Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It’s now or never  (Read 18413 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:28:41 »

Isn't Paul Jewell the connection between Power and Sheridan. Jewell was helping Wellens at Oldham around the time of one of Sheridan's spells there.

I suspect Jewell recommended Sheridan for the Waterford job and he took that probably on the proviso that Sheridan could jump back into the EFL like when the Wigan job came up.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:41:28 »

Jewell also has a lot to answer for he is supposed to be DoF but hides away and never speaks to the press or puts his head above the parapet.

Anyone know how long Wright & Mildenhall have left on contracts ?

When we are relegated Sheridan will go, he will be asked his opinion on contracts who stays and who goes, due diligence will be completed for a new manager inviting applications, this will take time, thus saving more money close season.

New manager appointed and he needs to take time looking at existing squad to work out what is required, there will be no pre-season organised so will play local non league sides mostly.

Other L2 teams will have jump on us with new players

New manager will be appointed, will be given a lower L2 budget we will struggle to attract decent players

Scot Twine will be sold with no money going to manager, Power will need it for his court case
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:56:33 »

I feel sorry for Mildy. Had a nice hands on job was learning and doing well and now resigned to being slumped in the corner listening to those 2 old cunts
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 13:50:10 »

Interesting article about Barnsley. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/6ffa57a8-8190-11eb-8dc5-6a6f238d9d27?shareToken=5fb2e76d4d518a809351b4d1ae65eea0

Oh to be a club with a plan. Though Barnsley once a passing team like us have adapted to a different way of playing with younger players to get results.

I always feel like too many teams try to do the same thing.

Makes the way Sheridan has us playing look just ridiculous as well. Why do more teams with lower budgets not adjust to play this way? To think how good our press under Wellens was to this shit we have now. So sad.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 16:46:49 »

Interesting article about Barnsley. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/6ffa57a8-8190-11eb-8dc5-6a6f238d9d27?shareToken=5fb2e76d4d518a809351b4d1ae65eea0

Oh to be a club with a plan. Though Barnsley once a passing team like us have adapted to a different way of playing with younger players to get results.

I always feel like too many teams try to do the same thing.

Makes the way Sheridan has us playing look just ridiculous as well. Why do more teams with lower budgets not adjust to play this way? To think how good our press under Wellens was to this shit we have now. So sad.

Barnsley are playing some suoerb football and are the form team in the championship and we're also unlucky getting beat by Chelsea in the FA Cup

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 17:18:31 »

Am I misremembering or was there a similar Adver ban a few years ago? And if so was it Mcrawwwry or Power?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 17:19:28 »

Fitton time wasnt it? Didnt they use Subbuteo for the match reports
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 17:21:15 »

That was very early Power right? Hence Morshead's ongoing (and I suspect not unfair) emnity.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 17:38:59 »

no, Southampton were the ones that banned photographers, which led to subbuteo

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/swindon-advertiser-uses-subbuteo-to-beat-southampton-pics-ban/
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 18:14:26 »

Just listened to Jonny Leighfield’s clip on the Adver site with Sheridan after Accrington. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19149731.swindon-advertiser-banned-asking-questions-swindon-town-press-conferences/

Fair play to Leighfield. Sheridan - what a dick. A prize dick.

His lack of care and professionalism almost match his lack of ability. I also feel for all of those at the club who worked tirelessly last year to create the buzz on and off the pitch, watching the house they built being burned down. Danny Lee, the social media lot, etc. It’s really a sad tale. What’s happening on the pitch (if you can still call it that) is the product of an abysmally managed business desperately in need of TLC.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 18:18:49 by Frigby Daser » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 19:02:51 »

Just been listening to the Tommy wright interview last night - just because Broadbent is 6 foot 5, doesn’t mean that he is strong mentally. The view that he’s a man and can take that is as ancient as their football philosophies. I hope the two players haven’t taken it too personally, could really be career threatening what happened last night and I hope they just realise the decision was made by two people with no clue.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 19:03:53 »

I believe there was some mention of Emmental by Jonny before the clip that incensed Sheridaneratops as he hates anything swiss and is very dairy intolerant.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 22:56:14 »

If any of you really, really want the Power regime to end, don’t spend any money at the club. Starve the serpent of the oxygen that it thrives on, money. Let’s face it, we’re down and even a L2 club needs money, clearly Poundland Power doesn’t have any and the vultures are circling anything spent at the club prolongs the slow agonising death spiral of the serpent.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 23:01:28 »

Don't think there will be many paying for ifollow this Saturday,  my tenners staying in my pocket for sure.  Don't think I will be the only one.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 23:08:03 »

Don't think there will be many paying for ifollow this Saturday,  my tenners staying in my pocket for sure.  Don't think I will be the only one.

Ditto. TBF I doubt I’ll bother for the rest of the season, it’s not as if my screaming and shouting can be heard at the theatre of despair. As for next season, well that depends.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: