Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Sheridan  (Read 13921 times)
Shrivvy Road

« on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 11:57:00 »

With all the off-field issues and the fact it's effectively him being paid by a mate, not the club as such with no income coming in could this be the first time we have a manager who genuinely does not give a fuck about results?  Only here a few months, knows if the club was sold tomorrow a new manager would be selected doesn't seem to know players names or care too much for making subs added to the fact he must know the fans do not want him here one bit

It just feels like we have a manager here  who is probably not that gutted
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:12:33 »

I doubt he’s arsed
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:13:59 »

TBH I am surprised that Power didn't appoint Noel Hunt, it would have saved a wage. I thought he would give it to him until the end of the season/when a new owner is appointed at least.

Hunt wanted the job and was pissed off when he didn't get it, the players liked him, he knows the players even if he is inexperienced in actual management.

Sheridan being appointed was a surprise and yes of course its "jobs for the boys" but it makes me wonder if Power though Sheridan could come in and wave a magic wand and get us results, even if temporarily, possibly making us a more viable sale to any new buyer? currently Sheridan has not been able to change results.

Sheridan doesn't seem THAT comfortable in charge of us, almost blasé and flippant at times in the few interviews he has done, but, that may genuinely be his style but it doesnt feel he is here for anything other than short term.

Until Clem/Barry/Standing/AN Other actually takes over at the club I don't forsee things changing and Sheridan will still be in charge until that point, so I just hope we can turn results around for the better.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:18:34 »

TBH I am surprised that Power didn't appoint Noel Hunt, it would have saved a wage. I thought he would give it to him until the end of the season/when a new owner is appointed at least.

Hunt wanted the job and was pissed off when he didn't get it, the players liked him, he knows the players even if he is inexperienced in actual management.

Sheridan being appointed was a surprise and yes of course its "jobs for the boys" but it makes me wonder if Power though Sheridan could come in and wave a magic wand and get us results, even if temporarily, possibly making us a more viable sale to any new buyer? currently Sheridan has not been able to change results.

Sheridan doesn't seem THAT comfortable in charge of us, almost blasé and flippant at times in the few interviews he has done, but, that may genuinely be his style but it doesnt feel he is here for anything other than short term.

Until Clem/Barry/Standing/AN Other actually takes over at the club I don't forsee things changing and Sheridan will still be in charge until that point, so I just hope we can turn results around for the better.

In addition Paul Jewell could muck in and has taken training sessions.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:26:51 »

I wasn't keen on Hunt as manager but sacrificing him for Sheridan, on reflection, looks like a bad call.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:29:34 »

Paul Hart was definitely just here for a wage.

Richie Wellens obviously didn’t give a toss either.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:34:42 »

Paul Hart was definitely just here for a wage.

Richie Wellens obviously didn’t give a toss either.

To think anyone really gives a shit about the club is probably a mistake. However Wellens at least cared about his career and progression and undertstood what Swindon could give him. Covid fucked it a bit this year. But he wants to manage at the top and he drags us on part of his journey, which is generally how its worked with most of our best managers.

Sheridan on the other hand is on the other end of his career. He has failed repeatedly at many places. He is spent and has nothing new to contribute. He will never manage above league one so he is beaten. Clearly doesn't give a fuck as its just a wage at this point. Guy can fuck off.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:53:41 »

The only people who really care are the fans.  Certainly at a club like Swindon town.
REDBUCK

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 13:37:52 »

And sadly too few of them and getting less by the year.

Talk of potential is wide of the mark.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 14:07:11 »

It’s less than a year since we got 13000+ for a L2 game. The potential has always been here. Unfortunately, any success we’ve had over the years has never been built upon - it’s all been transitory, an illusion.

Wellens saw it - hence him signing a 3 year extension. Then the Swindon curse struck again - one step forward, 2 steps back.

We’ve had a succession of chancers and potless owners - Black notwithstanding.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 14:32:49 »

We've been in the doldrums for at least 20 years, far too long.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 14:44:35 »

We've been in the doldrums for at least 20 years, far too long.
It took us as a Football League club 42 years to win our first ever promotion in 1963.

That really is the doldrums!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 14:46:22 »

It took us as a Football League club 42 years to win our first ever promotion in 1963.

That really is the doldrums!

Records are there to be beaten!  Wink

I was reading something on Twitter yesterday from Sheff Wed fans, they seem to be suffering similar apathy within much of the fan base at the moment.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 14:48:22 »

It’s less than a year since we got 13000+ for a L2 game. The potential has always been here. Unfortunately, any success we’ve had over the years has never been built upon - it’s all been transitory, an illusion.
It's definitely been transitory, because as you say it's never been built upon, but I don't think it's an illusion, it's genuinely there just need someone prepared to invest for the first success and invest again to build on that. A sustained period of development and progression and you never know.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 21:11:54 »

The only people who really care are the fans.  Certainly at a club like Swindon town.

Di Canio showed a lot of passion. Did he care? I think he did to an extent.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: