Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 190612 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, December 19, 2021, 10:28:25 »

Here we go by again. Woke up to Malan bowling, walked the dog and back just to see him take guard.

Well it is up to Stokes and Root to lead by example and lead the fight back.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, December 19, 2021, 14:03:23 »

Joe Root was dismissed with the final ball.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Hunk

« Reply #137 on: Sunday, December 19, 2021, 14:45:20 »

This is as nailed on a 5-0 drubbing as the Aussies could ever dream
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 07:28:49 »

Chris Woakes now has more runs in the series than five of England's top seven, and will almost certainly be dropped for the next test.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 08:21:06 »

This does feel very 1990's when England couldn't buy an Ashes win, doesn't it?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 08:49:18 »

Quote from: Samdy Gray
This does feel very 1990's when England couldn't buy an Ashes win, doesn't it?

Rory Bremner is warming up his Paul Hardcastle parody remix as we speak....

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 08:54:21 »

Well, we made it to tea. Buttler being able to bat like this, and like he does in the white ball stuff is quite remarkable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 09:15:26 »

bye bye butler.

silly out in the end
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 09:39:03 »

Utter rubbish. Now all that will happen is that Bairstow, Crawley and Wood (if fit) will come in for Hameed, Pope and Woakes.

If its a turner, then maybe Lawrence comes in as another swisher and part time bowler - Leach doesn't seem to be the answer and Root has just mauled his own bowling attack. Not sure who bowled shortest for England as I have only seen the 'lowlights'.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 20, 2021, 10:27:42 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 11:03:32 »

There's certainly not a great deal to come in. I do think we could do better with selection, but we probably still lose.

Personally I think Leach is good enough (not Swann, but up to the level of a Panesar or a Tufnell) but getting spooked by him getting hit a bit on a flat deck by set batsmen shows the lack of faith of Root. I do wonder if he just doesn't rate any spin as he's so good at playing it himself - Mark Waugh is more or less the same on commentary.

That said, if we don't trust finger spinners in Aus, fair enough - then why pick two of them? Debut Parkinson or pick Crane in the summer and then take them on the tour. They just seem to have gone worst of both worlds.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 15:53:40 »

There's a test tour of the WI in March and for that expect a total clean sweep.

Saqib Mahmood is playing BBL and took 4 for nothing the other day but it would be in his interests to wait until the WI tour rather than called up for 5th test when this side are buggered.

Crane or Parkinson as a leggie.  I like Yates as Warwickshire as an opening option but expect England to fluff around with Zak Crawley.

Expect Foakes to get a go in WI.

If Pope doesn't up his game then maybe time for a Abell or Livingstone or Harry Brook.

Tough as it would be England may have to make a call on Jimmy/Broad. I maybe only expect 1 to go to WI?  I think taking both would be detrimental to the future as such you have a choice to make next summer.  They cant both be allowed farewell tours.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, December 20, 2021, 16:00:35 »

I think Anderson and Broad are way past their sellby unfortunately. Woakes with Woods pace would be awesome. He's too slow to threaten though.

Time to let them go and build for the future.

Hunk

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, December 26, 2021, 01:43:04 »

13-2  Suicide
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, December 26, 2021, 06:32:56 »

I think Anderson and Broad are way past their sellby unfortunately. Woakes with Woods pace would be awesome. He's too slow to threaten though.

Time to let them go and build for the future.

Can't see how the bowlers are to blame.   Without runs on the board you're on the backfoot and defensive.

Hammeed only averages 32 in first class cricket, and Crawley 31.   I don't understand why they are anywhere near the England team.
Not all their fault of course, the middle order all gave their wickets away today.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 26, 2021, 06:44:06 by Pookemon » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, December 26, 2021, 08:38:38 »

Watched until 1am, when we were 2 down. Crawley 'slightly' unlucky to get a snorter when he was starting to look OK. Dropped the wrong opener imho. Hameed is a walking wicket and nowhere near the standard of a Test opener. Burns has a flawed technique which, is inconsistent and is bang out of form.

Different game when Root was batting. Made it look relatively easy at times. Malan was a little too crab like for me, which invited pressure. However, if you are going to play like that you have to stay there for multiple sessions. To get out before lunch in such a lame way was poor - As was Root, who seems to get punished for every loose shot.

The rest just aren't good enough as test batsmen. They are 'all rounders' meaning that they are neither one thing or another and in a good side, would all be fighting for number 6 or 7 slots.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: