Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35460 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 07:53:36 »

Will be interesting to see how the legal wrangling pans out

That is the key to unlock us out from our misery or maybe lock us in for god only knows how long.

One thing is for sure, if we survive as a L2 club at the GC after Power has gone, unless we get new owner/s with confirmed financial clout willing to invest in both the purchase and development of the ground (with the trust) and the playing staff then we are going to be back to square one within a short number of seasons.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 08:02:12 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 08:19:00 »

Not surprised we went down. Start of the season I really thought if we had kept the spine of last year with a couple of good signings we could have challenged for the POs, this league has been shite this year

Fear it will get even worse before it gets better, but as long as Power fucks off or gets banged up I’m not fussed

This 100%. The last point can only dream.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 08:23:23 »

A swift return to L2 is soul destroying.
The 8th relegation in my Town following career.
Must be one or two on here who have the full set of 10.
The good times will come again, they always do.

We could see Doyle, Isgrove, Woolery, Mullin and Knoyle passing us in the other direction soon.
Not to mention the Cheltenham contingent as well.
Reg would have had words to say about them being higher up the food chain for the first time.

Main thing for me anyway is to be able to see the familiar faces again next season, both home and away.
If those that are taking the not a penny more approach are back in August as well, then that would be a very good thing for obvious reasons.
It's the 2nd time they've been above us as we swapped places at the end of the 05/06 season

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 08:41:21 »

Wells it's all  over! Thank fuck for that.

Like a loyal dog that you have to put to sleep but can't bring yourself to do it.

I saw us go down at Sheffield Wednesday...a proper old football club.....not that pile of shit that is Franchise...that pissed me off yesterday more than anything.

What a load of old shit that season was.

Painful.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 08:48:04 »

See you next season mate  Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 09:04:59 »

It's the 2nd time they've been above us as we swapped places at the end of the 05/06 season

At least we've always finished above them when in the same division.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 10:17:31 »

I assume it can be resolved if third parties didn't seek to prevent or delay the sale to our north American chums.
Apparently the judge hearing this case has ordered Power to open up the books to Axis to do due diligence and has stated that if a decision cannot be made between all the parties involved then he will be forced to make one for the good of the club and I think he said it should be sorted one way or another by May 22nd
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 10:36:06 »

I still don’t see how a judge can force Power to sell to a particular buyer. If he wants to sell to Able the only thing preventing it is the Standing situation. He will not be able to sell to anyone until the court decides who owns what of STFC.

If Power is willing to hang on a year until a court decides then the club will undoubtedly be placed in Admin as he sure as hell isn't going to fund it next season when he couldn’t be arsed to this season.

It’s the ownership that needs sorting quickly and that can only be done with the agreement of all concerned parties.

At least Clem has published a statement of intent if he buys the club. We have yet to hear one word from the elusive Yanks.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 10:48:26 »

That is the key to unlock us out from our misery or maybe lock us in for god only knows how long.

One thing is for sure, if we survive as a L2 club at the GC after Power has gone, unless we get new owner/s with confirmed financial clout willing to invest in both the purchase and development of the ground (with the trust) and the playing staff then we are going to be back to square one within a short number of seasons.

Give me 10 years or so when Bitcoin is worth a few more quid..

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 13:30:11 »

Very difficult to say that this team is the worst in history.
It really isn't, they already have recorded the most defeats in a single league season of any side in our history. And the season isn't over yet.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/StatAttack/TeamMostAndLeast.asp?Type=Defeats&Order=DESC&Ratio=No&Club=&Venue=
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 13:32:11 »

Will be interesting to see how the legal wrangling pans out
Not sure "interesting" is quite the word. Vastly depressing might be a better fit
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 13:56:33 »

Not sure "interesting" is quite the word. Vastly depressing might be a better fit

Ok, interesting from my perspective.

Nothing to see here
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 14:25:33 »

Not sure where to put this but this guy has put together a decent thread on our history and current situation https://twitter.com/shaunjlawson/status/1386002773490257923?s=21
That's a very knowledgeable rundown.  Thanks for posting. 

Must be a Canaries fan with connections.  I recall some great tussles with Norwich when they had the likes of Bryan Gunn GK, Ruel Fox W and Robert Fleck CF.  Fleck was an awkward, charismatic bugger that used to manage to stay just the other side of c***ishness from the odious w***er John McGinlay.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 15:27:02 »

I still don’t see how a judge can force Power to sell to a particular buyer.

Of course the judge can force him to sell.  If he decides that Power is not acting in the best interest of the club's creditors and stakeholders, which he already appears to have done, then he will order him to do so.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #359 on: Sunday, April 25, 2021, 15:28:36 »

Of course the judge can force him to sell.  If he decides that Power is not acting in the best interest of the club's creditors and stakeholders, which he already appears to have done, then he will order him to do so.
but can he decide which buyer
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: