Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188478 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 13:52:29 »

Drove past Farmfoods this morning.
There was actually a queue of people waiting for it to open, things must be getting serious folks.
Its a vicious circle. You have the panic buyers who are unnecessarily stocking up on items. This in turn causes panic across the non panic buyers because they are now panicking that there will not be anything left when they do need it,  ergo, they now feel the need to panic buy.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 14:13:51 »

That's great news regarding the visa waiver (although it was simple enough), does that mean now that time spent in Turkey can be longer (without visa)? Asking for a friend, as I may 'work' out there remotely one day. I have a couple or three friends out there and they used to do the old "just nipping to Rhodes" trick but I believe that has been stamped down by the Turkish Gov.

Not completely sure to be honest. Think 90 days is still the maximum. Eventually we’re going to try and get residency permits.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 14:20:23 »

There’s only so much most people can get in a freezer. Generally, tinned food sucks.

The only thing I’ve probably overstocked on is bread flour and yeast.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 14:36:32 »

1 wonder how long it will be until the government allows lorry drivers special dispensation, to work over their driving hours,
so that there are plentiful supplies of hand wash and bog rolls on the shelves?

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 15:13:47 »

Iceland in town was pretty quiet and well stocked. Bought a few items, had 1 person in front of me in the queue. No problems. Seems the big supermarkets are having the idiots going mad in them. They're watching each other and copying the behaviour
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 15:33:00 »

Iceland in town was pretty quiet and well stocked. Bought a few items, had 1 person in front of me in the queue. No problems. Seems the big supermarkets are having the idiots going mad in them. They're watching each other and copying the behaviour

Sainsbury's don't seem to be affected like Asda, Tescos, Aldi and Lidl

So, give no fucks
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 16:08:29 »

Sainsbury's don't seem to be affected like Asda, Tescos, Aldi and Lidl

Yesterday, Morrison's over Eldene was lacking in toilet roll but otherwise, not very busy and shelves pretty full.
Aldi in Upper Stratton was a bit busier but nothing too crazy.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 16:12:48 »

There comes a point where all the stockpilers will have fully stockpiled, and the shops will go through a lean phase where people are not buying much as they run down their supplies.  Spare a thought for the poor bastards eating their 720th consecutive pasta dinner on Feb 22nd, 2022.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 16:13:16 »

I can’t be doing with shops and the people in them so tried to go via the online route. First available slot is in 8 days!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 16:18:26 »

There comes a point where all the stockpilers will have fully stockpiled, and the shops will go through a lean phase where people are not buying much as they run down their supplies.  Spare a thought for the poor bastards eating their 720th consecutive pasta dinner on Feb 22nd, 2022.

No idea what replacements you will get if you've ordered biscuits,rice,pasta,porridge oats,toilet rolls etc😳

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 16:48:45 »

Government are out of touch on this. Both my parents and my in laws got calls from their Gp's saying to stay in no visitors on Friday until further notice.

I also know they aren't fully reporting fatalities, in London certainly.
How do you know that? Genuine question, not a dig. And does the update to 35 today account for that? i.e. is it just a case of lagging on making figures public or are you suggesting there's more systemic under-reporting going on?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 17:00:21 »

I was at a big supermarket in Bournemouth this morning, went in around 9.30 and there were about 100 queuing to get in. Got out around 10.10am and the car park was full, people looking for spaces.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 18:16:56 »

Can I just reiterate a point I made earlier.

A plane of 200+ people from Madrid- one of the most infected cities on the planet right now, landed at Gatwick this morning and not one person was checked. They all dispersed throughout England many of them on public transport.
This is one plane of many!

Why the fuck are they not being checked???

The uk government lack of doing a fucking  thing is tantamount to manslaughter. Seriously.

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 18:21:57 »

Don't fret.
I'm sure Boris, after taking the weekend off as usual will have a prepared statement to bluster his way through tomorrow to put us all at ease.
china red

« Reply #569 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 18:23:31 »

Don't fret.
I'm sure Boris, after taking the weekend off as usual will have a prepared statement to bluster his way through tomorrow to put us all at ease.

This is unbelievable, have been hearing this for the past couple of weeks though
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: