Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188700 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:06:44 »

Yup. MSM in sensationalist shocker  Roll Eyes

In another note all this bullshits regarding  "no handshakes" in football/sports matches at the beginning, yet at the end of matches...what are players doing? You guessed it...  :poofs:

Klopp being Klopp. Soapy Tit Wank
https://twitter.com/i/status/1237832372491558913
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:09:43 »

The problem is, what's the alternative?
A delayed season still kills cashflow, and we have a squillion players OOC on June 30th.

Lower leagues needs financial help too in such circumstances. That much is obvious. But it extends down to non-leeague and out to loads of business.

It’s tough because no one knows how long this would last. Postponement would hurt but at least there is a chance on income down the line. Closed doors offers nothing. If they are stopping it being shown in pubs etc what is the point of playing. Would it still be on the radio?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:14:17 »

The problem is, what's the alternative?
A delayed season still kills cashflow, and we have a squillion players OOC on June 30th.
Play games behind closed doors, stream footage on iFollow as usual and give access to those who have existing match tickets (inc season tickets), but people can also choose to "pay on the day" as currently. There would still be substantial loss of revenue which would need the govt to step in. Or maybe solidarity payments from the PL who don't rely on gate money? Or a bit of both?
Flashheart

« Reply #303 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:17:42 »

I think season ticket holders should be willing to forfeit the remaining games as well. I know that I would be willing, but there'd still be many others demanding refunds (potentially helping to put their club on the brink).
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:18:06 »

Play games behind closed doors, stream footage on iFollow as usual and give access to those who have existing match tickets (inc season tickets), but people can also choose to "pay on the day" as currently. There would still be substantial loss of revenue which would need the govt to step in. Or maybe solidarity payments from the PL who don't rely on gate money? Or a bit of both?

There are clubs without ifollow isn’t there? There’s no right or wrong for this but it’s a complete mess that’s going to happen.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:28:02 »

There are clubs without ifollow isn’t there?
No it's an EFL deal, applies to the whole league.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:29:15 »

I think season ticket holders should be willing to forfeit the remaining games as well. I know that I would be willing, but there'd still be many others demanding refunds (potentially helping to put their club on the brink).
Absolutely, but if games are streamed on iFollow and made available to ST holders that way, you'd have to be a special kind of twat to still ask for a refund. So there will be several doing just that .....
Flashheart

« Reply #307 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:32:08 »

you'd have to be a special kind of twat to still ask for a refund.

Therein lyeth the problem.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:34:48 »

Play games behind closed doors

That's not an alternative to playing behind closed doors Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:42:41 »

Was thinking about this earlier. I'm fine with that if I get iplayer to home games. As a sweetener they could include a home cup game or something next season (if we get one).

TBH I don't think it should need a sweetner, if it isn't obvious we are in unprecidented health crisis and bigger issues exist, then there is no hope for those people..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:51:56 »

That's not an alternative to playing behind closed doors Smiley
Well, arguably not, no Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:55:40 »

Has there been any word from the EFL on potential postponements / behind closed doors yet?

Personally I'd postpone the games. The season finishes early this year anyway, pushing it back a month wouldn't do too much harm.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:55:55 »

Whilst it’s not really the point of discussion right now but I imagine eventually ‘going to football’ will become obsolete and clubs will just have state of the art in door ‘x’ G pitches with a few cameras set up and everyone who wants to watch will stream it.

Again, I don’t know the specifics but the amount of stadium related overheard you’d loose must outweigh the stadium related income.

What with working till the early hours of a Saturday morning and with a young family i’d be much more inclined (and able) to sit my arse down on the sofa at 14:59 and watch the football than getting up, showered, dressed and physically going.

Probably talking decades from now but think it will happen at some point.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:57:32 »

Bought tickets for Walsall (A) yesterday, and as somebody who can't get to many games due to geography it's pretty gutting. Seems like the right call though sadly.

I'll be after a refund for the tickets. Had it been a home game I might have let it slide.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Thursday, March 12, 2020, 09:58:16 »

Whilst it’s not really the point of discussion right now but I imagine eventually ‘going to football’ will become obsolete and clubs will just have state of the art in door ‘x’ G pitches with a few cameras set up and everyone who wants to watch will stream it.

Again, I don’t know the specifics but the amount of stadium related overheard you’d loose must outweigh the stadium related income.

What with working till the early hours of a Saturday morning and with a young family i’d be much more inclined (and able) to sit my arse down on the sofa at 14:59 and watch the football than getting up, showered, dressed and physically going.

Probably talking decades from now but think it will happen at some point.

Conversely, a month or two of games behind closed doors could show football to be nothing without the fans, and actually serve to prevent this from happening.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: