Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35463 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:25:20 »

It appears obvious now that Power wanted relegation - and it’s not a conspiracy theory.

He is desperate to put the club into Admin and offload the club for £1. He’d get more back this way then actually selling the club for a few million.

He wanted relegation to try and guarantee there would be no buyer willing to buy the club - even better with a points deduction possible.

He’s come a cropper with Clem willing to be that improbable buyer and all the financial shenanigans coming out.

I hope the cunt gets rinsed.

Agree this was his plan all along. He should never have been allowed near a football club after what he did at Rushden & Diamonds and Cambridge
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:26:31 »

Baudry:
- Injured since December.
- Tried to come back but it didnt go how I wanted
- Injury is fine, but manager decided to take me off
- So now trying to get ready for next year
- Not an easy team to play. They are very good and know what they are doing. Pulling us out of position
- It hurts. The whole season hurts. Its not just one reason. there are a lot of changes that need t o be made.
- Hard to take after last season. Need to regroup and come back stronger
- Main problems? Its not 1 or 2 players fault. Its come from t he top of the club to the bottom. Mistakes on and off the pitch. Need to reflect, regroup and be better next year
- Haven't built on last year's promotion. A lot of different factors that got us here.
- I personally haven't been good enough for different reasons. I need to work and get better for next year. I'm getting older and dont want to finish like that.
- Chairman, Paul Jewell? Do they need to look at themselves? Exactly. As players we haven't been good enough. Some may lie to themselves. But coaches managers and all the way to the top need to look at themselves
- Can't blame people for work ethic. We have just come up short. MK have made lots of teams look bad. When you concede early against a team like that.
- Baudry has another year. Doesn't want to finish like this. Wants to be better next year. Got to stay fitter.
- Whatever happens at the club, it will probably be my last opportunity.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:26:32 »

Ha ha. Proper trolling sending Baudry out to face the press. Baudry. 

Interview lasted longer than his game did.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:29:20 »

7-1 at Forest was pretty bad.

I remember that game. When Trevors scored a fluke to make it 6-1, we all turned around to the Forest fans and started signing 'You're not signing anymore!' at them - I don't think I've ever seen a set of fans more confused in my life. The following week was Yeovil away 

I think this season has been worse?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:30:47 »

Hartely part 4:
- Need to focus on who might be with us next year
- No point picking old pros who wont be here
- Cant go for whole youth team, but if any are pushing for first team, we should give them a go.
- Barrow, Harrogate are new grounds next year.
- Could be another trip to Hartlepool

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:31:21 »

I remember that game. When Trevors scored a fluke to make it 6-1, we all turned around to the Forest fans and started signing 'You're not signing anymore!' at them - I don't think I've ever seen a set of fans more confused in my life. The following week was Yeovil away 

I think this season has been worse?

This one has definitely been worse.

That 05/06 season we were poor. We kept fighting but just weren’t good enough. Felt sorry for Iffy, he gave it his best shot. This season we haven’t fought at all.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:32:38 »

Camp 5
-   Made an awesome save in the second half. Had no defence in front of him. Was slow getting to one goal, but not as slow as Baudry and A Grant.

Thompson 1
-   Was he trying? Bloody awful. Don’t come back.

Grant 2
-   Poor game. Very slow and just stood there watching MK strikers score for at least 3

Baudry 2
-   Seemed to be limping, but was miles off the pace and pulled out of position all of the time. Gave away t he penalty for handball.

Grounds 1
-   Didn’t mark anyone all game!

Garrick 1
-   Kept dribbling into touch in our half in the first half. He attacked one time in the first half and put over a great cross that Smith blazed over. Skinned all the time in the second half. But had no one helping him. Also, he was playing out of position!

Payne 2
-   One superb run in the first. But didn’t influence the game

Palmer 2
-   Weak. Beaten to everything.

Twine 3
-   Tried and made a couple of great turns and passes in the first half. But part of a lightweight midfield

Pitman 2
-   Didn’t get into the game. Defended corners well!

Smith 3
-   Ran about a lot. Unlucky to be called offside once but fluffed it anyway. Blazed over our best chance. Didn’t do much else.

Subs:
Broadbent 3
-   Was always trying to recover his position. Looks blood and guts, but its because hes never in position

J Grant 1
-   Didn’t get in the game

H Hope 2
-   Blazed over from miles out. Don’t think he did much else.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:32:41 »

Understand emotions are running high but not sure it's wise to speculate on what Power 'definitely' wanted at this stage in such lurid terms on a public forum. Wouldn't be the first owner to end up suing fans. Let's just settle for it being past time for him to leave the club for good.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:33:33 »

This one has definitely been worse.

That 05/06 season we were poor. We kept fighting but just weren’t good enough. Felt sorry for Iffy, he gave it his best shot. This season we haven’t fought at all.

Agree about 05/06, that was a bad squad mostly trying their best. 2010/11 is the comparison for this one.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:36:57 »

Understand emotions are running high but not sure it's wise to speculate on what Power 'definitely' wanted at this stage in such lurid terms on a public forum. Wouldn't be the first owner to end up suing fans. Let's just settle for it being past time for him to leave the club for good.
Hardly suing material. If he wanted to get the club relegated for his own personal gain that was up to him. Nothing illegal about doing it.

But I hope there’s a special kind of hell for a special kind of cunt.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:44:22 »

Hawes:
- It was terrible in terms of a performance
- No grip at all on the ball in the first 20 minutes
- Third was a scrappy and soft goal
- Appeared they couldn't wait to get off and get home
- Large gap between every league these days. Those who kept squads together from promotion have struggled. Northants and us in same position and had problems
- We now seem to be a pinboard team between L1 and L2
- Nothing has come from the illusions/fantasy of last year. We thought it would get the club back on its feet.
- Lee Power legacy is a training ground at most!
- Seems to get in a manager and bunch of players and hope then get in another bunch. There is more to running a club than that
- Baudry is a good player when fit. He's not getting any younger. Can he do a job in L2? Maybe. But need to get on top of injury problems. A talented but fragile player
- Wholesale changes, which happens a lot at this level as teams cant afford more than a 1 or 2 year contract
- Don't know what type of manager we are likely to get.
- Covid has hit a bit, but no idea what the plan has been
- Genuinely looking forward to going to Barrow and hoping that fans will be back. But its a long drive! Not a lot else whetting the appetite, although Exeter is always good
- Do you want to go to Ipswich or a Colchester. Reality is that it will be Colchester!

Crackity Jones

« Reply #296 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:46:33 »

I wonder what sage words we will hear from our chairman, owner and custodian of our club as he publicly reflects on what went wrong in our relegation  Hmmm
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:49:14 »

Is there a thread of the players and their contracts anywhere? It would be good/hilarious to see what we have to look forward to seeing in a red shirt next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #298 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:49:57 »

Is there a thread of the players and their contracts anywhere? It would be good/hilarious to see what we have to look forward to seeing in a red shirt next season.
Curran and Iandolo, that is all Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:50:36 »

Curran and Iandolo, that is all Smiley

Baudry has another year.  Beers

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: