Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188792 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 20:54:44 »

Yesterday, Morrison's over Eldene was lacking in toilet roll but otherwise, not very busy and shelves pretty full.
Aldi in Upper Stratton was a bit busier but nothing too crazy.

Every supermarket and wholesaler near me has been stripped bare of pretty much everything vaguely useful. I'm looking forward to winalot casserole this week. My weekly shop cost me £44 so i'm not moaning, and I didn't queue for 5 hours. I win.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 21:53:14 »

If this leak to the Guardian proves even to be partially accurate ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/uk-coronavirus-crisis-to-last-until-spring-2021-and-could-see-79m-hospitalised
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 22:01:45 »

GWH has run out of masks for staff to wear...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 22:35:49 »

I've just got in from a lovely three days in Amsterdam. It was very very quiet there, and i think all the people on the Eurostar coming back could have fitted in half a carriage.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 23:35:12 »

I'm on the DR planning for a Local Authority. I know there were 2 deaths Friday in the borough, They reported 1. But the one they reported was in hospital, and the 2 I know about weren't. I don't think it's deliberate misinformation, just they don't really know the full picture.
If that's the case, that's staggering incompetence on the part of the national authorities. If you are aware of 2 deaths due to coronavirus, then I assume those deaths have been diagnosed as due to the virus, but they've either not been reported up the chain or not been logged because they're not in a hospital. It's one thing to not bother testing cases outside hospitals and prisons, which seems to be the case now, but to not log the deaths? That's beyond negligent.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 00:08:13 »

Not completely sure to be honest. Think 90 days is still the maximum. Eventually we’re going to try and get residency permits.

Was kind of hoping that 6 months/120 days was the new limit as would be easier to go "semi-permanent", return to blighty for December for a month, spend month to month in a few other places then head back out May (that would be the plan and then as you say, try to eventually get residency if I enjoy the longer stints). I'll ask my mate who is an ex pat and another who is Izmir born and bred, out there to see what the "official" line is.

Have to catch you for a pint out there some time. If you can handle the natter  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 01:53:27 »

http://agencia.fapesp.br/cientistas-brasileiros-estao-desenvolvendo-vacina-contra-novo-coronavirus/32743/?fbclid=IwAR0dsRO8fOsbrvOa8nBEg28wTcyRmh0hUR6YkfP7-5XTAP0JUTYfyDxj87A#.Xm7FfKtFeMF.twitter

For those in the high risk groups (like you would be for any other virus), whom we should be looking out for at any time, not just now. Keep your eyes (or ears) on Brazil. A lot of work going on there and while the MSM seems to be enjoying the sadistic element of treating every new positive case, as if it were a death sentence; there could be more positive areas that they could focus on (we know that won't happen).

Out of interest though. It would be fascinating if the MSM were to report every positive case of Influenza and the current deaths since Devember too. Truth is they couldn't as there would be too many to report and fuck me panic levels would go beyond. People would be hot-footing it over to Switzerland to finish themselves off. Oh fuck, you can't even do that there's a flight ban!

In all seriousness, the article above gives strengthened hope to those in the upper 5% of most at risk.

Edit: Here's the WEEKLY data produced by PHE for the week ending 1st March 2020 for Influenza:

c5k ILI cases with c650 hospitalisations and c35 ICU admissions.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/870503/Weekly_national_influenza_report_week_10_2020.pdf
« Last Edit: Monday, March 16, 2020, 02:28:00 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #592 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 09:40:41 »

GWH has run out of masks for staff to wear...

I don't know where you are getting your information from but this is the latest in a long line of bollocks statements from you. I have literally seen people wearing masks this morning.
Panda Paws

« Reply #593 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 09:46:10 »

My read is that the government strategy is for a decent chunk of the population who is healthy to get it, and build immunity. There's a lot of interesting reading on this idea (akin to herd immunity, but protecting the most vulnerable).

Protect the vulnerable, reduce and delay the peak through self-isolation and sensible social considerations, limit the impact on the economy by not closing everything and mitigate against an even more lethal second wave.

The European countries that are on complete lock down - what's the end game? As soon as they lift restrictions, they're in the same position or worse.

The only criticism I've got to this point is comms - but it's an unpalatable message to try and communicate.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 09:51:59 »

I don't know where you are getting your information from but this is the latest in a long line of bollocks statements from you. I have literally seen people wearing masks this morning.

It is not bollocks. My wife was on a night shift in SCBU on Friday. She called the premises team, and they said they had run out. SCBU never even had a delivery. I am not one to bullshit.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #595 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 09:58:54 »

They are not dishing out face masks to people who don't need them. Tell her to read her emails, everyone should know this.

I can screenshot if you really like?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 10:02:16 »

Massive fallout in my office. My boss has said she is gonna work from home for the forseeable future as she's a bit concerned (her fella has cancer and is at risk).

Someone in a different team on an IM channel called her pathetic for 'overreacting and causing panic'. All hell broke loose. Quite entertaining

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 10:12:39 »

Is the Prime minister still self isolating or will he do his fucking job?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #598 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 10:14:29 »

Is the Prime minister still self isolating or will he do his fucking job?
Going by his track record, he has always been an oaf, so technically nothing has changed, work as normal Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 10:30:42 »

Thread derailing again, this isn't the politics thread  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: