Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Turkey v Italy  (Read 3990 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 08:11:56 »

Think the Italians will win this. Bring on the soccer.

Italy haven't conceded in 8 games.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 08:13:07 »

1-0 Italy

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 08:22:29 »

I've a soft spot for Turkey having been over there a few times and so I really hope that they have a good tournament. Italy are a strong side and should win.

I fancy a good entertaining opening game. I'll go 2-1 Italy.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 08:31:39 »

Really looking forward to this. The first match in a major tournament is always a special moment; even if the matches sometimes fail to live up to the hype. I think Italy will have too much for Turkey. 2-1 to the Azzurri.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 08:43:41 »

I think Turkey look pretty decent, but maybe this isn't the game to show that in. Still, opening games often have surprising results - I'll go for 1-1 with the Turks taking the lead.
Panda Paws

« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 08:52:52 »

I fancy Italy to go very deep - some value there too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 08:53:47 »

How deep you going😳

So, give no fucks
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:04:08 »

I’m expecting Italy, along with Portugal, to be the ones who will be waiting to pounce should France somehow fail to win the whole thing

They don’t have the household names they used to but Italy have a very good side these days, Turkey are no mugs though so expecting a close, probably not exciting, opener tonight
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:07:14 »

Mancini might also be the best tactical manager at any of the big sides - not a high bar but still.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:17:42 »

Mancini might also be the best tactical manager at any of the big sides - not a high bar but still.

Score first, then park the bus. It works, but will it against bigger sides?

Italy have to be a good outside bet.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:20:37 »

Germany don't appear to have much about them but you just know they will be a well oiled machine without anymore flair and hard to beat

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:25:02 »

Germany don't appear to have much about them but you just know they will be a well oiled machine without anymore flair and hard to beat

I only realised yesterday all Germany's games are in Munich. I thought they'd really struggle but now im not so sure. That group is horrible!

Im sticking a tenner on Italy. Brilliant tournament nation. Chiesa is one to watch for them.

That said im backing the draw tonight, 1-1. Turkey will relish the task of playing in Rome on opening night i think.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:26:50 »

Cheers Hans as I'm not up on the squad this time around. Another team under the radar is Spain who you can never write off.

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:31:08 »

I have this feeling (and it is only a feeling) that this tournament is going to have a "surprise" finalist; a team like Russia or Turkey.

Not necessarily win it, a la Greece in 2004 (Greece in 2004!) but still a surprise and a great tournament for a team that might be expected to dip out in the group stage.

Come on North Macedonia!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, June 11, 2021, 09:37:02 »

I have barely kept in touch with much football outside of STFC over the past few years but reading through the pre-amble Italy under Mancini are setup to be very attacking so are unlikely to be as dour as in previous tournaments.

As for the whole thing, I think the usual names like Spain and Germany are in decline and I think Belgium are probably never going to hit that height with their aging players. I watched France take Bulgaria apart at a partisan Stade De France and they looked excellent, fast, fit, strong, they will take some beating.

I just want England not to lose to Scotland and i'll be happy!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: