Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275113 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 19:41:36 »

John Terry.

With Jack "footballing encyclopaedia" Grealish as his player-assistant?  Hmmm

Don't really think today is the day for senior managerial movements, to include two wife-shaggers in the news. Although it'd be a metaphorical "double team" for the newspapers.

Hancock taking the front, Terry taking the back....

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 19:45:01 »

With a little racism thrown in for good measure

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 19:47:16 »

I still don't think we have heard the last of McGreal and Gilmartin. That's based on nothing more than it was an odd statement and we've heard nothing from either since

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 19:55:16 »

I still don't think we have heard the last of McGreal and Gilmartin. That's based on nothing more than it was an odd statement and we've heard nothing from either since

I sort of hope so purely because their exit is an unwanted headache. I'm certain that McGreal was Jewell's man so I don't expect them to return but you never know.

Also, I do wonder if any possible return would made difficult if contracts have been already officially terminated? Having new owners would equate to new negotiations etc.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 20:56:28 »

I sort of hope so purely because their exit is an unwanted headache. I'm certain that McGreal was Jewell's man so I don't expect them to return but you never know.

Also, I do wonder if any possible return would made difficult if contracts have been already officially terminated? Having new owners would equate to new negotiations etc.

They won’t be returning unless they have left something in their desks.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 07:36:31 »

Swindon. New regime on way wants Flynn at Newport as boss. Ben Chorley to replace Paul Jewell as director of football.

- via Nixon on Twitter
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 07:39:44 »

Ohhh, interesting.

Would be more than happy with that.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 07:44:47 »

Swindon. New regime on way wants Flynn at Newport as boss. Ben Chorley to replace Paul Jewell as director of football.

- via Nixon on Twitter
It says in the article that former chief scout Chorley is set to return to his former position. I read that to mean that he would be reappointed as chief scout.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 07:55:32 »

- via Nixon on Twitter
LOVE that. Great manager for this level and would be a statement of intent. Indicates to me it's likely we will have a healthy budget if you're trying to poach one of the most talented and rounded managers at this level.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 07:57:55 »

Enjoying listening to the latest Loathed Strangers podcast where they're laughing at the ridiculousness of Flynn being linked. It does seem unlikely but if there's anything I've learned as a Town fan of many years, it's that I know absolutely nothing.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 08:02:01 »

Clearly not much of a secret given the odds on Flynn even prior to Nixons article. Makes you wonder who the sources are given the changes and how few people there at the club.

Not sure about Flynn. Clearly done a good job at Newport. Hope he changes the way he plays a bit with a better pitch. He's a very angry man on the sidelines.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 08:07:22 »

Mike Flynn will not be our new manager of that I am certain.

Clem wont start his tenure paying compensation for a manager he will almost certainly have picked the new man a while ago when he conducted several interviews (allegedly).

I have a feeling we are not in for a "blow your socks off" 1st managerial appointment from Clem.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 08:13:01 »

I don't think Flynn is out of reach as a manager of his calibre typically would be. He seemed to be considering his position after the playoff final and Newport under their current structure will rarely break the bank to probably sustain his ambitions. As Clem has been following Swindon since 2014, Flynn is one of the standouts at this level over that period so is probably more than aware of what he would bring. Usually I am very cynical when it comes to Swindons managerial prospects but I have an unusually good feeling for once on this one.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 08:14:36 »

Mike Flynn will not be our new manager of that I am certain.

Clem wont start his tenure paying compensation for a manager he will almost certainly have picked the new man a while ago when he conducted several interviews (allegedly).

I have a feeling we are not in for a "blow your socks off" 1st managerial appointment from Clem.

Inclined to agree with you.

Not sure why Flynn would leave Newport. Spent a few years there building a team and they've been very close. Also his hometown team. Obviously we are a bigger club but right now, even with Clem in charge, we're still a mess.

If it did come off I'd be pretty happy, he's done a great job there although I can't say I was a fan of his style of football whenever we faced them. Seems like he may have adapted a bit last season so who knows.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, June 27, 2021, 08:29:05 »

Before anyone asks… the last time we took another clubs manager was November 2020, when we appointed a man by the name of John Sheridan who was Wigan manager at the time.
That went well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: