Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England team for the Euros  (Read 16986 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:59:24 »

re greenwood- i dont think he has played for utd on the left? that has always been taken up by 1 of rashford or martial. he may well prefer it but for the last 2 years he plays right/ up top. the thing i love about greenwood is his unpredictability he sits defenders on his arse throughout when he is on goal as he has a rocket on both feet.

one thing for sure is we have an abundance of attacking players and you will never please everyone when the teamsheet comes out. 

Greenwood is second fiddle to Rashford I guess. His finishing is unbelievable. If he gets himself focused and right between the ears, he'll be immense.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 09:59:37 »

you know what i mean- form across the season- his stats match the best and he missed 12 games says enough. played in the last 4 games of the season. should be fresher than every other player
Well no look at James Maddison, been gash since he returned from injury you don't just suddenly hit the same form after a long injury.

If you go through all the players you mentioned then Sterling still has a better goals to minutes ratio than Rashford, Greenwood and Grealish this season.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 10:01:14 by theakston2k » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 10:07:55 »

He's an English player that dared to force his way out of media darling Liverpool and as a result the written press and the Scouse fans seem to have been out to destroy him ever since.
To be fair it started a year before that when he said he was too tired to play for England and Liverpool and pissed off to Jamaica mid season. Since then it has been crazy how under-appreciated he is
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 10:39:58 »

Which of the 4 RBs will miss out?

I would prefer it to be Reece James but fear it will be Trippier, which would be a complete joke given he is the starting RB for the La Liga champions
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 10:44:26 »

I would prefer it to be Reece James but fear it will be Trippier, which would be a complete joke given he is the starting RB for the La Liga champions

I’d agree with you

Trent is brilliant and offers loads as well as multiple positions

Trippier good at set pieces

Walker can also fill in at CB especially if we changed to 3 at the back
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:03:04 »

Walker and James.
Don’t need three Right Backs, do we Reg?

On that note, never understood the three keeper rule. Pointless and a waste of a place.
Panda Paws

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:07:21 »

Trent will miss out. Walker, Trippier are miles ahead of the other 2 right now. Walker is out on his own and will start.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:07:56 »

I'm guessing three keepers are needed in case one of the two in first team squad gets injured and wouldn't want to be left with just one.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:12:21 »

I'm guessing three keepers are needed in case one of the two in first team squad gets injured and wouldn't want to be left with just one.

I’d say the odds of getting two keepers injured and/or sent off in what is at most 7 games is highly unlikely. I can’t imagine it’s happened often...no doubt it actually has...once or something.

...but...like the three keepers thing is a rule rather than each Nations choice. I wonder if they were free to decide how many would still take three keepers?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:15:08 »

I think if they only had two keepers they would be worried about not having a sub keeper if the other one got injured or was sent off if that makes sense.

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:33:05 »

If they dropped the 3 keeper rule I'd imagine squad size would drop from 23 to 22 anyway so absolutely no impact on the squad in practice.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:38:16 »

I’d say the odds of getting two keepers injured and/or sent off in what is at most 7 games is highly unlikely. I can’t imagine it’s happened often...no doubt it actually has...once or something.

...but...like the three keepers thing is a rule rather than each Nations choice. I wonder if they were free to decide how many would still take three keepers?
Chelsea vs Reading in 2006.... that is all.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:39:00 »

If they dropped the 3 keeper rule I'd imagine squad size would drop from 23 to 22 anyway so absolutely no impact on the squad in practice.

It used to be 22 with 3 keepers anyway didn’t it?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:42:55 »

It used to be 22 with 3 keepers anyway didn’t it?

Yep, albeit squads went up to 23 in 2002 I think.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:05:17 »

He's an English player that dared to force his way out of media darling Liverpool and as a result the written press and the Scouse fans seem to have been out to destroy him ever since.

What a load of bollocks that is..

Re Grealish, although he has obvious qualities, I see similararities to Hoddle and England.  Undoubtably one of our most skillfull players, but doesn't do enough of the dirty work to warrant a place in the starting 11, whereas Foden is capable and willing to do it all..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: