Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 65794 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 17:59:46 »

classic game of two halves. We dominated the first, them the second.

that said we had loads of changes, their keeper made a couple of good saves and plus the defender clearing one of the line.

disappointed not to win, but not too down
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 18:05:28 »

We've a nasty looking run of games coming up in Jan.... a lot could go wrong.
A lot could go wrong?  You bet.  We are top of the League at Xmas, Scrooge.  How cheering for you that it can't actually get better?

Three points clear and winless against the higher placed sides and an opportunity to improve on our record.  Hooray!

Where you see a nasty run of games coming up, I'm sure others will join me in seeing a tasty run of games coming up.

COYR!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 18:25:51 »

Conceding 95 min equaliser always feels like a loss.

Not sure about relevance of the "not beaten a top team" factor.  After a few games sure, but we've played 22.  if we're top and not doing well against top teams then our record against bottom half teams must be well ahead of anyone else.

The points aren't weighted, they all count the same.  If we achieve the same results, good and bad, against the same teams in the reverse 22 fixtures then we'll be promoted.

And the remaining team left to play twice (Port Vale?) are hardly a team setting the world on fire.

Annoying but we're still well clear of Cheltenham in 4th. My only gripe was that the goal was scored when game should have finished - where did the 5 minutes come from?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 18:28:50 »

From what I have checked upon, Swindon Town have NEVER topped any division at Christmas since the war.

That on its own is enough to at least celebrate a bit.

This  Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 18:28:54 »

We've a nasty looking run of games coming up in Jan.... a lot could go wrong.
Well here's hoping Reg
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 18:30:21 »

Shit happens.  

Indeed. I'm very happy with Wellens and (If the squad survives January unscathed) believe we'll win the league.

However, I reserve the right to be pissed off at a 95th minute equaliser.  :-)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 18:37:19 »

Yes of course we are but many of our fans are never happy and wont be even if we won the Premier League.

We are top of the league on merit, it doesnt matter who the fuck you beat as long as you beat more teams than anyone else, doesn't matter if we never beat any of the top 6 teams as long as we beat almost all of the rest, which we have done.

Not rocket science, 23 teams, if we dont beat the top 6 that still leaves 17 other teams, if we win 90% of those (which we have sop far) and draw a fair few against the rest then we will still win the league.

We are 3 points clear at Christmas, thats an amazing record for a team tipped for a struggle by a few posters this season.

Under PdC in the championship winning side of 2011-12 we were sat in 5th place, 9 points behind Crawley, who were also promoted in 3rd place that season.

Under Macari in 85 when we won this league, we were in 2nd place at Christmas.

Under McMahon when we won L1, at Christmas we were in 2nd place on goal difference.

From what I have checked upon, Swindon Town have NEVER topped any division at Christmas since the war.

That on its own is enough to at least celebrate a bit.

Very much this....it's been shit for a few seasons now.

Williams relegation very nearly destroyed my love for this club.....

So let's have a beer and enjoy being top at Xmas!

Clems Army!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 18:44:31 »

Can't win them all, so no problem with the result.

Hope "that's ruined my Christmas" man gets home ok, takes a deep breath and can appreciate the bigger picture.

Regardless of what happens in January, a magnificent effort from Doyle and massive credit to the team so far.

Nice rendition of The Red Flag at Stroud station as well.

A happy festive season to all.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #308 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 18:56:25 »

Williams relegation very nearly destroyed my love for this club.....

Flitcroft nearly did that for me. I don't think I've disliked anybody in football as much as that tosser. (except for Steve McMahon)

The good times have been sparse in recent years. If you can't enjoy being 3 points clear at christmas then what's the point.

We should win the next 2, form suggests we will. This should hopefully mean we open the gap further before some tougher games.

FUCK YEAH!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 19:24:49 »

Ultimately no team in the bottom half can live with us and Ecotricity couldn’t in the first half either.  Carry on as we are and we’ll be well clear in the autos come the end of the season.

The winning run has come to an end without it being to a defeat which isn’t a bad thing. We probably needed something like this to stop us getting complacent.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 19:31:36 »

We cant win every game, and i'd rather it to a draw than a last minute loss. Nice feeling knowing 23 other sides would swap places with us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 19:33:00 »

The good times have been sparse in recent years. If you can't enjoy being 3 points clear at christmas then what's the point.

Clearly the point is to be 3 points clear in at the end of the first week of May... being 3 points clear is nice, but doesn't mean anything as such.

Wellens put the draw down to complacency, which sadly looks like something infecting plenty on here.... for all what we've done so far will count for fuck all if we can't back it up, with similarly impressive resuts over the next few weeks.

To do that we're going to have to up our game against the likes of Bradford, Plymuff, Crewe, Newport, ColU, Exeter and Cobblers, all of whom come up in Jan early Feb.  I'll wait until we've got that lot  out of the way before perhaps getting over excited.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 19:40:39 »

So, let me get this right. You won’t enjoy virtually a whole season until we have actually won promotion? You get no enjoyment out of individual games and performances that make up a season?

No doubt when the day comes that we do get promoted you’ll start bemoaning our chances next season and what a struggle it’ll be and how Power won’t finance anything.

You’re a joyless soul, Reg.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 19:45:40 »

Wellens put the draw down to complacency, which sadly looks like something infecting plenty on here.

I'll wait until we've got that lot  out of the way before perhaps getting over excited.
Show me one person getting complacent about us? we are just fucking enjoying being top of the league on merit at the half way point of the season.

Show me somebody getting over excited about us being top? I think every poster has said what we are all thinking, its good to be top at xmas so lets appreciate where we are and not just be a miserable old fart. You always twist things to suit your argument and its draining with your utter negativity and cynicism with all things Swindon Town FC.

You would fall into a bucket of boobs and come out sucking your thumb.

I for one am enjoying us being top however long that is for and nobody is getting over excited at all they are just being something that is known as being optimistic. Look the word up and try and use it.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 19:56:37 »

Just got back.

From ASDA.

I notice the resident crab apple and lemon sucker has taken time out from counting out the pieces of coal in the fireplace to espouse the frailties in this seasons so far extremely, enjoyable and rewarding campaign.

I’d piss myself if the club did a Vincent Tann and changed the club colours from Red to blue, give him something to really moan about. I don’t know about fly fishing by J R Hartley more like fan baiting by I Reelemin.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 21:00:03 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: