Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It’s now or never  (Read 18409 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 23:28:52 »

Ditto. TBF I doubt I’ll bother for the rest of the season, it’s not as if my screaming and shouting can be heard at the theatre of despair. As for next season, well that depends.
The trouble is that after a few shit games we say this,   we then get a couple of results (deserved or not),  possible light at the end of the tunnel and we just can't stay away !!!!.  It's the hope that kills us !!.   We've thrown away our 'free hits' and now can't even win the games we were predicting as 'wins',  yet a couple of results and everything looks rosey again, next couple of games will be good pointers but I think  we've already thrown our last dice with this pair of pricks,  as said, I won't be contributing to Powers pockets.   It's all in the life of a Swindon fan, we all know we will be back once the gates reopen, no matter what division we are in, hopefully with new management/owners.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 06:30:13 »

The thing that worries me most about this week, other than the absolutely awful performance against Oxford and the embarrassing interview from Wright plus the ridiculous press release about the Adver, is the fact that Rovers dispatched Accrington with apparent ease. We made them look like Brazil at our place and a difficult side to beat at theirs. Rovers ripped their defence apart and kept shooting at their dodgy keeper - and won 4-1.

Our league of 8 has reduced to a league of 7 with Shrews having escaped. Burton seem to have done the same making it 6. If Rovers can win a game 4-1, and have games in hand, does that mean we are down to a league of 5?

As for the title of the thread - I think we all know its going to be 'never'.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 07:02:36 »

It’s definitely not ‘never’. It’s just ‘when’ and whether that will be too late. Not for this season but the next.

No matter how shitty it is the moment, we need to cling on to the realisation that it won’t be forever.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 07:47:17 »

Same here. Would rather attend to my wife and keep her sweet for next season (if there is one).

ust be the oldest
Flashheart

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 07:55:44 »

It’s definitely not ‘never’. It’s just ‘when’ and whether that will be too late. Not for this season but the next.

You wrote the title, you plum Wink

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 08:07:41 »

That ‘never’ was about this season. ‘Never’ isn’t an option per se.

I’ve just made some lemon curd!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 09:33:54 »

The thing that worries me most about this week, other than the absolutely awful performance against Oxford and the embarrassing interview from Wright plus the ridiculous press release about the Adver, is the fact that Rovers dispatched Accrington with apparent ease. We made them look like Brazil at our place and a difficult side to beat at theirs. Rovers ripped their defence apart and kept shooting at their dodgy keeper - and won 4-1.

Our league of 8 has reduced to a league of 7 with Shrews having escaped. Burton seem to have done the same making it 6. If Rovers can win a game 4-1, and have games in hand, does that mean we are down to a league of 5?

As for the title of the thread - I think we all know its going to be 'never'.

I know its not a guaranteed way of doing it but lets look at the evidence;

Shrewsbury sacked their manager bringing in a proven manager at this level and are now comfortably away from the relegation zone.
Burton Albion changed their manager bringing in a proven manager at this level and have gone on a record run and are pulling away from the relegation zone.
Northampton sacked their manager and promoted internally to the end of the season. Their results are mixed but have definitely shown signs of improvement on the field giving them a chance of pulling away from the relegation zone.
Bristol Rovers sacked their manager bringing in a proven manager at this level and whilst its early days, look to have a bit of a bounce and have a chance of pulling away from the relegtion zone.

We on the other hand, have just stuck with the same sour old lemon, playing miserable anti-posession hopeful football that is so far from working its painful. Literally our ONLY chance of getting something out of this season and staying in this division is to get rid of Sheridan and Wright and, because i'm well aware of money being tight, get someone internally to take charge, put joint managers in charge - see Bradford City for how well that is going for them currently - just put SOMEONE ELSE in charge, tell the players to get the ball on the ground, press the opponents, play the game positively. Its got to be better that we give it a go and lose games 3-2 than surrendering meekly setting up not to lose and conceding a goal within the first 5 minutes and remain with the mindset of not to lose. Its painful we're being dragged through the mire in this way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 09:57:49 »

Facing one of my biggest decisions supporting Swindon.
Contemplating not renewing 3 season tickets for the first time ever as don’t want line Power’s pockets.
Equally not supporting 2 corporate games.
Who is this hurting though?
The Club, my kids who incidentally will go back at whatever level we find our club in.
The last 2 weeks have simply made me angry. We know the club will not die but it’s in what form that is a concern.
I didn’t want to go back to League Two so quickly but a formality and then the National League a possibility.

However the crumb of comfort is that there could be an alternative on the horizon. Scrap due diligence absolute desperate just to have some hope back because right now like most I am on empty.
Can’t even voice my anger towards these two dinosaurs.
The lows make the highs even greater right?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:11:44 »

Is there actually an alternative close to taking over though?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:13:28 »

The lows make the highs even greater right?
Its the hope that kills you.

Fingers crossed that any deal can be struck asap with Power well before its too late.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:14:37 »

Its the hope that kills you.

Fingers crossed that any deal can be struck asap with Power well before its too late.

Is there anyone talking the talk?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:17:29 »

Is there anyone talking the talk?
I have heard rumours that we have a few interested parties, but at what state of proceedings they are at is anyones guess.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:21:07 »

I have heard rumours that we have a few interested parties, but at what state of proceedings they are at is anyones guess.

If it’s anyone Power Knows that could be like having the Sword of Damocles hanging over the place.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:47:34 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:22:40 »

If it’s anyone Power Knowsthat could be like having the Sword of Damocles hanging over the place.
Always the risk when any club gets new owners though really, whether Power knows them or not, but I do fully understand what you mean.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, March 11, 2021, 10:27:04 »

I keep thinking of cornettos everytime I look at this thread.

And with that, the sun has come out!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: