Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84766 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 16:32:26 »

Have you heard of lemon puffs?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 16:43:40 »

I have literally never heard of Lincoln biscuits!! Every day is a school day. 

They've been around since the 80's to my knowledge😀

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 16:44:47 »

Mmmm yes used to love them years ago and not sure where we used to buy them. M&S maybe

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 16:53:12 »

Nope!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 17:04:45 »

Buiscuits that taste of lemon are just wrong, make all of the other biscuits in the barrel taste of lemon

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 17:53:20 »

Don't put them in a barrel😀

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 19:51:41 »

Don't put them in a barrel😀
Just in ma belly!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 19:59:23 »

Just in ma belly!

Exactly Pint

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, March 10, 2022, 22:03:58 »

They've been around since the 80's to my knowledge😀

Before that.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, April 4, 2022, 10:48:19 »

I see that Lincoln Red has already listed some of the suggestions I have, but I guess two recommendations must be  even better.

Things to see - Lincoln Cathedral, Lincoln Castle - the grounds are free to walk around but timed tickets allow you to see the old prison, the medieval wall walk which has great views on a clear day and the Magna Carta.
If you like museums the Collection or the Museum of Lincolnshire Life.
Just out of town is the Bomber Command memorial and visitor centre.
It's worth walking down Steep Hill and going to the Marina (if the weather is good Royal William IV is a good pub for sitting outside and relaxing by the Brayford. Also as CS said, you can take a boat trip here.

Uphill Pubs - Duke William, The Strugglers - where people used to congregate to watch the hangings at the Castle. Down the bottom of Steep Hill are two bars - the Cardinal's Hat and the Strait and Narrow which are pretty popular.

Uphill Eateries -

Mexican - Tequilas (Bailgate) - reasonably priced
Indian - Castle View
Thai - Thailand No 1
Spanish - Ole Ole Tapas
Slightly pricier option is the Old Bakery, but you'd need to book.
Actually you'd probably need to book at any of these.

If you venture downhill to eat, there are most of the usual chains down there, many of them right next to the Brayford, but you'll know what to expect there anyway.

If I think of anything else later, I'll post again. Any questions, I'm happy to answer if I can.

Booked the Castle View for the Friday night and Ole Ole for Saturday night. I'd love to try and sneak a pie in at Brown's Pie Shop, that might have to be on the Sunday before the drive home!!

Booked our flights to Turkey, 2 weeks in the sun from Easter weekend, can't wait!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 17:04:54 »

I suspect a number of you have been to Cuba. On a potential list of destinations for early ‘23 with some friends. Recommendations and places to avoid?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 17:33:37 »

Booked our flights to Turkey, 2 weeks in the sun from Easter weekend, can't wait!

You've got a place out there haven't you? We're flying out to Antalya on Friday, so long as a) eldest sprog gets a negative LFT on Thursday and b) easyJet don't cancel the flight.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 17:35:37 »

I suspect a number of you have been to Cuba. On a potential list of destinations for early ‘23 with some friends. Recommendations and places to avoid?
14 years since I went so no recent knowledge, but we stayed at a place called Playa Pesquero in Holguin which was pretty good. We didn't manage a trip to Havana whilst we were there which we kind of regret now, I'd love to go back someday.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 18:02:15 »

14 years since I went so no recent knowledge, but we stayed at a place called Playa Pesquero in Holguin which was pretty good. We didn't manage a trip to Havana whilst we were there which we kind of regret now, I'd love to go back someday.

Yeah think I can understand that sentiment. My TA suggested a two centre holiday of which part would be in or around Havana. We are open to other destinations except Thailand or that part of the world on this occasion due in part the flight time. So we’ll see what she comes up though I am rather keen on Cuba as it’s been on my radar for a number of years.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 18:15:07 »

You've got a place out there haven't you? We're flying out to Antalya on Friday, so long as a) eldest sprog gets a negative LFT on Thursday and b) easyJet don't cancel the flight.

Yeah in Kusadasi. Probably going to try and flog it sooner rather than later. Maintenance and other bills have gone through the roof.

What's the Covid rules for Turkey now? Do you still require to prove negative tests etc? I was under the impression from a Turkish friend who flew out there last week that Covid tests etc were no longer required.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: