Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheridan has resigned  (Read 13285 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 11:59:44 »

It doesn't make a jot of difference who manages us now. Anyone and no-one will have the same impact on how this season ends. Fuck it, let Tommy own this relegation.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 12:04:33 »

if power is going...IF... may as well have a caretaker until it's sorted
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 12:48:39 »

I don't think anyone expected an actual appointment but TW is an opportunity missed, even if it is only for the last 4 games.  There were other internal options that I think we'd all have preferred.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 12:49:08 »

Did we honestly expect anything other than Wright? Minimum effort made to replace the jurassic one, even from within.

Well yeah.

I expected Wright to fuck off with Sheridan
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 12:52:26 »

Didn't Wright say a while ago that his family are settled in the area

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 12:56:42 »

I thought they were joined at the hip when it came to jobs.

Wright will have to go it alone now. Surely that complete tosser won’t get another job.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 12:59:46 »

Maybe Oldham one more time😀

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 13:11:24 »

I thought they were joined at the hip when it came to jobs.

Wright will have to go it alone now. Surely that complete tosser won’t get another job.

Wright was Wellens' man, no? I know he's worked with Sheridan before but they're not a package deal.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 14:05:10 »

Wright is just Sheridan in disguise, so not much will change for the last 4.  No point in appointing a new management team because until the ownership issues are resolved, STFC effectively does not exist.  No squad for next season, no ST's, no fans - no hope.

The only way we get hope is with new ownership - simples.  The club is on the precipice.  STFC is playing out the final scenes of The Italian Job and Self Preservation Society has just fired up..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 19:06:59 »

This 100% means a new manager bounce and a 4 game winning streak to keep us up.

Nailed on.

FACT!
Will 4 wins keep us up?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 19:23:55 »

Will 4 wins keep us up?
Irrelevant, because it won't happen.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 06:51:35 »

From the Irish Independent:

"John Sheridan a ‘dark horse’ in race to take reins at chaotic Dundalk

Former Ireland midfielder John Sheridan could emerge as a ‘dark horse’ for the vacant Dundalk manager’s job in the wake of his weekend resignation from Swindon Town.

Despite the fact that Sheridan was Dundalk’s nemesis after a public spat with the then Oriel Park boss Vinny Perth last year, and that Sheridan has now left three managerial posts in the space of nine months  [  Eek  ] , the chaos behind the scenes means that nothing can be ruled out.

Linfield boss David Healy is one of the names being touted but, with the Irish League title all but wrapped up, the former Northern Ireland striker is said to be unwilling to leave the Belfast outfit.

At a meeting with the players yesterday, Italian Filippo Giovagnoli, who was last season appointed as first team boss – officially “head coach” – but was then listed as “coach” by the club at the start of this season, confirmed that he was quitting with immediate effect."

He can certainly offer recent experience in managing "chaotic" clubs, whether that is good experience or not....
« Last Edit: Monday, April 19, 2021, 07:06:50 by RedRag » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 07:06:23 »

Back to the 'pub league' eh?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 09:00:43 »

Back to the 'pub league' eh?
TBH its far higher than his ability warrants and deserves.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 09:03:34 »

The one way that Sheridan could have taken a miniscule semblance of credibility out of his catastrophic managerial effort at STFC was to resign and give someone else a chance when we had it, i.e about 6 games ago. Yet he was too pig-headed and he probably thought he could beat Rovers, Rochdale and Wimbledon and propel us to staying up. Now when he realises we are beyond repair, he's walked away before he's had to take the actual official relegation on the chin.

Whilst it has to be said, he has had the unbearable loss of both his parents in quick succession and perhaps actually having to face up to being the man to take us down was too big a burden to face but the sad truth is that he was clearly not up to it and anyone could see that. Everything about it was all wrong, consistently.

It will be interesting to see what Wright and Peacock do for the remaining 4 games. The players are playing for their next contracts at new clubs now, shop window time!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: