Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pointless home game against Ipswich  (Read 24573 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 16:20:40 »

Fans are far too precious - like being concerned about a City a few miles away.  Wellens had something about him that worked for us, I'd have him back, couldn't give a shit if he'd pulled his trousers down and showed his ass on the way out last time.
Flashheart

« Reply #226 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 16:46:21 »

Or maybe some people just are not interested in a bottler?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 16:54:43 »

Fans are far too precious - like being concerned about a City a few miles away.  Wellens had something about him that worked for us, I'd have him back, couldn't give a shit if he'd pulled his trousers down and showed his ass on the way out last time.

Same for me Rob.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 16:59:33 »

Or maybe some people just are not interested in a bottler?

If fans knew the whole story why he left then they might be more understanding and welcome him back

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:12:09 »

And the whole story is..??
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:14:49 »

Exactly none of us know and many assume that they do

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:16:18 »

I still don't think anyone knows to be honest. I guess the latest chapter is that Wellens was pushed towards the Salford job so we/LP could get compensation from them. Wellens could have refused of course but it would have been an uncomfortable working environment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:17:21 »

If fans knew the whole story why he left then they might be more understanding and welcome him back

Maybe, maybe not.

But we can only go on what we do know and, going from what little knowledge I do have, I think he's a bottler. Fuck all to do with being 'precious' or whatever. I think the guy bottled when the going got rough and would likely do it again. Hence why I don't want him here again.

"I didn't want a relegation on my C.V"

Not a dig at you Jimmy, but there's an air of sanctimony about some and it fucking grates.

But hey ho. It seems some people must know my feelings better than I do. Impressive, eh?

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:17:32 »

There is a whole footballing world out there.  I don't see the attraction in hankering after a former manager.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:22:00 »

Maybe, maybe not.

But we can only go on what we do know and, going from what little knowledge I do have, I think he's a bottler. Fuck all to do with being 'precious' or whatever. I think the guy bottled when the going got rough and would likely do it again. Hence why I don't want him here again.

"I didn't want a relegation on my C.V"

Not a dig at you Jimmy, but there's an air of sanctimony about some and it fucking grates.

But hey ho. It seems some people must know my feelings better than I do. Impressive, eh?

Valid points Flasheart and even if he did come back I'm not sure that I would welcome him back but I'm still hedging my bets that there was more to him leaving than us fans will ever know about unless of course later on he wants to write a autobiography!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:24:02 »

There is a whole footballing world out there.  I don't see the attraction in hankering after a former manager.

Let see hope that it's a different chairman going through the applicants

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:29:50 »

Seen as we all (rightfully) despise Power it’s very easy to construct the narrative that he forces Wellens to go or Wellens left because of a poor working relationship with Power.

That may or may not be true, partially true or completely false.

However, I don’t think it matters too much because I think Wellens would have still taken the opportunity to leave - even if everything had been good at boardroom level. Firstly because he knew he’d put together a poor squad and secondly for his family life.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:33:12 »

Macari, Ardilies, Hoddle, Todd, Evans, Wise.....they all left once there was a better offer on the table.

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:34:33 »

...how many of those dropped down a division?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, May 2, 2021, 17:36:29 »

The principles are the same as we all know money talks

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: