Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35149 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 20:22:17 »

What a Twat of a season. Will bounce back eventually, but could be in trouble for a few years. Don’t want to see anyone involved next season who was in this, with exceptions made to Payne and Twine.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 20:28:25 »

This season has been far far worse. Worst side in the history of the club and by Christ they fucking showed it today. Sheridan is a fucking terrible manager and he and those above him have to take the lion's share of the blame for the disgrace we have been this season, but the players today certainly have to take their share of the blame. I get that morale is low and they've been set up wrong and the tactics are shit and and and and but fuck me whatever happened to just simple personal pride? Just taking some responsibility and going out there and saying "Fuck everything else, ultimately the only thing I can only control is what I do in that 90 minutes and I'm going to do the absolute best that I can". Absolute fucking disgrace that team.

Very difficult to say that this team is the worst in history. I have been watching since 1956 and yes there have been some awful teams and performances over the years but the whole playing setup has now changed radically and I agree that the current management and squad are way, way down in what should be expected of a club like ours. Players that once stayed for years and became a part of whole setup are a very small minority so the fact that being part of a relegation team matters little these days, so personal pride may apply to some but the next better paying club is a higher priority and possibly understandably so.  I want to think that come next August we will have a squad willing to run, fight and give 100% for the team but there are so many variables to overcome in this present sh1tstorm I am certainly not confident that we will see the 21/22 season being another glory one.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 20:29:11 »

In other news, Skybet are short changing me 7 pence to cash out my relegation bet now rather than wait for the season to be over. Cunts.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 20:32:03 »

In other news, Skybet are short changing me 7 pence to cash out my relegation bet now rather than wait for the season to be over. Cunts.

Betfair paid out before the final whistle today!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 21:01:02 »

I don’t think they will.

Will be interesting to see how the legal wrangling pans out

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 21:04:37 »

Quote from: JBZ
I don’t think they will.

it would if the need for it to be resolved within weeks wasn't so pressing
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 21:14:03 »

it would if the need for it to be resolved within weeks wasn't so pressing

I assume it can be resolved if third parties didn't seek to prevent or delay the sale to our north American chums.

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 21:19:52 »

I hope they do at the moment.

no idea who they are, what backing they have or what their plans are.

just that they are Power endorsed and the beaches we know are into property development.

Assuming they exist, and aren't a stalking horse to be used in the road to administration
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 22:27:26 »

Fine. That's two defeats avoided

I did think that myself 😁
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 22:48:49 »

Not surprised we went down. Start of the season I really thought if we had kept the spine of last year with a couple of good signings we could have challenged for the POs, this league has been shite this year

Fear it will get even worse before it gets better, but as long as Power fucks off or gets banged up I’m not fussed

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 22:51:11 »

Lets hope it takes a year for new owners to come in, stabilise the club and stop the rot. Then, maybe mount a challenge in 2023/24.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #341 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 23:05:55 »

My hope is that we get a new owner, halt the slide next year and preserve our efl status
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 23:08:38 »

Think that will have to be the aim, certainly won’t be putting money on us coming straight back up

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 02:43:17 »

Betfair paid out before the final whistle today!
So did Bet365.

Considering the way we have gone down without even a whimper looking like we were barely trying at times wonder if someone will look to see if big cash was lumped on our demise.....
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 07:42:07 »

A swift return to L2 is soul destroying.
The 8th relegation in my Town following career.
Must be one or two on here who have the full set of 10.
The good times will come again, they always do.

We could see Doyle, Isgrove, Woolery, Mullin and Knoyle passing us in the other direction soon.
Not to mention the Cheltenham contingent as well.
Reg would have had words to say about them being higher up the food chain for the first time.

Main thing for me anyway is to be able to see the familiar faces again next season, both home and away.
If those that are taking the not a penny more approach are back in August as well, then that would be a very good thing for obvious reasons.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: