Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188817 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:45:50 »

He's not even 70  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:15:50 »

All those people with their 1980's Bidet's are having the last laugh now.

Does anyone know if Reg is alright?
Was wondering that myself. Been worryingly quiet the past week or so. Might disagree with him occasionally ( Wink ) but hope the argumentative old sod's OK
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:17:32 »

A group of us were due to fly to Hamburg tomorrow for a stag weekend. The hotel have given us a full refund, HSV have said they’ll be refunding our match tickets but Easyjet have refused to allow us refunds on the grounds that the government have only advised against travel and haven’t banned it. That despite warnings that if you do travel, you could well end up stuck abroad with no government help to get back. Obviously not going so have rebooked for October at an extra cost of £48. Easyjet seem to be at the front of the queue with the begging bowl at the moment but charity only seems to work one way with them.

i had a napples trip booked for 5th april- easyjet emailed last week and confirmed choice of refund or new date of which i chose refund. seems strange how they arent doing this for all destinations
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:20:21 »

i know the stats are deceiving but it is still a bit crazy to see ONLY 3 confirmed cases in swindon and 9 in wiltshire.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:22:14 »

i know the stats are deceiving but it is still a bit crazy to see ONLY 3 confirmed cases in swindon and 9 in wiltshire.
That's because they're only testing people who are ill enough to be hospitalised. Not even testing front line medical staff which is insane, there must be hundreds, if not thousands, walking around with the virus not even aware of it while they are treating patients.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:36:09 »

There are way more than 3.

2 work colleagues have been confirmed to have it that live in Swindon/Bassett. And my friend has it.

I say confirmed as essentially they can't test everyone, so you call 111 and they decide whether you need a call back. Then you get a clinical call back with a health professional that will decide if you have it or not. These are "confirmed" cases. Essentially a best guess given symptoms.

Diagnosed cases are this that have actually had the test done.

I developed a cough last Wednesday and self isolated Friday. Works now closed and all staff are working from home for the next few months.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:38:10 »

All those people with their 1980's Bidet's are having the last laugh now.

Does anyone know if Reg is alright?

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:38:53 »

Was wondering that myself. Been worryingly quiet the past week or so. Might disagree with him occasionally ( Wink ) but hope the argumentative old sod's OK

He was logged on an hour ago 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:40:32 »

He was logged on an hour ago 
Good, glad to hear he's OK. Or at least well enough to be checking up on us all.  Bye Hi Reg!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:45:00 »

That's heartbreaking.  I genuinely fear for older (70+) folk who live on their own when the lockdown period happens.

We have booked an online delivery for my old man (83 next week) and his missus who live near Witney via our Asda account as they are struggling, problem is Asda seem to be out of stock of loads of stuff so a bit wait and see, but its all I* can do from 200+ miles away!  

* When I say I, its actually the wife who is organised. As she is a bit anal of running out of things by habit (if she takes the car out and the tank is half full she will put some petrol in!) she has been very organised meaning that we don't need to really panic buy (although she has been getting bits and bobs on our order for elderly neighbours and her mum and dad), we have two shops a week and she has always booked online slots as far ahead as she can to continue that, a cupboard audit with the 7 year old (off school) suggests we could do about 2 weeks before things get sticky.

I think habits are going to change a lot after this, we have to do online really as the nearest supermarket which isn't Booths (northern Waitrose) is Kendal which is about 20 miles away, plus we both hate shopping. 
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:52:11 by horlock07 » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 15:59:24 »

For those with kids...

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 16:07:56 »

We have booked an online delivery for my old man (83 next week) and his missus who live near Witney via our Asda account as they are struggling, problem is Asda seem to be out of stock of loads of stuff so a bit wait and see, but its all I* can do from 200+ miles away!  

* When I say I, its actually the wife who is organised. As she is a bit anal of running out of things by habit (if she takes the car out and the tank is half full she will put some petrol in!) she has been very organised meaning that we don't need to really panic buy (although she has been getting bits and bobs on our order for elderly neighbours and her mum and dad), we have two shops a week and she has always booked online slots as far ahead as she can to continue that, a cupboard audit with the 7 year old (off school) suggests we could do about 2 weeks before things get sticky.

I think habits are going to change a lot after this, we have to do online really as the nearest supermarket which isn't Booths (northern Waitrose) is Kendal which is about 20 miles away, plus we both hate shopping. 

Plenty of rabbits about  Wink
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 16:13:44 »

I've been accused of being selfish by a work colleague because I'm putting their loved ones at risk by going to the pub. Now, I don't consider myself as being stupid, but I don't understand their logic - if their "at risk" granny is nicely isolated at home, how does it effect her? Surely I'm only risking the health of the staff who have to be there, and other "selfish" folk who are also in the pub?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 16:18:58 »

Presume you have to get to the pub from work/home and then back again.

Are you certain you will NOT interact with absolutely nobody on your route?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 16:26:18 »

Presume you have to get to the pub from work/home and then back again.

Are you certain you will NOT interact with absolutely nobody on your route?

Virtually. And again, the people I may bump in to will not, by their logic, be people at risk.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: