is if everyone signs back on for next season.

The defence is as bad as the one that got us relegated here and leaked goals at it's worst this season
The midfield remain soft, while decent on the ball
The forward line lacks strikers

It's unlikely we keep everyone, so that's still a rebuild regardless.  That starting XI would be no better than mid table.  It's just so flakey without the ball and passive with it (with maybe two exceptions in Reed and McKirdy - the two most likely to attract interest).

That spine needs three or four players added that are not loans.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 14:15:39 »

Unfortunately in L1 and L2 many teams rely very heavily on loan players, if you strike lucky and have 2 or 3 good loan signings there is a great chance you will have a brilliant season.

Look at Blackpool in L1 last season, they had 3 excellent loans including Simms from Everton who bagged a goal every other game, him signing in January changed their season from mediocrity to a promotion one. Also us with Yates and Doyle in L2.

Bristol Rovers season has hinged on them making loan signings Thomas, Connelly, Taylor and Anderson, 3 of those in January kickstarted their season.

Our season faltered losing Simpson but the other loan signings JOB, Cooper, Barry and Tomlinson have made a difference when fit with Davison the only one qho I consider to be inferior to the player they all replaced.

Here is the loan player count for each club in current league position order, there is little correlation between less loans=better team etc as the 3 sides with 6 current loan players are spread out at 7, 15 and 24th with 9 clubs having 5 loan players and 8 with 4 loanees, leaving only 4 teams with 1 or 2.

FGR - 2
Exeter - 4
Port Vale - 4
Mansfield - 5
Northampton - 5
B Rovers - 5
Newport - 6
Salford - 2
Tranmere - 4
Sutton - 1
Swindon - 5
Crawley - 4
Hartlepool - 5
Orient - 5
Bradford - 6
Rochdale - 4
Harrogate - 5
Walsall - 4
Carlisle - 5
Colchester - 5
Barrow - 4
Oldham - 1
Stevenage - 4
Scunthorpe - 6

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 15:08:52 »

Manager contract lengths are essentially pointless. Don’t think it makes any difference in how quickly he’s gone if we underperform

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 15:18:16 »

Unfortunately in L1 and L2 many teams rely very heavily on loan players, if you strike lucky and have 2 or 3 good loan signings there is a great chance you will have a brilliant season.

Look at Blackpool in L1 last season, they had 3 excellent loans including Simms from Everton who bagged a goal every other game, him signing in January changed their season from mediocrity to a promotion one. Also us with Yates and Doyle in L2.

Bristol Rovers season has hinged on them making loan signings Thomas, Connelly, Taylor and Anderson, 3 of those in January kickstarted their season.

Our season faltered losing Simpson but the other loan signings JOB, Cooper, Barry and Tomlinson have made a difference when fit with Davison the only one qho I consider to be inferior to the player they all replaced.

Here is the loan player count for each club in current league position order, there is little correlation between less loans=better team etc as the 3 sides with 6 current loan players are spread out at 7, 15 and 24th with 9 clubs having 5 loan players and 8 with 4 loanees, leaving only 4 teams with 1 or 2.

FGR - 2
Exeter - 4
Port Vale - 4
Mansfield - 5
Northampton - 5
B Rovers - 5
Newport - 6
Salford - 2
Tranmere - 4
Sutton - 1
Swindon - 5
Crawley - 4
Hartlepool - 5
Orient - 5
Bradford - 6
Rochdale - 4
Harrogate - 5
Walsall - 4
Carlisle - 5
Colchester - 5
Barrow - 4
Oldham - 1
Stevenage - 4
Scunthorpe - 6

Whenever I hear “we shouldn’t go down the route of young loan players” I’ve often assumed it’s common practice for teams to have a number of them. It’s just normal practice now in the lower leagues so thanks for confirming that.

Never had a problem with it myself, it’s the way of modern football once all the big clubs started nicking any young youth who showed the small amount of talent
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: