Pages: 1 ... 624 625 626 [627] 628 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1194866 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9390 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 19:30:06 »

Who knew🤔

So, give no fucks
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #9391 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 01:16:54 »

I’d be questioning those base numbers a lot.

1 in 14 people in Swindon went to GWH as “emergency attendances” with heart problems in 2022 alone? Is that what that’s supposed to be saying? I think it is? I’m no medical professional but that seems extraordinarily high. Sum up the 4 years, that’s 1 in 7 going to gwh due to heart issues in the last few years.

Looks more like dodgy data to me.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9392 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 03:34:13 »

He has 2.6 million subscribers and a decent medical background so he must be confident in what he is posting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)

So, give no fucks
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9393 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 07:07:55 »

He has 2.6 million subscribers and a decent medical background so he must be confident in what he is posting.
Or he's enjoying the attention

I started writing a lot more but I think I can summarise as: That wasn't a good use of statistics (and the catchment area link is at least 7 years out of date)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #9394 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 07:57:01 »

Who knew🤔

I didn't know that you watch videos like this.

It looks like he could do with help making his videos - scribbling on paper is a bit rubbish.

WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #9395 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:09:46 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)

Having a decent following and being a doctor doesn’t necessarily make you a good analyst.

If you were digging into these numbers, anyone with any kind of credibility would be looking for data further back to check pre pandemic numbers (was one year pre pandemic representative generally? A few more years data would help) to make better sense of the supposed huge increase in the last few years and questioning whether that was a legit rise or not. Rather than essentially saying ‘here’s a very select set of data that “someone” has given me, look at the increase…hmmm’.

Then you’d sense check those numbers and think “1 in 7 of the population going to hospital for heart trouble in the last few years, does feel right”? As I said, I’m no doctor, but just thinking about the street I live on, has someone from every 3rd household been in hospital for a heart problem recently? Absolutely not. Do people go to hospital at that kind of rate for any reason at all? I really doubt it.

So you’d question those numbers…there’s so many variables in how those kind of things could be counted, collated and reported that you don’t know from that at all, that again, anyone worth their salt would be looking into much more deeply before suggesting anything, first.

I feel the grift is strong with this one.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #9396 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:19:24 »

I assume that watching shit like this stands as 'doing your own research ' which crackpots in town centres encourage us to do
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9397 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:30:31 »

I assume that watching shit like this stands as 'doing your own research ' which crackpots in town centres encourage us to do

Why not pass on the thread then if you're not happy or maybe post something alternative yourself to try and make the forum more interesting rather constantly critising my content which some might find it Interesting. Whether his content is factual or not I have no idea but I'm sure he's contactable if you want to doubt what he's saying.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9398 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:32:42 »

Having a decent following and being a doctor doesn’t necessarily make you a good analyst.

If you were digging into these numbers, anyone with any kind of credibility would be looking for data further back to check pre pandemic numbers (was one year pre pandemic representative generally? A few more years data would help) to make better sense of the supposed huge increase in the last few years and questioning whether that was a legit rise or not. Rather than essentially saying ‘here’s a very select set of data that “someone” has given me, look at the increase…hmmm’.

Then you’d sense check those numbers and think “1 in 7 of the population going to hospital for heart trouble in the last few years, does feel right”? As I said, I’m no doctor, but just thinking about the street I live on, has someone from every 3rd household been in hospital for a heart problem recently? Absolutely not. Do people go to hospital at that kind of rate for any reason at all? I really doubt it.

So you’d question those numbers…there’s so many variables in how those kind of things could be counted, collated and reported that you don’t know from that at all, that again, anyone worth their salt would be looking into much more deeply before suggesting anything, first.

I feel the grift is strong with this one.

Like you I find the data hard to believe but he'd be foolish to spout a load of information which wasn't factual.

So, give no fucks
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9399 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:45:16 »

The data can both be factual and be misleading due to it lacking any context.
As Webber says - a single year isn't a baseline.

The data he's shown leads people to "just ask questions", which isn't inherently bad but just leaves a void to be filled with conspiracy.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:51:36 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #9400 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:45:32 »

Why not pass on the thread then if you're not happy or maybe post something alternative yourself to try and make the forum more interesting rather constantly critising my content which some might find it Interesting. Whether his content is factual or not I have no idea but I'm sure he's contactable if you want to doubt what he's saying.

You are a sensitive lad/lass.  I wasnt specifically referring to you.

Is it your content? Are you the person in the video?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #9401 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:04:31 »

did he say that Swindon people don't get heart disease from wagon wheels and His Majesty's Revenue and Customs like us to give yellow cards?
I would say that his data analysis is a bit soft and he needs to put his figures into context
Otherwise, good effort, 6/10
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #9402 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:06:13 »

I thought he said HMRC . Could not be arsed to rewind to check. I hope he has his tax returns in hand
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #9403 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:17:16 »

Doing your own research doesn’t make you a crackpot though. I’m more concerned that all information presented to us only comes from government approved sources and anything else is shouted down, removed from social media sites or simply branded as tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #9404 on: Saturday, January 7, 2023, 12:56:36 »

But what does that research consist of ? I have had many chats with people who when pressed admit that their research consisted of watching a YouTube video. 
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 626 [627] 628 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: