Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84798 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 18:51:43 »

Yeah think I can understand that sentiment. My TA suggested a two centre holiday of which part would be in or around Havana. We are open to other destinations except Thailand or that part of the world on this occasion due in part the flight time. So we’ll see what she comes up though I am rather keen on Cuba as it’s been on my radar for a number of years.
I recently booked a twin centre for Cuba & Jamaica. The Cuba element was a packed itinerary , just quoted Andy T from here a cuba trip too.

Itinerary

Day 1: Havana
Day 2: Soroa / Vinales
Day 3: Vinales
Day 4: Bay of Pigs / Cienfuegos
Day 5: Trinidad
Day 6: Trinidad
Day 7: Santa Clara / Havana
Day 8: Havana
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, April 5, 2022, 20:44:13 »

Booked the Castle View for the Friday night and Ole Ole for Saturday night. I'd love to try and sneak a pie in at Brown's Pie Shop, that might have to be on the Sunday before the drive home!!

Booked our flights to Turkey, 2 weeks in the sun from Easter weekend, can't wait!

Well done, hope you have a good weekend.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 05:11:38 »

I recently booked a twin centre for Cuba & Jamaica. The Cuba element was a packed itinerary , just quoted Andy T from here a cuba trip too.

Itinerary

Day 1: Havana
Day 2: Soroa / Vinales
Day 3: Vinales
Day 4: Bay of Pigs / Cienfuegos
Day 5: Trinidad
Day 6: Trinidad
Day 7: Santa Clara / Havana
Day 8: Havana

Was this recently? If so who did you use as a TA? We’re looking at two weeks. The other destination that seems to be gaining traction is Mexico.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 05:57:58 »

Fucked if I’d step foot in Mexico.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 06:52:36 »

Was this recently? If so who did you use as a TA? We’re looking at two weeks. The other destination that seems to be gaining traction is Mexico.
Mexico too is a great option, i am a travel agent myself so put it together myself. Drop me a message if you want me to look at something for You
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 08:22:58 »

Cheers NB.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 08:24:47 »

I've been to Puerta Vallarta and Mexico City. Puerta Vallarta was more of a 'party' place so probably not necessarily what you are looking for. Mexico City was worth a visit if you like City breaks. I guess Cancun is the popular place to go in Mexico. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 11:58:45 »

What's the Covid rules for Turkey now? Do you still require to prove negative tests etc? I was under the impression from a Turkish friend who flew out there last week that Covid tests etc were no longer required.

If you're double jabbed there are no entry requirements, and nothing for kids under 12. However, my 12 year old has only had the first dose so we have to get an LFT done.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 12:51:30 »

If you're double jabbed there are no entry requirements, and nothing for kids under 12. However, my 12 year old has only had the first dose so we have to get an LFT done.

Ah fair enough. Thanks for the info. Also handy now that Turkey have done away with the VISA entry which was a (very) minor inconvenience.

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 15:09:43 »

I've been to Puerta Vallarta and Mexico City. Puerta Vallarta was more of a 'party' place so probably not necessarily what you are looking for. Mexico City was worth a visit if you like City breaks. I guess Cancun is the popular place to go in Mexico. 

Seems to be. Not sure if it is my age and something that happens but my days of lying in the sun and basting myself from sun up until sun down seem to be long gone. Need to do something meaningful with my time. Hence why the all inclusive does not appeal to me. I know the AI places in the Caribbean area more upmarket that most in the med but even so my interpretation of them is not much more above a pig pen for alcoholic lard arses with unruly kids.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 16:43:23 »

Seems to be. Not sure if it is my age and something that happens but my days of lying in the sun and basting myself from sun up until sun down seem to be long gone. Need to do something meaningful with my time. Hence why the all inclusive does not appeal to me. I know the AI places in the Caribbean area more upmarket that most in the med but even so my interpretation of them is not much more above a pig pen for alcoholic lard arses with unruly kids.

Yeah I am the same as you. I think for parents with kids AI is absolutely perfect (my sister always goes AI with her 3) but for me I couldn't think of much worse. We did St Lucia AI for our honeymoon but that was the only time and after the stress of the wedding wanted to do as little as possible then!

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 18:06:36 »

Yeah I am the same as you. I think for parents with kids AI is absolutely perfect (my sister always goes AI with her 3) but for me I couldn't think of much worse. We did St Lucia AI for our honeymoon but that was the only time and after the stress of the wedding wanted to do as little as possible then!

I’m slightly worried that you may have been a bit too relaxed with Mrs Orange…
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 09:33:02 »

Both myself and Mrs Orange loved Lincoln, what a great city. Both of the restaurants were class. Ole Ole was a bit shambolic, we got there at 8 for our booking and had to wait until 8:30 to be seated but the food was good. The Indian on Friday night was rammed but the food was bloody good. We also stumbled across the Cheese Society on the Saturday which was tremendous, I think it was Batch that recommended and it definitely didn't disappoint. Later in the evening we stumbled into the Victoria that had Traditional Irish music so the wife was happy!

The place reminded me of York with the old cobbled streets, buildings and Cathedral. We bought this detective thing which we did yesterday which was good craic, and pretty challenging! We definitely want to go back, we never explored much of the Castle which I think was a mistake. I'd highly recommend for those looking for somewhere friendly to go for a City break.

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, April 11, 2022, 22:32:58 »

Fucked if I’d step foot in Mexico.

Mexico weeps at your loss
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 07:52:31 »

Mexico weeps at your loss
Why would you ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: