Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 225710 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 17:37:01 »

I agree, and no they havent, they have an interim manager until the end of the season, Andy Butler.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1261 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 18:18:29 »

If Power hasn't gone by the summer does that mean we're stuck with Wright😀
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 18:45:57 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1262 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 18:44:56 »

One swallow doesn't make a summer or two rights don't make a wrong, or something like that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1263 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 19:11:41 »

Hes out of contract
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 19:15:46 »

Hes out of contract

I wonder what Power will do then maybe offer him another one

So, give no fucks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1265 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 12:29:04 »

He suggested in a recent interview he was going to see out his contract, I expect he will be gone.

Not sure when Mildenhall's contract is up though ?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1266 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 13:04:27 »

He suggested in a recent interview he was going to see out his contract, I expect he will be gone.

Not sure when Mildenhall's contract is up though ?

Do backroom staff have these sort of fixed term contracts, I had always assumed it was just players and managers who were on those and staff were on rolling contracts like you and I?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #1267 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 16:05:03 »

In the spirit of the Pink Panther and Ozzy Osbourne, and the TEF 80%, I’m going to predict Ryan Lowe will be Town’s next manager.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 17:05:05 »

In the spirit of the Pink Panther and Ozzy Osbourne, and the TEF 80%, I’m going to predict Ryan Lowe will be Town’s next manager.
We could do a lot worse!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1269 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 17:08:56 »

Of all the men and women in the footballing world who might be willing/able to manage a soon to be div 4 club, why the slight obsession with those individuals who have previously managed STFC? 

To be fair, I don't think I have thought about Town double dipping. I've usually came up with relatively realistic suggestions (yes my friend Sam Ricketts probably is a realistic candidate), like Paul Challinor. In fact at this moment in time Challinor might be too good for the Town. As in, his aspirations might be higher than surviving L2 (Div 4) - I think he'd want yet another promotion on his belt, like he's been doing at pretty much every level albeit at N/L.

Although his next likely promotion is to come by successfully getting Hartlepool back in the EFL. They are playing some decent stuff under him too. If he isn't the sort of manager on Town's radar or even STFC on his radar (for his next management step) I'll be quite surprised.

I wouldn't want Cooper back or Wellens really but both for different reasons. Cooper would keep Town ticking in L2 but I don't think he would get them out. Even if he did, he would find himself in pretty much a similar position he originally started in and it would just stagnate. It needs fresh meat. Wellens - I think it's been touched on, the chalice in his own justified motivations for leaving are just a little too poisoned and many fans (can't speak for all) would just be waiting for the moment he says he's off. Basically he has a ready made get out excuse as it were.

When it comes to younger new managers, I suppose we can all theorise and say how they might do; even if never been in Town's postcode capacity before but until whatever board Town has, gives them a chance - so must we. Even if it appears at first to be Luke Warm 2.0

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 18:53:55 »

Can't see it being anyone other than Tommy Wright or a different internal appointment unless another name from Power/Jewell circle of trust emerges.

I am, in football terms, furious that they can't even give us a good spin on the managerial merry-go-round.

Back in the good ol' days we would have at least had rumours of consortiums with plans to bring in [BIG NAME] as manager.

A shame.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1271 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 20:00:49 »

I thought I saw or heard somewhere that Wellens gave one of his reasons for having it on his toes away was the lack of ambition of the club.

Perhaps that was polite speak for Power is a cunt and the club is fucked so I'm leaving before we sink.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1272 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 20:28:17 »

Can't see it being anyone other than Tommy Wright or a different internal appointment unless another name from Power/Jewell circle of trust emerges.

I am, in football terms, furious that they can't even give us a good spin on the managerial merry-go-round.

Back in the good ol' days we would have at least had rumours of consortiums with plans to bring in [BIG NAME] as manager.

A shame.

Newell & Sheedy then

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1273 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 06:31:19 »

A shame.

Let’s hope in a few more weeks we can start the rebuild again.
Not much time and the silence as you can imagine right now is deafening. 3 games to play and not even a mention of season tickets for example.
It is a shame as you commented however I would expect a few are already lined up to be approached once we know the ownership issues are more transparent.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1274 on: Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 15:25:16 »

Bit of a random one and probably almost certainly not what we would need in the circumstances, but what would people's thoughts on Kenny Jackett as next manager? I know things didn't quite work out at Pompey but you would think he's a more than capable manager to keep us afloat in Division 4 next season?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: