Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188546 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #405 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:23:48 »

We apparently have it 'in the village', much as yourself I am on the vulnerable list, but actually looking online from the normal expert organisations there seems to be no evidence at the moment that it interacts with my condition, of greater concern is my missus who has asthma albeit not chronic so fingers crossed.
Yeah as far as I know its not hit Chard yet my friends live in Sherborne and Yeovil so 20+ miles away so I see them rarely but I have obviously the cancer treatment but also around 1/3 of each lung missing from the previous blood clots and I have COPD and Bronchiectasis too.

Concerning.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #406 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:25:59 »

Yeah as far as I know its not hit Chard yet my friends live in Sherborne and Yeovil so 20+ miles away so I see them rarely but I have obviously the cancer treatment but also around 1/3 of each lung missing from the previous blood clots and I have COPD and Bronchiectasis too.

Concerning.

Stay safe mate.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:29:37 »

I'm now working from home for the forseeable future as my employers have started their plan of action.

Until 3 or 4 years ago you used to have to put a pretty watertight business case to work from home approval and now? Now it's the saviour!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #408 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:31:40 »

Stay safe mate.

Thanks mate, going to not risk it too much now, shit got a bit more real for me all of a sudden.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:35:08 »

Concerning.

Look after yourself fella!

if nothing else who is going to help me with my IT issues!  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:47:20 »

I'm working from home as work wants to test VPN capacity.

but they don't want us taking monitors and docking stations off site.

try coding and testing with 3 VMs on a 15 inch laptop .... grr
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:47:38 »

I'm now working from home for the forseeable future as my employers have started their plan of action.

Until 3 or 4 years ago you used to have to put a pretty watertight business case to work from home approval and now? Now it's the saviour!

Short of playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 all day, I'm gonna find it kind of difficult to work from home... Hmmm coming down with a cold as well, which is looooovely.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:49:41 »

a cold....

isolate isolate isolate
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:55:08 »

I'm working from home as work wants to test VPN capacity.

but they don't want us taking monitors and docking stations off site.

try coding and testing with 3 VMs on a 15 inch laptop .... grr

Which is fine. When workers and kids are off then contention on lines is going to be absolutely manic.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 09:57:26 »

yeah, agreed. but you have to know your own systems will cope first..

if we are government ordered to lockdown then there's not much that can be done to control network capacity
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:01:13 »

We have the same issue. We are being proactive as the leadership cannot make decisions. We have RDP but are uploading to sharepoint in preparation.

We were planning on doing this anyway in the summer so it's all good.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:03:06 »

Its way outside my area of knowledge and expertise but we do seem to be doing things rather differently (rightly or wrongly!)

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #417 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:16:47 »

Any Network engineers on here? Cisco are giving out licenses for Umbrella, AnyConnect and Webex and Microsoft Teams is currently free too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:21:26 »

"BREAKING: Premier League and EFL look set to announce both will be suspended until at least Apr 4th, when situation will be reviewed. Hearing EFL board agreed on this unanimously. Premier League meeting happening in 10 mins when clubs will be urged to follow suit"
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 10:32:12 »

My other half is presently trying to get our (entirely normal) weekly online shop finalised, whilst she has got a slot for tomorrow morning (booked on Tuesday and it was the earliest slot available) it now transpires they have not got a large percentage of the stuff we would normally order.

People need to calm the fuck down, its getting to the stage that deaths are going to be self inflected in this country!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: