Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wigan v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20942 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 18:58:06 »

I'm looking forward to seeing Pox fail miserably in the play offs, the season isn't over yet  Smiley
Clap
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 19:39:52 »

Yeah I echo these sentiments, NMH's post game summaries are always appreciated. And PV, even more praise to you only because I know some on here do disagree with your opinions and often let you know. The fact that you spend the time during the season to provide your updates should be applauded. Top men, both of you.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 19:41:33 »

Spot on Bob

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 09:52:18 »

Yeah I echo these sentiments, NMH's post game summaries are always appreciated. And PV, even more praise to you only because I know some on here do disagree with your opinions and often let you know. The fact that you spend the time during the season to provide your updates should be applauded. Top men, both of you.
Plus one for both, NMH and PV do a great job for very little thanks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #184 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 10:16:00 »

Echo this a big thanks to NMH for your post match summaries, really appreciate reading then afterwards.
PV what can I say, you have kept my sanity going. Mad bastard and need help Smiley

Plus one for both, NMH and PV do a great job for very little thanks

I checked the score on the game three times - once at 1-0, then at 3-1, then at 3-4. Absolutely typical to have that sort of turn around in a dead rubber.

Thanks to NMH for his post-match write ups and to PV for the commentary this season (again). Even if I had the time and the money I'm not sure I would have chosen to watch us this season so your match day contributions are valued.

It is my absolute pleasure, so many times over the years I have listened to the radio comms and it bore little or no relation to what is actually happening on the pitch. Often a goal would go in and for the first 10 or 15 seconds you have no idea as to which side have scored. I just try and ease that for those who cannot watch or also those who cannot liten to games and chekcing updates on here.

Much to the chagrin of several posters I have no plans to stop these updates.

As for NMH I too fully appreciate his efforts on the post match interviews and how he condenses them into more managable bite size blocks, thanks for your time and condensing of the crap often spurted out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 10:41:07 »

My pleasure. I enjoy listening to the post match stuff and find the best way to digest is to scribble notes. Glad others get something from them.

This morning (whilst on the phone for 90 mins trying to cancel a holiday) I took in yesterday's game. Thought it was a pretty poor display again, with the result papering over a number of cracks.

We won because of two things. A very harsh sending off and because we eventually played with two up top. The defence was absolutely appalling and we could (and should) have conceded after making it 3-3. Quite how our defence was overrun by a 10 man team with the centre forward having acres of space and oodles of time I'll never know!

Other snippets:
Camp was just 'OK' today. He made a couple of errors, one of which cost us the first goal.
Thompson is not very good. Jostles and bullies. Played the suicide pass of the match in the 90th minute after we had equalised.
Broadbent and Grounds cannot play together. Broadbent thinks he's Hoddle at times, while Grounds actually played one of the best passes of the game to put Hope through for his goal. Both were arguing about the other being out of position much of the time.
Hunt was a liability at RB but looked good going forward when they were down to 10 men.
Midfield looked lightweight again. Grant looked immobile. Palmer is a L2 player.
Twine did OK with two strikes, but I'd expect him to dominate midfield more, rather than show 'flashes'.
Pitman tries, but alone he offers nothing. I'd also like to see him replaced next year with someone a bit more mobile.
Payne showed why I won't be sad to see someone else sign him. A few flashes, but we looked better when he was replaced for a striker.
Hope had his best game for a while. Lots of possession down the right, but absolutely awful crossing, except for the one placed on Smith's head for the equaliser.
Smith showed he is raw. Had an opportunity before his goal but didn't see the pass from Twine coming.

Thank God that season is over. I'm now looking forward to hearing the off field issues being sorted and being excited and rebuilding in L2. Hopefully, we can do this well and build a solid foundation that can grow and strength. Maybe in 2-3 years we will be back in L1 with a stronger team that can be tweaked to make it competitive in this league. Who knows, maybe we can get back to being consistently one of the top 10 in this division. Time will tell.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 10:55:04 »

Keep up the good work guys it's much appreciated

So, give no fucks
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 11:58:58 »

As for NMH I too fully appreciate his efforts on the post match interviews and how he condenses them into more managable bite size blocks, thanks for your time and condensing of the crap often spurted out.

Thanks to you both, especially NMH because Ifollow often cuts off before the interviews. Just one question ...

Would NMH's condensing work on some of the posters on here?  Wink
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 12:15:39 »

All over thank fuck!

Watched the highlights and the conceded goals were a joy to watch as well as a couple of corkers from us.

Lets see what this crazy club brings us close season.

Usually i would be looking forward to a clear out and new manager excitement.

I suppose i am just hoping we start next year as a club and no stupid points deduction.  It truly has been a woeful season.

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #189 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 12:49:08 »

Hopefully next week the courts will bring some sort of closure and we can start looking forward.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 13:01:06 »

I've also much appreciated summaries and comments by NMH and PV though the season, well done guys!

ust be the oldest
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 13:41:12 »

Just watched the highlights, In terms of the first goal whilst Camp should have got there, their player should never have been able to run onto the header as easily as he did.

And despite multiple watches what was their player sent off for?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 13:46:40 »

I've also much appreciated summaries and comments by NMH and PV though the season, well done guys!
This,  well done chaps..much appreciated.  Clap Clap Clap

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 14:58:17 »

I wish PV and NMH would find a new hobby, they obviously love the sound of their own voices and only do it to get their post counts up..  cunts..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 14:59:30 »

Only joking, love you guys...    Love Letter

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: