Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest against the owners  (Read 17478 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:37:53 »

Both fair enough I guess.

Bit of a sad state of affairs, I guess the Trust (and OSC to a point) are the only ones left that will at least try to do some digging. Unless it blows up enough for the nationals to take another look.

There is plenty enough in the public domain already to run quite the splash with minimal new work, you don't ned an investigative journalist just someone who can write, the fact that the Adver and BBC seem loathe to run with it says a lot about their apathy to the club and local news in general.

Local journalism seems to have mainly dropped to the levels of trawling twitter for local stories that people are outraged about. Up here just about every story is published on Facebook with a comment like 'What do you think about this' and then tomorrow they run another story with all the social media comments.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:39:35 »

You would have thought that now Power is hightailing it out of Dodge, there’s nothing to be lost by whomever asking a host of impertinent questions. Especially as we all know he won’t answer any of them.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:45:44 »

You would have thought that now Power is hightailing it out of Dodge, there’s nothing to be lost by whomever asking a host of impertinent questions. Especially as we all know he won’t answer any of them.

TBF to the Adver at least I think on the rare occasions they actually report something the final line is normally 'We approached the Club for comment but nothing has been received to date'.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 09:50:54 »

It would be nice to just have the issues we are all talking about ‘put out there’ so at least he knows everyone is on to him.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 10:14:58 »

TBF to the Adver at least I think on the rare occasions they actually report something the final line is normally 'We approached the Club for comment but nothing has been received to date'.

Kind of suits Power to have banished the adver from all communications months ago doesn’t it. Maybe that’s why the BBC have what appears to be little or nothing to say on the matter, they don’t want to rock the boat and be excluded too.
Panda Paws

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 10:34:26 »

The BBC are rights holders and as such, their hands are tied. They also.... know what side their bread is buttered.

The Adver are hamstrung by the fact that local media is broke. It simply doesn't work commercially. Why would they invest in a story, when there is no money to be made (unless they take a brave leap and put it behind a paywall, but the quality needs to come first).
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 11:11:25 »

The BBC are rights holders and as such, their hands are tied. They also.... know what side their bread is buttered.

The Adver are hamstrung by the fact that local media is broke. It simply doesn't work commercially. Why would they invest in a story, when there is no money to be made (unless they take a brave leap and put it behind a paywall, but the quality needs to come first).

I am not convinced either of these stack up, only insofar as if you compare them with the media up here.

When all the Bury stuff was kicking off the local beeb were not backwards in coming forward, likewise with Bolton, the Bolton News (who are Newsquest like the Adver) seemed to have a reporter on its full time, albeit I suspect this was helped by the fact that he is obviously a fan, I am not convinced the Adver sports reporters have ever been to the town.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 11:17:11 »

I agree, Hodgets always seems quick to correct people when they text the wrong info in or say something against Power as such
Panda Paws

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 13:16:24 »

I am not convinced either of these stack up, only insofar as if you compare them with the media up here.

When all the Bury stuff was kicking off the local beeb were not backwards in coming forward, likewise with Bolton, the Bolton News (who are Newsquest like the Adver) seemed to have a reporter on its full time, albeit I suspect this was helped by the fact that he is obviously a fan, I am not convinced the Adver sports reporters have ever been to the town.

V interesting re the Bolton News. Marc Iles has been on that beat for years, and presumably is somehow maintaining a job there through personal sacrifice of some sort (i.e. not interested in moving on).

We've had good local reporters on the STFC beat but they never hang around.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: