Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England team for the Euros  (Read 16861 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:37:49 »

England being joint favourites for this has to be one of the easiest, if not the easiest lays ever. Zero chance with Southgate in charge*.

*I'd fucking love to be wrong.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:38:57 »

England being joint favourites for this has to be one of the easiest, if not the easiest lays ever. Zero chance with Southgate in charge*.

Are we joint favourites? Surely only with English bookies?

I could see us being joint second with all the games at home, but surely France are clear of the pack?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:40:04 »

Why is there no chance with Southgate in charge? He got us to the semi-finals of the World Cup. Don't you think we are moving in the right direction under him?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:41:15 »

I genuinely didn’t even know the Euros were this summer. Covid has destroyed my sporting clock.
This.

Although when Swindon are doing shit I lose interest in the England team too even though I used to follow them everywhere back in the 80s and 90s, football in general has left me flat at the moment.

I will watch the finals but have no idea if we have a decent squad or not TBH.

I caught some of the game vs Albania and thought Phillips and Pope looked way out of their depth at international level.

The football under Southgate is much like Williams football, not exciting to watch and slow build up and dull, maybe they will kick it up a notch in more meaniful games, its just not exciting to watch for me.

No idea if we have any chance of winning as I don't keep an eye on other international scores or performances to be able to judge our level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:41:58 »

Are we joint favourites? Surely only with English bookies?

I could see us being joint second with all the games at home, but surely France are clear of the pack?

Yeah - Us & France are 5s in most places.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:43:36 »

Yeah - Us & France are 5s in most places.

UK bookies always seem to over-egg England in tournaments. I guess because the patriotic ones will back us whatever happens and so we are priced accordingly?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:47:07 »

Why is there no chance with Southgate in charge? He got us to the semi-finals of the World Cup. Don't you think we are moving in the right direction under him?

We beat nothing, got rolled twice by Belgium, and knocked out by a shite Croatia side.

Nah - I think he did a fantastic job reuniting the nation and making us believe again, but now we need a manager who can take us that one step further. He's not that man for me.

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:48:23 »

UK bookies always seem to over-egg England in tournaments. I guess because the patriotic ones will back us whatever happens and so we are priced accordingly?

oh for sure!

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:49:21 »

I don't think Southgate's especially good or anything but no international managers are really - most of France don't rate Deschamps and he's won a World Cup, Roberto fucking Martinez manages Belgium and so on. They get so little time with the players that any proper in-depth tactical coach would be wasted.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:50:44 »

I love international tournaments and not just for the England games, I usually aim is to watch all the games. I have almost zero interest in top level club competition so international football gives me the opportunity to watch the best players in the world and the football saturation level is wonderful. World Cup is best but Euros a close 2nd. Come on England.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 09:23:05 »

We beat nothing, got rolled twice by Belgium, and knocked out by a shite Croatia side.

Nah - I think he did a fantastic job reuniting the nation and making us believe again, but now we need a manager who can take us that one step further. He's not that man for me.

I think you are being a little bit harsh. I can't argue that losing to Belgium was disappointing but they are a very good side. I think by the Croatia game we were knackered, not an excuse of course but I think getting to the semis is better than expectation. I think he's done a really good job and for me we are improving under him. We'll probably flop badly now but we'll see.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:31:46 »

France and Belgium are will be favourites, France have even bought Benzema back in from the cold so they will actually have a decent striker this time around as well.

As for England, we have some decent attacking players but defensively and keeper wise we are poor with not a single world class defender or keeper, same in central midfield to be honest.  So when it comes to tight matches against decent teams we will be found wanting especially with Southgate not exactly being a tactical genius. 
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:41:53 »

Like many times before I expect us to go out after losing a game we shouldn't, probably due to a dodgy VAR decision. VAR and England heartbreak in a major tournament seems like a perfect match.

I think if we win Group D we will play the runner up of Group F in the last 16...which looks likely to be either France, Germany or Portugal. My money is on England V Portugal and an unhappy ending.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 12:06:40 »

33 man squad means just about everyone is in for the time being, except Eric Dier (Hallelujah).

Right back decision kicked down the road for another week!
Barry Scott

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 12:41:24 »

With the incredibly timid and defensive way he plays I wouldn't be surprised if he took all those defenders. He certainly doesn't need that many attackers.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: