Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Sheridan  (Read 13922 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 11:17:48 »

In the same interview he also said it's a massive job and he's lucky to have it.

That didn't make the headlines.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #46 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 11:26:21 »

In the same interview he also said it's a massive job and he's lucky to have it.

That didn't make the headlines.
Definately a soundbite taken out of context and latched onto by the press and some fans.

I don't have any issues with Shez so far other than some weird and often non existant substiutions, he has his hands tied, and hes right, if he was a great manager he wouldn't be at Swindon he would be managing at a far higher level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 11:29:47 »

I've really found it all quite embarrassing to be honest. 

I suspect that some of those making the most noise are well aware of the context, but want to make a show of being angry because it's the in thing to do and making LOUD NOISES helps them be part of the crowd. Or some people just like to be angry regardless of whether or not the anger is justified.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 11:31:03 »

I've really found it all quite embarrassing to be honest. 

I suspect that some of those making the most noise are well aware of the context, but want to make a show of being angry because it's the in thing to do and making LOUD NOISES helps them be part of the crowd. Or some people just like to be angry regardless of whether or not the anger is justified.
Yep.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 12:08:20 »

The "I wouldn't be at Swindon" is almost Clough like in its bluntness.  And, in the particular context of the situation in which he took over and with the ownership shenanigans, entirely fair.  I'd love to hear about the enormous potential of Swindon, Shezza's plans to tap into it and grow us into a respected Championship-level club.  Only, right now, that wouldn't seem like ambition, it would sound deranged.

He's not charismatic like our PM for example.  

However he's come to save us from relegation.  He needs to be judged on that.  Obviously his dour, inarticulate countenance recalls Hart but let's remember Wellens failed his R test at Oldham.  

For the future, I'd prefer a younger, more ambitious appointment.  But they normally come to a club with a plan.  Right now, I'm keeping a close eye but I am getting behind Shezza
« Last Edit: Monday, December 21, 2020, 12:14:33 by RedRag » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 11:18:16 »

Waterford FC have posted condolences to Sheridan after the passing of both his mother and father over the christmas period.

Fucking hell RIP
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 11:22:38 »

Waterford FC have posted condolences to Sheridan after the passing of both his mother and father over the christmas period.

Fucking hell RIP
Maybe that explains why he seemed 'distant'. Awful news and feel very sorry for him - What a rubbish time and thing to happen.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 11:33:16 »

Wow! That's terrible news. Hard to imagine something like that happening, especially at this time of year. RIP

Here's the post for anyone who hasn't seen it:

https://twitter.com/WaterfordFCie/status/1343877277986287616?s=20
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 11:37:18 »

Fuck me that’s terrible

So presumably the reason he missed a couple of press conference wasn’t because he was living it up on the piss as some implied
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 11:49:54 »

That's absolutely awful, I can't even imagine what he must be going through right now.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 11:51:41 »

To lose both parents within a short period is just awful irrespective of the time of year. Can only imagine the whole situation must have been made doubly hard by current restrictions. Condolences and RIP
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 11:58:08 by pauld » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 11:56:59 »

Fuck me that’s terrible

So presumably the reason he missed a couple of press conference wasn’t because he was living it up on the piss as some implied

Shez hasn't held any press conferences since the loss of his mum a few weeks back, perhaps it hit him hard and he doesn't feel up to it?
This makes it even worse for the poor bloke, lost my Dad 10 years on 23rd December and it changes everything in such a short space of time.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 12:04:45 »

Fuck me that’s terrible

Couldn’t blame the bloke if he did have a drink or 10 either in all honesty, who wouldn’t.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 12:06:38 »

hope he takes the time out he needs
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2020, 12:06:43 »

Let's hope the guy is given some slack even if results don't go our way. Terrible news and condolences to him and all of his family and friends

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: