Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England team for the Euros  (Read 16987 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:31:18 »

I know everyone has different opinions blah blah blah but people that aren't rating grealish, wow. He is an exceptional talent and can open games up in an instant.

there is no other player like grealish in the england squad for me. dribbling, chances created etc this season is up there with the best. all playing for villa.
Panda Paws

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:36:05 »

I know everyone has different opinions blah blah blah but people that aren't rating grealish, wow. He is an exceptional talent and can open games up in an instant.

there is no other player like grealish in the england squad for me. dribbling, chances created etc this season is up there with the best. all playing for villa.

Do you have him ahead of Foden in the wide left forward position, their preferred positions.

Foden Mount Sterling
          Kane

For me, Jeff.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:36:51 »

For me it's not about not rating him as such but about what he doesn't do. The likes of Foden,Mount Harvey Barnes who we mentioned will work their bollocks of for the team still whilst still being able to create and score goals. In the system England play with the fullbacks we have they need that bit of help and he doesn't offer it for me. Like you say though it's all opinions
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:38:56 »

Really important summer for Sterling isn't it. Can see Sancho playing instead of him by the end of the tournament if Raheem performs like he did the last few months.  It's a shame as the last few years he has been as good as anyone
Panda Paws

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:45:07 »

Really important summer for Sterling isn't it. Can see Sancho playing instead of him by the end of the tournament if Raheem performs like he did the last few months.  It's a shame as the last few years he has been as good as anyone

On form, Rashford and Greenwood might even be ahead of him too, and for whatever reason he's never quite connected with the fans and the public.

The frustration is all of our young attacking talent play wide left - Rashford, Grealish, Foden, Greenwood - all best off the left of a 3.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:46:24 »

Sancho plays right, and Foden has done a bit at the end of the season.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:47:55 »

For me it's not about not rating him as such but about what he doesn't do. The likes of Foden,Mount Harvey Barnes who we mentioned will work their bollocks of for the team still whilst still being able to create and score goals. In the system England play with the fullbacks we have they need that bit of help and he doesn't offer it for me. Like you say though it's all opinions

But he's a better option for me in games where he doesn't have to help the full back where we need players who can operate in tight spaces when the opposition sit back, I don't see him starting the games in which we expect to do more defending. 

We won't have a 'First 11' in the traditional sense, that has been our downfall for ages, we need to start using the squad for the specific needs of each fixture.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:49:01 »

Do you have him ahead of Foden in the wide left forward position, their preferred positions.

Foden Mount Sterling
          Kane

For me, Jeff.

on form though grealish is way ahead of sterling this season and rashford is as well and loves playing lw. i mean its a good problem to have.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:49:20 »

and for whatever reason he's never quite connected with the fans and the public.
He's an English player that dared to force his way out of media darling Liverpool and as a result the written press and the Scouse fans seem to have been out to destroy him ever since.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:50:55 »

On form, Rashford and Greenwood might even be ahead of him too, and for whatever reason he's never quite connected with the fans and the public.

The frustration is all of our young attacking talent play wide left - Rashford, Grealish, Foden, Greenwood - all best off the left of a 3.

Greenwood scores most of his goals cutting in from the right

So, give no fucks
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:51:18 »

There have been 13 different teams in the last ten champions league finals

There were 9 different teams in the first 10 European cup finals

In the 90’s it was 12 different teams, in the 70’s and 80’s it was 14.

Winners are no more or less homogenous than it ever was.

In the last 20 years there have been 8 winners and the 20 years before 15 winners.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:52:38 »

Let's also not forget Wales got to the semi finals in 2016

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:53:02 »

on form though grealish is way ahead of sterling this season and rashford is as well and loves playing lw. i mean its a good problem to have.
Grealish has no form, he's been injured for months....
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:54:19 »

re greenwood- i dont think he has played for utd on the left? that has always been taken up by 1 of rashford or martial. he may well prefer it but for the last 2 years he plays right/ up top. the thing i love about greenwood is his unpredictability he sits defenders on his arse throughout when he is on goal as he has a rocket on both feet.

one thing for sure is we have an abundance of attacking players and you will never please everyone when the teamsheet comes out.  
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:56:46 »

Grealish has no form, he's been injured for months....

you know what i mean- form across the season- his stats match the best and he missed 12 games says enough. played in the last 4 games of the season. should be fresher than every other player
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: