Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84850 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 09:40:25 »

Both myself and Mrs Orange loved Lincoln, what a great city. Both of the restaurants were class. Ole Ole was a bit shambolic, we got there at 8 for our booking and had to wait until 8:30 to be seated but the food was good. The Indian on Friday night was rammed but the food was bloody good. We also stumbled across the Cheese Society on the Saturday which was tremendous, I think it was Batch that recommended and it definitely didn't disappoint. Later in the evening we stumbled into the Victoria that had Traditional Irish music so the wife was happy!

The place reminded me of York with the old cobbled streets, buildings and Cathedral. We bought this detective thing which we did yesterday which was good craic, and pretty challenging! We definitely want to go back, we never explored much of the Castle which I think was a mistake. I'd highly recommend for those looking for somewhere friendly to go for a City break.

Glad you had a good time, Was it a Treasure Trail you did? There are some tricky ones on there definitely. We usually buy a Treasure Trail when visiting a new area as it takes you to parts of a city or town that you might not otherwise see.
Sounds as if you fitted a lot in on your visit.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 09:44:32 by Nick Bamosomi » Logged

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 09:55:36 »

For those travelling abroad, just my two-penneth on my recent flight to Turkey. We flew from Luton and didn't encounter a single problem, check in was a breeze (had to show our Covid vaccination papers) security was easy etc. We had to wear masks on the flight, which for 3.5 hours meant my ear hurt but a minor inconvenience. Mask wearing in Turkey itself isn't mandatory, more people wear them than don't. The temperature is starting to heat up a bit, was 18 for a couple of days but is getting up to 26 by the weekend so might have to get my legs out and into the sea.

For anyone travelling to Turkey soon, it's the holiday 'Bay ram' which is an 8 day public holiday starting from May 2nd and all the Turks flock to the holiday destinations, some places don't serve alcohol (I think, not completely sure how accurate that is) etc. So just be wary the beaches may be much busier than usual and full of chain smoking hairy beasts!!
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 10:16:08 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Thursday, April 21, 2022, 09:56:54 »

Glad you had a good time, Was it a Treasure Trail you did? There are some tricky ones on there definitely. We usually buy a Treasure Trail when visiting a new area as it takes you to parts of a city or town that you might not otherwise see.
Sounds as if you fitted a lot in on your visit.

Oops missed this, yeah it was something we downloaded, cost £10 and was excellent value for money. As you say it gives a great chance to see historic parts of the city we wouldn't have ordinarily.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 06:44:40 »

We’re in Barcelona at the moment, the flight process was really easy, had to get a Spanish travel form before flying, but just scanned at the airport & all good.

The rules on masks have just changed, only mandatory on the transportation system & in hospitals, albeit quite a lot of people still wearing them out of choice.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 07:25:20 »

lovely place Barcelona
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 11:40:44 »

Just had a quote for a two centre stop in Cuba for next Feb. Not two bad but the hotel star rating needs upgrading from 3* to 5*, can’t be that much more hopefully.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #396 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 14:52:17 »

Feel free to send over the quote, i can also have a look for you, unless it's from a travel agent friend of course then sorry
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 15:58:43 »

lovely place Barcelona

It is indeed.

Found a lovely little back street bar/restaurant that does very strong & properly lush sangria 😄
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 16:24:40 »

Got robbed twice in Barcelona for that reason I hate the place.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 16:36:14 »

Found a lovely little back street bar/restaurant that does very strong & properly lush sangria 😄
a jug of sangria outside in the sun watching the world pass you by... perfect

Quote from: Saxondale
Got robbed twice in Barcelona for that reason I hate the place.

yeah, I can see that might put you off. Basquerds
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 17:33:09 »

Feel free to send over the quote, i can also have a look for you, unless it's from a travel agent friend of course then sorry

Well it is from a travel agent. Friend, no.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Friday, April 22, 2022, 17:34:18 »

Sent you a pm.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 16:35:17 »

Sent you a pm.

While I’m at it. Anyone into fencing (not swords) wooden, maybe with concrete posts or know someone who is and would work Labour only?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #403 on: Sunday, April 24, 2022, 17:54:13 »

While I’m at it. Anyone into fencing (not swords) wooden, maybe with concrete posts or know someone who is and would work Labour only?

T Marshall Services - 07572 378049
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 09:57:44 »

Going to Porto next month, for those that have been, is the Douro Valley worth making the effort? Both the wife and I love wine and port so definitely something we would like to do if possible but as we're only there 4 nights just trying to ascertain if it's worth doing.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: