Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest against the owners  (Read 17479 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 15:50:57 »

What about the traditional banner flying over during the game😀

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 15:54:53 »

6 days is plenty of time to get something sorted. But it really does need the backing of the Trust and Supporters Club to get some good numbers.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 15:56:59 »

That's why I don't think six days is long enough to organise nse things without the trust

So, give no fucks
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 16:53:35 »

If it’s organised by the trust im 100% in. Not if it’s just some bloke off FB though.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 17:27:34 »

I genuinely don’t think we have that sort of passionate support from our fans. When we won L2 last season and I went to the ground I’d say there was less than 30 celebrating compared to the many hundreds that other promoted clubs got. There was supposed to be a protest against Pompey last Tuesday, again only a handful showed up, nothing on the scale we’ve seen by the fans of the big 6 this week. Whilst I agree it’s hard to get into the county ground car park at present with all the security it would probably be easier to have a mass gathering at a meeting point not to far from the ground, say Tesco’s car park and when we have sufficient numbers we March to the county ground. If it’s done peacefully without trouble it’s likely the security staff won’t fancy trying to stop hundreds of fans making a protest outside the stadium.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:16:08 »

We have a lot of loyal fans, but organised passion is a bit thin. Guess we're too long in the tooth with being dealt shit over decades. A dogshit sandwich as flash would say  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:29:09 »

I genuinely don’t think we have that sort of passionate support from our fans. When we won L2 last season and I went to the ground I’d say there was less than 30 celebrating compared to the many hundreds that other promoted clubs got.
TBF that may have been because it was during the first lockdown. Not sure you can equate "compliance with a public health lockdown during a global pandemic" with "got no pashun for the club"
stfcjack

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:41:57 »

TBF that may have been because it was during the first lockdown. Not sure you can equate "compliance with a public health lockdown during a global pandemic" with "got no pashun for the club"

Agreed
stfcjack

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:42:43 »

The trust have just retweeted some anti power banners hung up today, so perhaps they could get behind this?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:49:47 »

For a lot of fans, this feels all too familiar. Being treated with contempt by owners in this default setting. If you’re used to it, you’re less likely to react with rage. That’s why Fitton, Nick Watkins and Co stood out. They were professional and respectful to the fans. I think they’re the only ones to have ever done that.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:52:38 »

So it’s not nothing to do with passion then just Town fans are more likely to follow government guidelines than say Liverpool, Leeds and Coventry fans? I just feel like most of our fans are abit meh about it all. There’s a video on Facebook of the last time we had a protest after we got relegated to L2 after a home defeat to Rotherham. Again, a rather small gathering that didn’t last that long. Nothing like the protest March for the Town back in the early 90’s after our demotion that started in Faringdon Road Park.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 18:57:50 »

I also think we're now in an era where the avarage football fan isn't as passionate or interested anymore

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 19:06:14 »

I also think we're now in an era where the avarage football fan isn't as passionate or interested anymore
To clubs we have been converted to customers for some fans.
Think we all know the types, the ones last season who swore they’ve always been a Liverpool fan, yet funnily enough also own old Man City and Chelsea tops.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 19:10:38 »

To clubs we have been converted to customers for some fans.
Think we all know the types, the ones last season who swore they’ve always been a Liverpool fan, yet funnily enough also own old Man City and Chelsea tops.

Yes spot on with your summary

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 19:13:01 »

iv never attended a protest before but last week after the Tuesday match I was furious with every single thing about the club. having no fans I'm attendance has left everyone feeling deflated and helpless. the players, managers and owners have had the easiest times of their relegation lives this season without fans.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: