Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pointless home game against Ipswich  (Read 24595 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 06:55:18 »

Unemployed man would take job.
Well, colour me surprised.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 07:06:31 »

I suspect that this will change if a better or more appealing 'project' comes up at, say, Altrincham or FC United of Manchester.

Nothing to see here
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 07:29:58 »

Was Twine auditioning for a move to Ipswich with that assist for Norwood's second
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 09:52:09 »

Personally I'm growing to the idea of Wellens coming back. Now that I know more of the situation behind the scenes with LP and it could very well be true that Wellens was given a nudge by LP to take the Salford job given the compensation that the club/LP would receive. Obviously the details are very sketchy but I'm not totally convinced that Wellens definitely wanted to leave.

Fair play to him for coming down for the charity game, the cynical will say its the least he can do etc but I do believe this club has got under his skin and probably sees a bright future without LP. It was definitely the most that STFC has been for years under Wellens. For many I'm sure now that's been tarnished but I'd rather have Wellens back than some of the options that could see us fall further.

May sounds like it will be an interesting month either way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 10:16:36 »

Can just hear the conversation now.

Power - ‘Ritchie, look, I’m determined to get the club relegated, be good to get out of Dodge soonest’

Wellens - ‘Don’t want a relegation on my CV and you could do with a few quid’
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 10:25:18 »

Personally I'm growing to the idea of Wellens coming back. Now that I know more of the situation behind the scenes with LP and it could very well be true that Wellens was given a nudge by LP to take the Salford job given the compensation that the club/LP would receive. Obviously the details are very sketchy but I'm not totally convinced that Wellens definitely wanted to leave.

Fair play to him for coming down for the charity game, the cynical will say its the least he can do etc but I do believe this club has got under his skin and probably sees a bright future without LP. It was definitely the most that STFC has been for years under Wellens. For many I'm sure now that's been tarnished but I'd rather have Wellens back than some of the options that could see us fall further.

May sounds like it will be an interesting month either way.

‘but I do believe this club has got under his skin and probably sees a bright future without LP’ Does make you wonder doesn’t it? Perhaps Clem & Standing have been sounding him out? After all, if they both are that determined to see their investments back they’ll have to wrestle the club from Power and then run it successfully. That requires a good manager and good players.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 10:44:53 »

Did anyone see Wright say something to Curran as he came off the pitch? It was short and to the point. The response the same.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 10:47:42 »

‘but I do believe this club has got under his skin and probably sees a bright future without LP’ Does make you wonder doesn’t it? Perhaps Clem & Standing have been sounding him out? After all, if they both are that determined to see their investments back they’ll have to wrestle the club from Power and then run it successfully. That requires a good manager and good players.

I did wonder the same.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 10:51:11 »

Ultimately regardless of circumstances Wellens managerial CV reads being involved in 2 relegations from league 1 and a sacking by a league 2 club interjected by a good half season in a curtailed season. Add in the way behaved before and during his exit he shouldn’t even be under consideration, he burnt his bridges and his ego was off the scale when he left! Too many of our fans have an obsession with ex players and managers and I just don’t get it.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 10:55:34 »

Ultimately regardless of circumstances Wellens managerial CV reads being involved in 2 relegations from league 1 and a sacking by a league 2 club interjected by a good half season in a curtailed season. Add in the way behaved before and during his exit he shouldn’t even be under consideration, he burnt his bridges and his ego was off the scale when he left! Too many of our fans have an obsession with ex players and managers and I just don’t get it.

I wanted Andy King back when he first got unfairly sacked (and I got my wish cunt faces - one man protest). Wellens is a no brainer.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 10:58:33 »

I wanted Andy King back when he first got unfairly sacked (and I got my wish cunt faces - one man protest). Wellens is a no brainer.
But you’re just a glutton for punishment....
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 11:27:33 »

It's hardly an 'obsession'. Surely if someone does a good job - and I don't think that's really up for debate is it - then they have earned the chance to repeat it in my eyes. I'm not naive enough to understand that it might not work second time around but surely given the downward spiral we are on getting Wellens back on paper is less risky than going down a completely new manager route.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 11:36:28 »

It's hardly an 'obsession'. Surely if someone does a good job - and I don't think that's really up for debate is it - then they have earned the chance to repeat it in my eyes. I'm not naive enough to understand that it might not work second time around but surely given the downward spiral we are on getting Wellens back on paper is less risky than going down a completely new manager route.
He was part of the Power, Jewell & Wright clique and can’t see how he wouldn’t have been complicit it in the whole Curran saga. He’s part of the problem not the solution in my eyes, we need a clean break from anyone associated with the current mob!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 11:38:17 »

He was part of the Power, Jewell & Wright clique and can’t see how he wouldn’t have been complicit it in the whole Curran saga. He’s part of the problem not the solution in my eyes, we need a clean break from anyone associated with the current mob!

He never played Curran though did he?

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 11:39:40 »

But I do get where you are coming from and it's understandable given the sorry del boy like saga going on behind the scenes. Who knows what the fuck the truth of the situation is.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: