Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188372 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 16:28:34 »

I think that's going to turn out to be a parody account.

Ah, damn good work.

Indeed. I love it  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 16:29:24 »

Glad to have been well and truly rogered on that one. Would love it if he tweeted it though. Would show great humility.

Good work and happy returns for the other  Pint
Thank you Smiley

Yes I think RCC went to tweet it but the phone slipped through his hands onto the floor Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 16:37:09 »

Thank you Smiley

Yes I think RCC went to tweet it but the phone slipped through his hands onto the floor Wink

Welcome.

Booom booom! I did tell him that wearing "Magic" gloves from the Flea market were not the kind of sponsors he should be attracting. He took my advice and invested in Flora instead  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 17:19:05 »

Neville southall tweeted that yesterday

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 17:58:06 »

Neville southall tweeted that yesterday

Yeah he did, Max Rushden retweeted it. Tres amuseant whoever made it up!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 17:58:29 »

Think can safely say that the cyclists being quarantined after the UAE Tour was halted mid race are getting bored now.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 18:02:18 »

Yeah he did, Max Rushden retweeted it. Tres amuseant whoever made it up!
Indeed, I take no credit for the joke, but I added RCC to it and changed the words a little as hes a much more useless keeper than Southall ever was and ex Town too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 11:33:16 »

Scientists: you should wash your hands because of Coronavirus.

People: I'm gonna stop flying, hoard masks, work from home & totally rearrange my life.

Also Scientists: the climate crisis will kill millions - we must use clean power & change how we get to work.

Same people: No way.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 13:10:04 »

Problem is I don't think we can afford to be blase about it, or be dismissive of those that are genuinely worried. It does spread faster than the common cold or flu, and it does currently have a higher mortality rate based on reported cases (not including cases that aren't detected), that's going by the number scientists are putting out there on a plethora of non media sites.

I'm not worried about catching the virus as I am 30 and fairly healthy (bar asthma), I could handle it. What I am slightly concerned about is catching it and then giving it to my 88 year old Grandad who survived Shingles, Bowel Cancer, and a stroke in the last 4 years, along with the two major surgeries and as a result has the immune system of a kebab. He catches it and he will not cope well with it and most likely succumb to the disease its causes. Grandma would also not deal with it as she is ill all the time and has the added hardship of dementia and not eating enough.

I think the media are hyping it up a bit, but most countries are making decisions and giving out updated based on facts and scientific evidence. You can't tell me that all these powerful organisations are also buying into the hype the media are creating?

Whats annoying is all the panic buying, but I can understand it as its the human condition to try and increase your odds of survival by preparing. Everyone should always have a few extra days worth of tinned food just incase something happens, not a massive stockpile but enough to get you through a few days.

I will definitely be buying an extra tin of soups or beans on my next shop but not filling up a trolly with a months supply. 
Flashheart

« Reply #159 on: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 13:26:29 »

I'm going to ask the misses to go out and buy a load of food and stuff.

I'm not panicking about the virus, but I'd better at least get something in before everybody else goes on a panic.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 13:33:33 »

There’s a flock of sheep not 50 yards from our door. They won’t miss one!
Flashheart

« Reply #161 on: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 13:40:40 »

I think the media are hyping it up a bit.

I'm restricting my news source on it to the BBC's website and, as shite as they have been in recent months, they are doing a pretty good job of reporting the facts only.

If people are getting their news from the tabloids then they only have themselves to blame. Not that I'm accusing anybody of that, except for those that are.

Has the daily mail managed to blame Muslims yet?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 13:41:03 »

Australia had a serious outbreak of panic buying toilet roll. People were buying literally dozens of rolls, trolleys full. I mean, tissues I could kind of understand but bog roll? WTF?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 13:48:28 »

My best mate was hanging out with his mate from Australia and dropped her off at the airport on Saturday.

She's just tested positive for Coronavirus and he has to be quarantined for two weeks. Hope he doesn't have it as I was at the Scunny game with him on Tuesday!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, March 5, 2020, 14:05:17 »

You probably do - this is what the increased testing is going to show, lots of people do because it's been out and about travelling the world for months.  The mortality rate will drop as a result, but that doesn't mean it's not something to worry about - the impact on the elderly is going to be the thing to watch.  The nursing home in Washington State and the Cruise Ship being good examples of what will happen when those at risk in confined spaces can expect to face once exposed.  For most of us, the Aussie bog roll approach is probably all we'd need to worry about IF we never saw another human being and could transfer it on.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: