Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188252 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1215 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 07:38:01 »

Quote from: Arriba
36 year old nurse with no underlying health issues in intensive care on ventilator in Walsall.
This could potentially wipe many of us out.
that's scared the shit out of me
Barry Scott

« Reply #1216 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 07:42:30 »

The missus’ employer, who I’ve said before on here are utter scum, are expecting their staff to continue working.

They’ve split the staff down the middle and have sent half home for 2 weeks, while the other half work. After 2 weeks they swap.

Where does proving catering to the 300 remaining essential staff (in the banking sector) fall under restaurant closures? Can they not bring a fucking packed lunch? I don’t want her there and she’s got anxiety about it.

Right, this is now completely fucking mental. Off the fucking scale stupid. The people in ISS, who my missus works for, are like the idiots in parks and Snowdon. (She works in a restaurant And is expected to work, in case you don’t read above.)

• Few of the staff are self-isolating - many are dicks who think it’s pointless
  • The bosses (who are self isolating and remote) are giving orders
  • The staff on my missus’s site are expected to cover for staffing shortages at other sites. They get there driven in a small minibus with the driver who’s a manager and thinks Corona Virus is a big joke and hasn’t changed anything in his life
  • Some of them are going to other sites today and “handing out” yes, fucking handing out, free sandwiches - they’ve been told to do this. They’re not dropping them off, but going to their sites specifically to do this face to face
  • On my Missus site, to encourage people to the restaurants, the food is now free. They’ve been told everyone has to hand it out
  • On top of this there are self-serve coffee machines and fridges with food in, more contact points than you can shake a stick at

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE - HOW IS THIS ALLOWED?!

Why should the bosses be deciding to jeopardise her (and the others staff’s) health while they do fuck all? Is there anything she can do about this? It’s literally making her sick with anxiety.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1217 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 07:50:51 »

that's fucking stupid Barry, off the scale stupid.

it's quite clear, if you aren't from the game family - stay 2m apart.

irresponsible in the extreme and could be fatal.

I dunno what to say/suggest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1218 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 07:53:53 »

is this them? quite happy to post something anonymously throuh Twitter if you like.

https://www.issworld.com/our-services/catering
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #1219 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:01:20 »

One of my colleagues highlighted to our boss how fatally flawed the plan for working was, so she wrote a safer alternative plan and sent it to him. Fully adapted the same day - sounds like your better half may be onto a loser with her bosses but could be an idea?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Barry Scott

« Reply #1220 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:06:38 »

that's fucking stupid Barry, off the scale stupid.

it's quite clear, if you aren't from the game family - stay 2m apart.

irresponsible in the extreme and could be fatal.

I dunno what to say/suggest

I know. I’m fucking seething. She’s a nice person and doesn’t tend to really rattle cages sadly.

They never sack anyone, so I’ve said she should tell them to do one as I’m sure f they manage to sack her, she’d get them for constructive dismissal as they don’t have a say in hers (and my) health.

is this them? quite happy to post something anonymously throuh Twitter if you like.

https://www.issworld.com/our-services/catering

That’d be good, thanks. It’s facilities management for a huge multinational as well, so I’m sure they’re receptive to negative shit (the multinational - ISS couldn’t give a fuck about anyone). I’m going to try and find people to speak to - police? Environmental health? Council? Local MP?
Barry Scott

« Reply #1221 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:08:31 »

One of my colleagues highlighted to our boss how fatally flawed the plan for working was, so she wrote a safer alternative plan and sent it to him. Fully adapted the same day - sounds like your better half may be onto a loser with her bosses but could be an idea?

Good idea, thanks. But sadly they’re utter cunts where she works. She sent a series of emails to a boss and to this day she’s not even had an acknowledgement. Most emails from the higher ups and HR have always been canned responses. The company cares about nobody. At all.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #1222 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:12:33 »

36 year old nurse with no underlying health issues in intensive care on ventilator in Walsall.
This could potentially wipe many of us out.

The 34 year old Chinese Doctor, the whistleblower, urged colleagues to wear PPE on 30th December.

Early Feb he died, reported widely. This should have been a big feck orf red flag to the world.

Late March UK doctors say they’re ‘lambs to slaughter’, Matt Handcock ‘hears them’ and now trying to sort out distribution.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1223 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:18:36 »

New Zealand going into total lockdown for a month, and they have only had 100 cases.

Thats the way to do it
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1224 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:22:50 »

The nuclear option would simply be to tell them where to stick the job, and to stay at home.  Alternatively, why not just say your wife has a runny nose, so staying home as a precaution?  Publicise the stupidity, certainly.  If 3 or 4 others do the same, surely they'll be forced to shut down?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1225 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:26:39 »

@barry - that is the right company in the previous post right?
Barry Scott

« Reply #1226 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:35:20 »

The nuclear option would simply be to tell them where to stick the job, and to stay at home.  Alternatively, why not just say your wife has a runny nose, so staying home as a precaution?  Publicise the stupidity, certainly.  If 3 or 4 others do the same, surely they'll be forced to shut down?

In the eyes of the NHS* I could be considered vulnerable - flu jab eligible, so we’re debating playing that card and saying I should be protected.

@barry - that is the right company in the previous post right?

Sorry, yes, thanks.
Valid Pint

« Reply #1227 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:52:36 »

Until travelling on the Avocet Line I was ignorant to the fact that St James' Park train station is so utterly convenient for the football ground.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1228 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:54:47 »

Does anyone think we'll go into lockdown?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1229 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:58:59 »

cheers Barry
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: