Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1195515 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:09:00 »

I am not saying that selfishness is confined to the gammonati. It plainly applies across the board.

Nothing to see here

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:10:20 »

Social distancing on the golf course today for me. No rakes in bunkers, no touching the flag, handshakes, have to do your own card and clubhouse closed. Home to my home bar for a skinful then errand running tomorrow. Stay safe folks...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:16:15 »

It amuses me that when gammons and pro Brexit types assert that people in this country did great things in the past and will do so again.  What this fails to recognise is that society has changed immeasurably and recent events show that a large section of the population are selfish twats who have no regard for others.  If certain historical events were replayed now with the current population, I am not sure that the results would be the same.

Thing we’ve found a new word to get the soapy tit wank treatment
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:25:44 »

I still dont know what its supposed to mean
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:47:08 »

I am not saying that selfishness is confined to the gammonati. It plainly applies across the board.

Or even the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-51984725
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 09:20:33 »

Quote from: suttonred
I still dont know what its supposed to mean

What 'gammon'? it's an angry middle aged man who goes red in anger at the thought of somebody younger doing something they don't like....

the counter attack to 'Snowflake' and 'millennials'.

'ok boomer' seems to be the dismissive form used to gammons. incorrectly most of the time, because baby boomers are between 56-76 years old. Bloody millennials.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:25:01 »

I wouldn’t say anyone was trolling, these are unprecedented times.  On this, I agree.  Our WW2 relatives would be ashamed. 
Not this old trope again. The crime rate increased by over 50% in WWII, people would have panic bought but there was no internet to spread the panic as widely and quickly as there is now and rationing was introduced fairly early on. What you did have was hoarding and a thriving black market. So yes most people showed tremendous spirit, if only because they had no choice, but there were still plenty of the selfish minority (or possibly those who did have a good reason for hoarding or trying to get some dodgy eggs off a geezer) just as now.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:29:15 »

https://www.wiltshire999s.co.uk/police-and-ambulance-called-to-mass-brawl-outside-pub-in-central-swindon/

Sippo?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:30:43 »

A bit like the young remainers ignoring advice on social gathering?
Really doesn't help categorising panic buyers as leavers and pub goers as remainers or vice versa. For one thing it's likely to be a load of bollocks and secondly it's needlessly divisive at a time when we need a feeling of solidarity and the collective good rather than sharpening existing divisions. And "gammon" is on a par with "n***er", just needlessy offensive, divisive and fuelled by hatred (and yes I understand it doesn't have the same historical weight etc etc, but it really doesn't put you in a good place using it).
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:35:03 »

Really doesn't help categorising panic buyers as leavers and pub goers as remainers or vice versa. For one thing it's likely to be a load of bollocks and secondly it's needlessly divisive at a time when we need a feeling of solidarity and the collective good rather than sharpening existing divisions. And "gammon" is on a par with "n***er", just needlessy offensive, divisive and fuelled by hatred (and yes I understand it doesn't have the same historical weight etc etc, but it really doesn't put you in a good place using it).

Equating the word gammon to the n word is, frankly, laughable.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:37:25 »

What 'gammon'? it's an angry middle aged man who goes red in anger at the thought of somebody younger doing something they don't like....

the counter attack to 'Snowflake' and 'millennials'.

'ok boomer' seems to be the dismissive form used to gammons. incorrectly most of the time, because baby boomers are between 56-76 years old. Bloody millennials.
So, I’m a baby boomer. Never knew that.

As for gammon. Mmmmm, gammon!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:39:07 »

You lot told me I wasn't allowed to the pub so I didn't go.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:40:59 »

The offensive use of the word "gammon" relates to skin colour and particular race. It's racist.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:43:50 »

Equating the word gammon to the n word is, frankly, laughable.

Wasn't equating it, but it's on the same spectrum. Needlessly offensive, driven on anger, prejudice (as in pre-judging that you know what that person will be like based on your own assumptions), looking to lump a whole load of people in the same bucket so they can be dismissed/ignored/written off. It's use says more about the user than the target. You can be better than that.
Flashheart

« Reply #1079 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:43:52 »

For anybody of the mindset that they will be OK, listen to this. According to this doctor, there could be only 1 ventilator to every 8 people that needs one in 2-3 weeks time in the UK. Young people are going to die as well. Young people ARE dying in Italy because they can't treat them. That could be you.

And if you're the kind of smart-arsed cunt that thinks it's clever and brave to say "If I die, I die" -  it might not be you. It might be a friend or a family member that YOU infected because you went out for a fucking pint. Was it fucking worth it? I have a family with 2 kids. I will be jolly well pissed off if I end up dead, leaving my family to fend for themselves because some selfish cretin chose to be irresponsible. 

Stop being selfish.

Stop being ignorant.

Stop being a cunt. (And I don't care if you are offended. People are LITERALLY dying because of idiots)

It is real. It is not something that might happen. It IS happening now and it will get worse, much worse.

Wake - the - fuck - up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0877mb2
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: