Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191361 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 10:58:56 »

I see Preston have numerous tickets still available and the cheaper option at £30 why are ours then starting at £40? Plus they haven't offered the top tier cheap ones.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 11:00:42 by skiptotheLouMacari » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 11:04:27 »

What a load of bollocks, it's more than double our a average attendance and is reflective of the true size of the club. About 20k is about as high as our support will ever get even with a prolonged period in the Championship, our crowds weren't even that great in the Prem.  The Millwall match was the novelty of the first time at the new Wembley and the Chesterfield game was boosted by cheaper tickets and the Di Canio feel good effect so hardly surprising we are down compared to them.
You really need to get off your high horse and stop this superfan rubbish and criticising anyone who has other priorities or a life outside of Swindon Town FC.  When you combine this with boardroom power struggles, negative news stories and a damp squib end to the season it's hardly surprising there's some apathy. For the record I'm going but with the trains, shit kick-off time etc it's a right ballache so can understand people not bothering.

Your throwaway comment about Boro is nonsense too, hardly surprising they sold out sharpish they are now a considerably bigger club than us and were averaging 30k in the Premier League not that long ago so hardly a like for like comparison. Also no matter how you spin it the Championship play-off final is far more high profile so is always going to attract a lot more people.

So why are we down 11,000 fans then ?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 11:07:23 »

I'd say prices, kick-off time, trains, no Wembley novelty factor, previous bad experiences and all the off-field issues when combined explain quite a lot. I seem to remember that we actually only sold about 29k for the JPT so only around 7k down. In reality it's just a lot of the day trippers not going as they've now been there, done that and not enjoyed the experience.

Can't argue against that but 11,000 is a lot of people.
Just disappointing. However come the day won't make any difference, particularly with Preston not selling out either. However their journey is far more challenging than ours.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 11:10:57 »

I agree with some of your comments theakston, but I don't think 20k will always be our natural limit for a Wembley visit.

it's possible to grow the club. others have managed it from historically shit attendances (reading, Swansea), but it would take massive investment in infrastructure and team to try and do so. And there are no guarantees.

not sure where a sugar daddy would come from, but I live in hope rather than expectation.

Agree Batch and you can add a few clubs to Swansea, Reading and Middlesbrough are two who over years have doubled their attendances are stable with them.
I always live in hope that we follow however we have had more off field problems to contend with more than most.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 11:27:59 »

They've now opened up just blocks 102 and 103. I guess these are the 250 tickets.
So I could have got the seats I wanted if I'd waited until now.  What an utter load of crap.  Considering my tickets haven't turned up yet, I wonder if I could change them..........!

Also Preston tickets have only gone on general sale today, so I don't understand why ours have been taken off.  Do they use a different ticket agent?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 11:34:11 »

So I could have got the seats I wanted if I'd waited until now.  What an utter load of crap.  Considering my tickets haven't turned up yet, I wonder if I could change them..........!

Also Preston tickets have only gone on general sale today, so I don't understand why ours have been taken off.  Do they use a different ticket agent?

I don't think you can, and yes they do.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 11:37:35 »

Yes they use see tickets, and to rub salt in they have released a load of £30 tickets.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 11:59:36 »

If Preston have the £30 tickets on sale now then 21k/22k or whatever they are at must be the barrier at when the cheaper seats go on sale.

We probably didn't even notice this happened vs Millwall with such a buzz around our first trip to the new wembley and with no train issues issues, better kick off time, etc. we sold that 21k/22k so quickly that it opened the cheap ones up for the fence sitters to latch on to. Getting over that barrier quickly is likely the difference between selling an extra 8k or so. Remember we only had 28k vs Chesterfield and tickets were cheaper.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #803 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 12:09:09 »

If tickets were only £10 we'd definitely sell out our allocation.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #804 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 12:09:33 »

If there were trains running from Swindon, we'd have sold more tickets.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 12:09:54 »

There's no doubt swindon have a good number of fans who are not fanatical.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #806 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 12:10:02 »

If this was played at the Millennium Stadium, nobody would be going to Wembley.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 12:10:59 »

If this was played at the Millennium Stadium, nobody would be going to Wembley.

Ralphy might.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #808 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 12:14:41 »

Ralphy might.

Rubbish turnout. We've taken over 30,000 before.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #809 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 12:15:25 »

If this aids fest of a thread keeps going there will be more pages than Swindon supporters at Wembley
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: