Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188623 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 21:59:38 »

Are online shops still allowed to operate?

Until I hear differently - Royal Mail is operating as normal.
We are all classed as key workers, in fact we’ve had no official communications from the top about the virus at all
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 22:05:05 »

You can now only go to your local shop. They are not even letting us leave our village to go to a big supermarket. We have to shop in a Spanish version of a Tesco express. The police are reasonable, if you are legitimately on your way to the shops with a shopping bag they are fine. But if you’re taking the piss and just wandering around your fucked. The thing is people don’t want to be out. It’s not safe . They don’t want to get ill. They have respect for the police and more importantly in this case health workers. 10% of deaths in spain are doctors and nurses. There doesn’t seem to be the sort of idiotic behavior you seem to have I n the uk here. 4000 people a day are testing positive. The hospitals are full. They are no longer giving ventilators to over 60s as they have to make a decision on who has more chance of living. Someone over or under 60. That sharpens a nations mind

My elderly folks are in lock down on the Costa Blanca and they are enduring a very similar experience to you. I am coming to terms with the fact that if they contract Covid 19 then I have seen them for the last time and won't get to even attend their funeral.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 22:27:30 »

I have been one of the first to criticise the Tories over the years but they haven’t put a foot wrong so far IMO. Boris gave people the chance to heed warnings and they didn’t - hence tonight’s outcome.

Like many, I am pleasantly surprised - long may it continue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 22:44:50 »

I dunno, the communication has been quite poor I’d say - too often instructions are up to interpretation, which is why you get people acting like idiots

I’ll give them credit for taking action in such uncertain times when there isn’t a rule book to follow, and don’t think now is the time for too much dissent either. I guess ultimately we won’t know for a few years if the steps taken were correct

Things get better but they never get good
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 23:28:48 »

Short memories.

You recall him sitting saying - 'we should take it on the chin, take it all in one go, and let the disease as it were move through the population.'

He sat on his fucking hands thinking herd immunity was the way to go and people will die because of it.

And the communication has been blurred to say the least.

He should have told my industry to close a week and a half ago.  In 3 days I had 22000 people in a sweaty venue.  He should have been closing that shit down.

Just an opinion mind.

Never knowingly overstated.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 04:27:03 »

Quote from: 4D link=topic=581
10.msg1542000#msg1542000 date=1584998123
What if you are on your way to the shops Mex?
Similar lockdown here as in Spain. There are 5 ‘reasons’ to be allowed out - shops, pharmacies, essential work, helping care for family members, short walk with dog.

Before you do any one of those there is a number you text giving your name, address and which of the above 5 reasons you want to go out for. You then get a confirmation code returned via SMS. If stopped and you have no code it’s a €150 fine for first offence, escalating to prison for any persistent offenders. You must also carry a passport/residents permit at all times.

At supermarkets you queue outside, 2 metres apart, and wait until your number is called before you go in. Numbers are strictly administered according to the size of the shop.

Nobody is complaining here, nobody really wants to be out anyway. There are no shortages, no selfish dickheads and a spooky calm everywhere.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 05:48:37 »

Similar lockdown here as in Spain. There are 5 ‘reasons’ to be allowed out - shops, pharmacies, essential work, helping care for family members, short walk with dog.

Before you do any one of those there is a number you text giving your name, address and which of the above 5 reasons you want to go out for. You then get a confirmation code returned via SMS. If stopped and you have no code it’s a €150 fine for first offence, escalating to prison for any persistent offenders. You must also carry a passport/residents permit at all times.

At supermarkets you queue outside, 2 metres apart, and wait until your number is called before you go in. Numbers are strictly administered according to the size of the shop.

Nobody is complaining here, nobody really wants to be out anyway. There are no shortages, no selfish dickheads and a spooky calm everywhere.

That sounds exactly the same as here. Queuing to get into shops, no one wanting to be out and that eeriness you talk of us spot on. The cars in the street here are all covered in the Sahara dust we get as they haven’t moved for two weeks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 06:47:55 »

Can’t really slag Boris off. Would you do a better job. I certainly wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 06:52:23 »

Sports Direct and WH Smith classifying themselves as essential retail has to be about as low as it's possible to be. Not that anyone will be particularly surprised at Sports Direct at least.

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 07:27:11 »

Anyone see Gove, on good morning Britain?
Fuck me, so fucking clueless and contradictory. They're gonna have to be more clear today as it still isn't sinking in. Idiots like him in the cabinet don't help.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 07:27:15 »

Can’t really slag Boris off. Would you do a better job. I certainly wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.

By and large it has been handled well. Listening to the best advice from those in the know, obviously medical then logistics, transport, economists etc. So much to consider, plus there are the similarities to all the western developed countries but crucially differences to to be considered in terms of spread and reasons why and how and the ability to deal with it. Lastly trying not to frighten the shit out of a number of generations that don’t know what a national emergency actually is and have had everything on a plate without question.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 07:31:24 »

Sports Direct and WH Smith classifying themselves as essential retail has to be about as low as it's possible to be. Not that anyone will be particularly surprised at Sports Direct at least.

Lot of Post Offices in WH Smith branches so maybe off the back of that.
Might take a day or two for some clarity to surface.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 07:33:14 »

Gove just told the BBC the complete opposite of what he told good morning Britain. The man is a fucking idiot. No wonder the public are confused
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 07:52:29 »

What did he say?
Flashheart

« Reply #1364 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 08:06:22 »

Thailand announces a national emergency - but nobody knows what that actually means.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: