Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188314 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:08:02 »

Feel huge sympathy for all of you being adversely affected, for now we are OK but who knows once Councils strat to grand to a halt etc.

On a slightly lighter note, any news whether we are taking part in this?

https://www.leytonorient.com/2020/03/17/ultimate-quaran-team-raising-money-through-togetherness/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 15:30:03 by horlock07 » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #676 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:30:04 »

I think I should be OK *touches wood*.

I do all of my work online and my clients work in related (online) fields. If anything, I might even see more work as people have more time to spend on personal projects. That, and other people in general are likely to be spending a lot more time on the internet (more ad revenue).

They've closed the pubs etc today though. Booo.

Also, I sent the wife our for 'a few bits in case'. We're now prepared for WWIII.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:32:10 »

Also, I sent the wife our for 'a few bits in case'. We're now prepared for WWIII.

Mrs Horlock07 had an online shop delivered today, not sure she really gets stockpiling as the main components were 6 wine boxes some Belgian beer and a load of Prosecco!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #678 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:32:46 »

Mrs Horlock07 had an online shop delivered today, not sure she really gets stockpiling as the main components were 6 wine boxes some Belgian beer and a load of Prosecco!
Mmmm Belgian beer, my favourite, what type?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:35:46 »

This whole thing is farcical. I genuinely don't understand what is going on. This virus was around before christmas but no one battered an eye lid. People just got on with it.

Having personally endured a lengthy, nasty, and has to be said, unusual bug pre and post-Xmas, this one is intriguing, having seen very many similar claims on social media. Don't recall reading of anyone with that winter bug being rushed into ICU and hooked up to a ventilator as a result, perhaps it went under the radar.

It's a comforting thought to believe you're immune from CV, potentially, but with hundreds of different strains of virus out there, many with similar symptoms, has to be wishful thinking, don't you think  ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:36:40 »

Not sure you get it, sounds like she's nailed it!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:49:56 »

Mmmm Belgian beer, my favourite, what type?

Leffe Blonde, Asda's online selection is very limited. Am supposed to be going cycling in Belgium start of May so would have got the chance to stock up at Carrefour but suspect that's gone down the toilet now!

Having personally endured a lengthy, nasty, and has to be said, unusual bug pre and post-Xmas, this one is intriguing, having seen very many similar claims on social media. Don't recall reading of anyone with that winter bug being rushed into ICU and hooked up to a ventilator as a result, perhaps it went under the radar.

It's a comforting thought to believe you're immune from CV, potentially, but with hundreds of different strains of virus out there, many with similar symptoms, has to be wishful thinking, don't you think  ?

My Missus had a god awful bug/chest infection that just wouldn't shift over Christmas and January, however I suspect Sippo is reflecting upon the fact it was around in China around Christmas?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:52:08 »

Nope. In this country. My wife was ill, in November/December. There was a lot going around. We just got on with it. Night Nurse works wonders.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #683 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 14:56:01 »

Leffe Blonde, Asda's online selection is very limited. Am supposed to be going cycling in Belgium start of May so would have got the chance to stock up at Carrefour but suspect that's gone down the toilet now!
Leffe is ok as a bog standard quite drinkable.

I go to Belgium every couple of years and am off there again in August (fingers crossed!) Carrefour is decent and very cheap, always load the car up at one before we come back, so bloody cheap too, the beers I buy (normally nothing under 9% but up to 20%) are about £4 each here and in Carrefour they are 50p!

I get an order every month or 2 from either Beerwulf or Beers of Europe online.

Nice!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 15:02:28 »

Leffe is ok as a bog standard quite drinkable.

I go to Belgium every couple of years and am off there again in August (fingers crossed!) Carrefour is decent and very cheap, always load the car up at one before we come back, so bloody cheap too, the beers I buy (normally nothing under 9% but up to 20%) are about £4 each here and in Carrefour they are 50p!

I get an order every month or 2 from either Beerwulf or Beers of Europe online.

Nice!

We had got a good route planned which was going to include a visit here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery but shit happens, if not this year maybe next!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 15:03:38 »

Nope. In this country. My wife was ill, in November/December. There was a lot going around. We just got on with it. Night Nurse works wonders.
You're comparing apples with oranges. The danger from coronavirus is not primarily to people like you and your missus. It's to people who have existing illnesses that suppress their immune systems or existing bronchial conditions or people who are elderly. They are all at severe risk and may die if they catch it. If we all "just get on with it", then we run round spreading the virus and increasing the chance that the vulnerable will catch it and be severely ill or die.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 15:07:03 »

But was that Coronavirus or just another of the plethora of shitty flu type bugs we have every year. As I said above my missus was absolutely rotten with it for about 6 weeks (which has made her very worried about Coronavirus as she has asthma which was shitty with this other bug). Everyone had a version of it in the village.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 15:07:31 »

See Barnet have laid off all non-playing staff, its going to bite football hard!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #688 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 15:08:01 »

We had got a good route planned which was going to include a visit here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westvleteren_Brewery but shit happens, if not this year maybe next!
Like a bit of Westvleteren beer. Not done that Brewery but we are staying the night at Ypres in August so may look at it.

Last time we went and did the Gordon Brewery (my favourite beer ever) and if you can get there the Chimay Brewery is well worth it they make several beers that are only sold at the Brewery and their cheeses are amazing too, takes your mind off Coronovirus Wink

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 15:14:07 »

You're comparing apples with oranges. The danger from coronavirus is not primarily to people like you and your missus. It's to people who have existing illnesses that suppress their immune systems or existing bronchial conditions or people who are elderly. They are all at severe risk and may die if they catch it. If we all "just get on with it", then we run round spreading the virus and increasing the chance that the vulnerable will catch it and be severely ill or die.
Whilst that is true, the same - if not worse - can be said of seasonal flu. Nobody bats and eyelid with that. If the old and unhealthy catch it the result is much the same.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: