Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest against the owners  (Read 17642 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 19:15:28 »

I agree without fans in the stadium all concerned have hasn't it easy as us loyal followers have had to suffer in silence

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 19:21:17 »

Without being pernickety, I am not sure that the heading of this thread is correct. CM is a part owner and recent posts by certain fan groups put their weight behind him and his backers (I am not sure if their details are in the public domain). 

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 19:38:10 »

ok,  protest against the majority shareholder. The one that has a controlling interest in the club.

I'm pretty sure that
  a. if Able came out with some transparency then they'd get treated based on their merits by fans groups too.

it's not some matey Clem clique. if a better offer is genuinly on the table then great.

b. yes Morfuni's other backers (if any) aren't in the public domain either. I don't know how far the trust got with due diligence in them tbh.

Change is 100% needed, I can't see that being controversial.

You have to go with the best option based on what evidence you can see. surely. The alternative *may* be better. But with no way of knowing you can't back then based on Powers say so.

I say this having only rejoined the Trust last week.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:04:12 »

ok,  protest against the majority shareholder. The one that has a controlling interest in the club.

I'm pretty sure that
  a. if Able came out with some transparency then they'd get treated based on their merits by fans groups too.

it's not some matey Clem clique. if a better offer is genuinly on the table then great.

b. yes Morfuni's other backers (if any) aren't in the public domain either. I don't know how far the trust got with due diligence in them tbh.

Change is 100% needed, I can't see that being controversial.

You have to go with the best option based on what evidence you can see. surely. The alternative *may* be better. But with no way of knowing you can't back then based on Powers say so.

I say this having only rejoined the Trust last week.
Clem doesn't have any other backers, he doesn't need them. Its him and him only with regard to his bid.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:14:02 »

Clem doesn't have any other backers, he doesn't need them. Its him and him only with regard to his bid.

It was suggested otherwise on this forum.

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:23:41 »

With the utmost respect to him, we didn't know for sure that Power had 'other backers' until about 18 months back.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:27:37 »

I have messaged them regarding it. In recent times i can understand why they wouldn't support it but they have nothing to lose now

Did you hear anything back?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:38:49 »

It seems very hard to get close to the stadium though at the moment, and no one seems keen to get one organised either.

How close can you get, isn't the bit behind the Arkells a PROW if it isn't I assume so far into the site past the CGH is possible. Key would be to ensure that its sensible and peaceful (to avoid any lockdown complaints), make sure the media cover it (At least locals and then get picked up by nationals) and a few interviews with fans querying why we are apparently so skint admin is required yet all these security staff are being paid for a closed door game and go from there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:44:11 »

Quote from: JanAirplaneMan

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:45:26 »

Is he a fan?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:53:00 »

How close can you get, isn't the bit behind the Arkells a PROW if it isn't I assume so far into the site past the CGH is possible. Key would be to ensure that its sensible and peaceful (to avoid any lockdown complaints), make sure the media cover it (At least locals and then get picked up by nationals) and a few interviews with fans querying why we are apparently so skint admin is required yet all these security staff are being paid for a closed door game and go from there.
Don't need to get close to the stadium per se, front of the car park has much more visibility to passing traffic on the Magic Roundabout. It's not like it will make any difference as to whether or not Power can hear people chanting etc. He isn't suddenly going to undergo a Damascene conversion
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 08:55:20 »

Can we not get a plane, they always get media attention.

Panda Paws

« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 09:05:25 »

Drones are cheaper than planes, can be controlled from a fair distance away from any area that is controlled by the club and do cause the game to stop....

Just an observation.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 09:19:30 »

With the utmost respect to him, we didn't know for sure that Power had 'other backers' until about 18 months back.
Exactly this. We kept hearing the "there's only me Shaaawwwnnn" and then the skeletons started falling out of the cupboards.

This isn't a dig at Axis (or Able come to that ) but based on our track record of ownership I am hugely wary of any potential owner.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 26, 2021, 09:26:18 »

Kieran Maguire (The Price of Football) is talking to BBC Wilts Sound today about the financial implications of our relegation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: