Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheridan has resigned  (Read 13181 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:08:58 »

Suitable candidates for next season?
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:12:13 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:12:29 »

My concern is i don't see how any positive appointment can be made with Powers situation at the moment. I suspect the next manager will be dog shit as well, until Power is out and then perhaps someone will see opportunity with joining the club.

Not sure who would take the job currently in truth.

In an ideal world you want someone to come in, make some quick assessments of players and start recruiting for next season. I just dont see how that can happen at the moment given finances etc.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:13:09 »

Impossible to say who until we establish who owns us and what the budget is, but it needs to be someone who can connect with the fanbase and wider community, not just a jobbing manager doing a job. That doesn't have to be an ex player, Wellens managed this bit brilliantly. But that said, I'd rather see us fail under Peacock or Bodin or Mildenhall than under the next lower league regular off the merry go round.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:14:01 »

My concern is i don't see how any positive appointment can be made with Powers situation at the moment. I suspect the next manager will be dog shit as well, until Power is out and then perhaps someone will see opportunity with joining the club.

Not sure who would take the job currently in truth.

In an ideal world you want someone to come in, make some quick assessments of players and start recruiting for next season. I just dont see how that can happen at the moment given finances etc.

The manager for the rest of the season will be an internal appointment......

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:14:37 »

Its going to be Tommy Wrights sunglasses isnt it
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:14:49 »

The manager for the rest of the season will be an internal appointment......
Is there anyone left?

Sent from my SM-A125F
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:15:27 »

Of course. Wright should fuck off as well though, so that doesnt leave many, just Lee Peacock?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:16:12 »

Seems strange quitting now, especially as Power was never gonna sack him. Maybe things are going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about yet. Let’s hope he’s been paid off and new owners are announced this coming week. I can but dream.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:18:21 »

He’s only resigned before relegation is confirmed so it isnt on his CV. Gutless.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:18:40 »

Like I said, give Lee Peacock a chance.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:24:16 »

What an unmitigated disaster ended with the shit slinking off. I hope u never work in football again u wanker.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:28:23 »

Should have gone after Gillingham rather than hang around. Long overdue.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:30:16 »

Seems strange quitting now, especially as Power was never gonna sack him. Maybe things are going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about yet. Let’s hope he’s been paid off and new owners are announced this coming week. I can but dream.
He was only ever here treading water and stealing a living, as noted in other thread I wonder whether he has heard that April's pay check may not arrive anyway, plus as noted he doesn't have an embarrassing relegation on his cv (to the lazy eye at least).

Sent from my SM-A125F
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 20:03:30 »

He’s only resigned before relegation is confirmed so it isnt on his CV. Gutless.

Not sure that really matters.  Difficult to see Iguanodon John getting another job in football.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 20:07:08 »

Not sure that really matters.  Difficult to see Iguanodon John getting another job in football.

There will be one clueless chairman who will give him a job. People like him, Phil Brown etc keep getting jobs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: