Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188395 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 09:17:59 »

We used to have the Corona man come round on a Friday evening with his fizzy pop🥤

I remember him. I wonder what the death rate of that stuff was.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 09:19:24 »

We used to have the Corona man come round on a Friday evening with his fizzy pop🥤
Thursday in Gorse Hill where i grew up, Cherry was my favourite.

As for the virus, I see lots of rumours that it was created in a lab in China coming out on the US press, I doubt we will ever really know the truth. As FH says the unpredicability is the thing with this, it could well mutate yet.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 09:22:19 »

Why do these ‘things’ invariably originate in China? Some suggest it’s their poor animal welfare.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 09:26:18 »

I think the milkman used to bring it around. Fizzy pop and 2 pints of silver top.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 09:54:15 »

Why do these ‘things’ invariably originate in China? Some suggest it’s their poor animal welfare.
When you say "invariably", there's been two - SARS (aka bird flu) and this. But yes both have been ascribed as being due to poor animal welfare, or rather the initial outbreaks have been traced back to poor hygiene/welfare standards in open air livestock markets. Plenty of other such "panic pandemic" diseases that didn't come from China - Ebola and HIV for example more recently, or the "Spanish Flu" pandemic of the 20th century.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:01:10 »

It looks like only a matter of time before Coronavirus makes its way to blighty. But its ok, the US have the cure.

"Trump on Tuesday said the US was “very close” to a coronavirus vaccine, which is at least a year away from being available in the best scenario. The White House later said the president was instead speaking about the Ebola vaccine approved two months ago."

Plank.
Encouragingly, he's now put Mike Pence in charge, a man who's public health policies (or rather lack of as he ignored the public health considerations in favour of ideology) were directly responsible for a widespread HIV outbreak in Indiana when he was governor.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/26/pence-record-on-hiv-crisis-criticized-as-trump-puts-him-in-charge-of-coronovirus/4887566002/

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/how-mike-pence-allowed-the-indiana-hiv-outbreak-to-spread/
So that will all work out fine.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:01:26 »

Spanish flu may have originated in China Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

One of the few regions of the world that were seemingly less affected by the 1918 flu pandemic was China, where there may have been a comparatively mild flu season in 1918 (although this is disputed, see #Less-affected areas). There were relatively few deaths from the flu in China compared to other regions of the world.[24][25] This has led to speculation that the 1918 flu pandemic originated from the country of China itself.[26][27][28][29] The relatively mild flu season and lower rates of flu mortality in China in 1918 may be explained due to the fact that the Chinese population had already possessed acquired immunity to the flu virus.[30] Thus in 1918, China was spared from the worst ravages of the pandemic, due to the apparent greater resistance to the virus among the Chinese population compared to other regions of the world[31][32]

But I get your point regardless.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:02:34 »

https://news.sky.com/story/cdc-which-facial-hair-styles-are-best-for-preventing-coronavirus-spread-11944169
I'm fucked....
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:02:48 »

Im off to Naples start of Aprill. Would the club consider opening up Stratton Bank for me to watch our title run in?

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:09:15 »

I've had a dry tickly cough for a few days now, no shortness of breath though. Well no more than normal.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:10:43 »

My Daughter's class have just returned from a skiing trip to northern Italy, and straight back to school. I'm sure none of them came into contact with the virus, but it's obviously going to be a concern for the next couple of weeks!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:11:30 »

I was in Rome last August.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:18:47 »

Spanish flu may have originated in China Wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu
Bollocks Smiley
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:20:04 »

Anyone can be a carrier of the virus, but they may not get the symptoms til weeks/months down the line.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 10:20:37 »

So this is a disease that could selectively wipe out hipsters? There's an upside to everything Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: