Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188464 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #510 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 20:41:48 »

What's the intensive care beds situation like in Thailand? 

I don't know to be honest.

They do have decent universal health care, but I very much doubt it can handle a pandemic.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 20:46:55 »

Anyone got a shopping list for potential lockdown? Without this panic buying bollocks, I'm thinking...

Beer
Rum
Pasta
Cheese
Coffee
Half a pig

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 21:18:33 »

I did our weekly in Asdas this morning, the level of panic buying is incredible, as well as toilet roll, painkillers, soap and pasta, the shelves were also empty for flour, noodles, rice, tinned tomatoes (and pur馥), beans and, strangely, bin bags. Fortunately I can live on crisps.

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 21:53:00 »

The whole panic buying thing is only going to escalate further. Reckon next week will get interesting to say the least.

Where's Boris by the way? Gone missing like when the country was under water?
I think Trump is a fucking arsehole but at least he's actually doing something about this.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 22:00:39 »

I did our weekly in Asdas this morning, the level of panic buying is incredible, as well as toilet roll, painkillers, soap and pasta, the shelves were also empty for flour, noodles, rice, tinned tomatoes (and pur馥), beans and, strangely, bin bags. Fortunately I can live on crisps.

I was there this morning and no biscuits!

So, give no fucks
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 22:07:27 »

So everything is shut except supermarkets and pharmacies. We have been told to stay indoors. Public transport has been cut by 50% and is only allowed to be a third full.
You can go to work if essential but the police and army are patrolling the streets and you are only allowed out if you are going to buy food, medication or to the bank.

Supermarkets will be stocked up as normal and transportation of food and essentials is taking priority

This is initially for 14 days but might be longer

I reckon this is you lot by next weekend
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 22:22:27 »

With rain  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 22:26:40 »

So everything is shut except supermarkets and pharmacies. We have been told to stay indoors. Public transport has been cut by 50% and is only allowed to be a third full.
You can go to work if essential but the police and army are patrolling the streets and you are only allowed out if you are going to buy food, medication or to the bank.

Supermarkets will be stocked up as normal and transportation of food and essentials is taking priority

This is initially for 14 days but might be longer

I reckon this is you lot by next weekend

Everybody home with nowhere to go so you can imagine the hostile atmosphere at the supermarkets marshalled by bouncers at every aisle

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 22:49:36 »

Yes you're right, I should have said the govt medical advisors, not the whole community.  Not many of the UK critics have resonated with much credibility to me however.  Certainly I'd rather trust Chris Whitty, whose career has been focussed on combating major infectious diseases around the world, rather than the ignorant ramblings of Jeremy fucking Hunt.

Appreciate that a major exception is the WHO woman making the point that we don't know enough yet about Coronavirus to be sure that it will behave like Smallpox, measles etc. re herd immunity.
Well yes I wasn't referring to Jeremy Hunt. But as you say the WHO seem to be raising a collective eyebrow at the way we're approaching things. John Ashton, former NW regional director of public health has slated the official line, on Question Time and in media interviews since. This evening, over 200 scientists have signed an open letter saying the govt's approach will risk lives (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51892402). And there's another open letter signed by around 200 experts in the field of behavioural science, questioning the strategy around not declaring stronger measures around social isolation earlier (https://sites.google.com/view/covidopenletter/home).

I don't know who's right - I'm not a virologist or an epidemiologist - I suspect there probably isn't a "right" answer, just several "least worst" options. And rest assured I'm following all the official advice around washing hands etc. But the "herd immunity" strategy is far from proven and there are serious scientific and medical people, including those who *are* qualified to discuss this properly who seem to be very alarmed at the approach the govt is taking.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 01:17:44 »

Anyone got a shopping list for potential lockdown? Without this panic buying bollocks, I'm thinking...

Beer
Rum
Pasta
Cheese
Coffee
Half a pig

R.E.M's, It's End of The World (As We Know It). On loop for full effect so the neighbours think you've succumbed to a nihilistic way of life, within the realms of the circumstances.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 05:48:40 »

Just think of all the State Pension money they値l save with all the old folk they値l sacrifice.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 07:34:45 »

Just think of all the State Pension money they値l save with all the old folk they値l sacrifice.

Would not surprise me at all in the slightest
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 07:37:31 »

Where's Boris by the way? Gone missing like when the country was under water?
Surely you don稚 expect him to work weekends?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 07:43:00 »

I worked out very roughly that @ 1% fatality rate and being in the main coffin dodgers as some of you have termed the elderly on here, oh and right wing gammons, coupled in with the leftie ones who are collateral damage and not forgetting the medically challenged that the government will save about 」5.5b per annum. I知 just waiting for when this blows over for someone to suggest another referendum on rejoining the EUSSR and suggesting the cull of aforementioned could swing the result. Still maybe the pension age may come back to 65.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 07:50:58 »

At 10pm last night the city of Malaga showed their appreciation to the doctors and nurses fighting corona.
Was right across the whole city
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 15, 2020, 07:52:43 by mexico red » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: