Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 65823 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 20:04:07 »

Clearly the point is to be 3 points clear in at the end of the first week of May... being 3 points clear is nice, but doesn't mean anything as such.

Wellens put the draw down to complacency, which sadly looks like something infecting plenty on here.... for all what we've done so far will count for fuck all if we can't back it up, with similarly impressive resuts over the next few weeks.

To do that we're going to have to up our game against the likes of Bradford, Plymuff, Crewe, Newport, ColU, Exeter and Cobblers, all of whom come up in Jan early Feb.  I'll wait until we've got that lot  out of the way before perhaps getting over excited. moving the goalposts again.

Fixed it. Merry Christmas...I'm sure you know the story about the Three Ghosts of Christmas  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 20:12:19 »

So, let me get this right. You won’t enjoy virtually a whole season until we have actually won promotion? You get no enjoyment out of individual games and performances that make up a season?

No doubt when the day comes that we do get promoted you’ll start bemoaning our chances next season and what a struggle it’ll be and how Power won’t finance anything.

You’re a joyless soul, Reg.

No you're wrong... if you read my stuff you'll see I always say a win should be celebrated and a sometimes even a draw if the circumstances allow... I don't think today particularly does.

However unlike yourself, who posts ridiculous bollocks, how we'll piss this, piss that and nothing can gainsay that.... I take a more realistic approach. It's that simple.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 20:17:33 »

Just had some feeling that we’d draw today and the winning run would come to an end. Disappointing way way to drop points, but the fact we still had the lions share of the game and chances still satisfies me. How that backpass wasn’t given i’ll never know. Fairplay to Fish for bagging a couple against his hometown club.

Not sure why there’s so much focus on this winning against the top 10 bollocks. I’ll happily take draws against our promotion rivals and beating the lesser teams. In recent seasons we’ve been generally quite decent against the better sides in the league and dogshit against the absolute dross, which has got us precisely nowhere.

Something for everyone, maybe, on reflection. Reg can enjoy his Christmas doom-wank whilst the rest of us can be content with sitting 3 points clear and the unbeaten stretch continuing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 20:18:15 »

Just got back.

From ASDA.

I notice the resident crab apple and lemon sucker has taken time out from counting out the pieces of coal in the fireplace to espouse the frailties in this seasons so far extremel, enjoyable and rewarding campaign.

I’d piss myself if the club did a Vincent Tann and changed the club colours from Red to blue, give him something to really moan about. I don’t know about fly fishing by J R Hartley more like fan baiting by I Reelemin.

So you're another one to unblock then....  interestingly it was your good self who observed the potentially pivotal nature of Jan/ early Feb, a good point well made, you should try sticking to that rather than petty abuse when someone agrees with you.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 20:34:22 »

As Scunthorpe won today that means we can say we beat another current top half team? That’s how these stats work yh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 20:36:29 »

Oh and congrats to Eoin Doyle on becoming the 17th different player in my time to achieve a 20 goal season. The first loan player to do it and the first to do it before half way through the season, quite extraordinary.  Further only one other player Paul Rideout scored 20 in a Div 4 season (exactly) so ED already has the record of most goals scored in a Div 4 season, even if Bradford have him back in Jan.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 20:48:13 »

I would say the way Doyle has played/is playing for us, is not only a man enjoying his football but also (having read the pretty insightful article) playing for a contract and a longer term of security.

Personally, I'd be happy to offer Eoin Doyle a 3yr (2.5yr) deal with an option of an extended year.  For all he has done for Town so far has been, as Reg says '...quite extraordinary.'

Long may it continue and the club can see the value in Doyle. He's got us on the verge of looking like finally getting us out of this division.

Sláinte mhaith  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 20:50:43 »

Ever since the abject humiliation of Reg’s mob and their esteemed leader last Thursday he has seemingly been on a mission to replicate Jezza’s utterly bizarre performance in the commons this week.

From the comparison of McCormick and Charles-Cook to the Scrooge esque comments following today’s match - I am glad to see he is in the Christmas spirit!

Reg Smeeton - the miserable old bastard gift that just keeps on giving.

Have a good evening all - we are top of the league Pint
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 21:07:41 »

I would say the way Doyle has played/is playing for us, is not only a man enjoying his football but also (having read the pretty insightful article) playing for a contract and a longer term of security.

Personally, I'd be happy to offer Eoin Doyle a 3yr (2.5yr) deal with an option of an extended year.  For all he has done for Town so far has been, as Reg says '...quite extraordinary.'

Long may it continue and the club can see the value in Doyle. He's got us on the verge of looking like finally getting us out of this division.

Sláinte mhaith  Pint
Having read just about every article going, every Doyle quote and everything posted on here and the Bantams forum on the subject, I will be utterly shocked if we don't sign Doyle on a perm after the 4th Jan...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 21:27:09 »

Having read just about every article going, every Doyle quote and everything posted on here and the Bantams forum on the subject, I will be utterly shocked if we don't sign Doyle on a perm after the 4th Jan...

As long as we don't sign Mrs Doyle, with a perm then I totally agree.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 21:43:32 »

Ever since the abject humiliation of Reg’s mob and their esteemed leader last Thursday he has seemingly been on a mission to replicate Jezza’s utterly bizarre performance in the commons this week.

From the comparison of McCormick and Charles-Cook to the Scrooge esque comments following today’s match - I am glad to see he is in the Christmas spirit!

Reg Smeeton - the miserable old bastard gift that just keeps on giving.

Have a good evening all - we are top of the league Pint

Only thing more tedious than Reg's pessimism is the fucking politics thread so please don't pollute the rest of the boards with that shit you moron.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 21:52:33 »

Only thing more tedious than Reg's pessimism is the fucking politics thread
100 fucking per cent  Yes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, December 22, 2019, 00:16:21 »

100 fucking per cent  Yes

If you don't like a thread don't bother with it.... it's quite simple. There's several threads on here which have been going for years like the TV thread (don't watch) games games games (don't play).  No idea what gets talked about in there, but wouldn't criticise anybody who wants to post their opinion, just because it's of no interest to me.  I find that attitude strange.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, December 22, 2019, 00:43:32 »

If you don't like a thread don't bother with it.... it's quite simple. There's several threads on here which have been going for years like the TV thread (don't watch) games games games (don't play).  No idea what gets talked about in there, but wouldn't criticise anybody who wants to post their opinion, just because it's of no interest to me.  I find that attitude strange.

Cheesy the irony. funny enough a lot of threads get derailed...and go on for pages and pages of random shit which has nothing to do with the thread.

hence creation of- The Reg Smeeton Memorial Community Engagement Thread
and More Reg shit.
like the 'Bradford view on Doyle' with where mates grew up and which pubs are good. (not you that time)

99% i only click on the football chat as thats what i want to read
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, December 22, 2019, 01:13:50 »

No you're wrong... if you read my stuff you'll see I always say a win should be celebrated and a sometimes even a draw if the circumstances allow... I don't think today particularly does.

However unlike yourself, who posts ridiculous bollocks, how we'll piss this, piss that and nothing can gainsay that.... I take a more realistic approach. It's that simple.
Reg, you’re missing my point. Every man Jack on this forum knows well enough things could turn to shit at any time, God knows it’s happened often enough. Injuries, suspensions, Tory-induced black water fever, but being told after every game that the wheels could come off, which you describe as reality, is a real downer.

Even when the stats you seem to like quoting are going in our favour, you still post like some giant wet blanket, dampening down expectations, protecting us poor things from the grim reality of STFC’s ability to fuck things up.

Some of us haven’t got a huge amount of seasons to go.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: