Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275089 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 08:33:58 »

Before anyone asks… the last time we took another clubs manager was November 2020, when we appointed a man by the name of John Sheridan who was Wigan manager at the time.
That went well.

He wasn’t properly under contract though was he.

It won’t be Flynn anyway.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 08:43:57 »

Would be delighted at Flynn. At the very least we could go on a good cup run for a change
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:05:12 »

Flynn’s football the last time we visited Newport in League Two was some of the ugliest stuff I’ve ever seen. Effective maybe, but just plain ugly. Newport always seemed to start seasons well under him before tailing off too.

Not massively keen on this one.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:07:34 »

Not sure why Flynn would leave Newport. Spent a few years there building a team and they've been very close. Also his hometown team. Obviously we are a bigger club but right now, even with Clem in charge, we're still a mess.

If it did come off I'd be pretty happy, he's done a great job there although I can't say I was a fan of his style of football whenever we faced them. Seems like he may have adapted a bit last season so who knows.
Absolutely Flynn wouldnt leave a cushy job for a (on paper) basket case club, as for his style, when we played then they were terrible, hoofball and bully opponents but I saw them 3 times when Twine was there and they played a decent on the deck style which impressed me, it could be that he only had the players (and pitch) for hoofball previously.

As it stands though if you want to waste your money stick it on Flynn for the job.

I have a feeling we will all be "meh" about the new appointment, but in Clem we trust, when he is finally ratified.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:11:14 »

It would be an ambitious move, and I’d be surprised but very happy with it. Look at it another way - can Morfuni afford to not appoint a proven manager? We can’t go down - he needs a positive start. Managerial compensation needn’t be that high. Plus, Flynn’s 2020/21 Newport was very different to the 19/20 version. He had the ball going into Scott Twine’s feet, not sailing over him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:11:53 »

Having a quick google it seems Flynn drastically altered their style last year and they played a lot more football (which it seems Twine was key to). He mentions playing long ball as a necessity due to their horrendous pitch and it being difficult to continue playing on the deck after January when the pitch was even more horrendous. It seems Flynn has done pretty well utilising two different styles!

They've signed 5 players already including ex Town Jermaine Hylton. Doesn't seem like he'll move anywhere, least of all a basket case in the same league. Football is strange though....

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/29026/12318917/michael-flynn-interview-newport-countys-hometown-hero-on-the-style-change-thats-taken-them-to-wembley#aoh=16247854821148&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:14:23 by Tails » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:21:31 »

Absolutely Flynn wouldnt leave a cushy job for a (on paper) basket case club, as for his style, when we played then they were terrible, hoofball and bully opponents but I saw them 3 times when Twine was there and they played a decent on the deck style which impressed me, it could be that he only had the players (and pitch) for hoofball previously.

As it stands though if you want to waste your money stick it on Flynn for the job.

I have a feeling we will all be "meh" about the new appointment, but in Clem we trust, when he is finally ratified.

It's sounds like there will be a underwhelming appointment

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:22:59 »

hmmm. I can't see it being Flynn, even if Nicko is very often right.

it's just the money aspect. we surely need every penny to stabilise the ship.

still. my flabber has been ghasted before
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:27:12 »

Update from Noxin: Flynn will be the new manager. With Twine convinced to stay too. Chorley not coming. Was lost in translation. Someone said Robbie Fowler will be travelling down from his newly relocated Chorley, on occasion.

-------------------------------

Please take that with the most huge slice of sarcasm.

Seems several on here are in agreeance/incredibly ITK on who Town's next manager won't be...a case of "Nixon v The ITKers"...let battle commence.

Funny though...had Cowley said similar in that regard, he'd already be hung out to dry by several here. Think Berni mentioned similar the other day '...that's how it usually works isn't it?'. Yet here we are.

Some of you obviously know more than some and of course "can't say" but I didn't know some were already as close to Clem as Great Western Reds were/are in bed with Jamie Sendles-White  Pint

FWIW - Jerome Flynn would be a better appointment than the previous managerial enigma.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:51:28 »

wonder who Nixon's source is?

It's surely either going to be from the Newport side, or from one of the old regime on ours given there is nobody left to ask.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 09:59:27 »

Flynn was unhappy at Newport wasnt he? Something to do with a DOF being bought in over his head

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/19340670.michael-flynn-need-consider-newport-future/
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 10:01:50 by tans » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 10:03:47 »

Must admit I have never seen that, interesting, sounds like paving his way to an exit then, still doubt it will to us though but stranger things have happened.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 10:07:00 »

It was from after the playoff final so only a month ago
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 10:09:33 »

Flynn would be great but I doubt whether we are in a position to go through an expensive and possibly timely negotiation with Newport.

I suspect we'll see someone like Tisdale being announced this week. I'm relaxed about it all, whatever happens Will happen.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 10:15:48 »

Nixon is usually right.

Although 'wanting' somebody and 'getting' somebody is not necessarily the same thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: