Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191366 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 07:56:57 »

Still doesn't explain why we're 11,000 down this time though does it..
I'd say prices, kick-off time, trains, no Wembley novelty factor, previous bad experiences and all the off-field issues when combined explain quite a lot. I seem to remember that we actually only sold about 29k for the JPT so only around 7k down. In reality it's just a lot of the day trippers not going as they've now been there, done that and not enjoyed the experience.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:07:28 »

What a load of bollocks, it's more than double our a average attendance and is reflective of the true size of the club. About 20k is about as high as our support will ever get even with a prolonged period in the Championship, our crowds weren't even that great in the Prem.  The Millwall match was the novelty of the first time at the new Wembley and the Chesterfield game was boosted by cheaper tickets and the Di Canio feel good effect so hardly surprising we are down compared to them.
You really need to get off your high horse and stop this superfan rubbish and criticising anyone who has other priorities or a life outside of Swindon Town FC.  When you combine this with boardroom power struggles, negative news stories and a damp squib end to the season it's hardly surprising there's some apathy. For the record I'm going but with the trains, shit kick-off time etc it's a right ballache so can understand people not bothering.

Your throwaway comment about Boro is nonsense too, hardly surprising they sold out sharpish they are now a considerably bigger club than us and were averaging 30k in the Premier League not that long ago so hardly a like for like comparison. Also no matter how you spin it the Championship play-off final is far more high profile so is always going to attract a lot more people.

Great post.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:24:16 »

My tickets came yesterday after ordering them on Thursday. Obligatory photo posted to social media.

I too noticed there was no difference in the concessions tickets, having said that if we win not the slightest fuck will be given.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:31:49 »

My tickets came yesterday after ordering them on Thursday. Obligatory photo posted to social media.

I too noticed there was no difference in the concessions tickets, having said that if we win not the slightest fuck will be given.

That's actually the law, isn't it?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:36:45 »

There's a thing from Norwich on fb, warning people not to put photos of tickets on social media or if you do, blur out the barcodes because apparently scam artists can copy your tickets if the barcodes are showing. Or just take a shit photo like I normally do and they won't be able to see fuck all
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #770 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:37:10 »

That's actually the law, isn't it?
It is indeed as I did with mine, and yes saw yours Bewster Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:42:20 »

the Di Canio feel good effect
No
You really need to get off your high horse and stop this superfan rubbish and criticising anyone who has other priorities or a life outside of Swindon Town FC.  
Yes
a damp squib end to the season
No
Your throwaway comment about Boro is nonsense too
Yes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:42:47 »

I clearly don't follow as many of you as I thought on Twitter... that or it was all posted on Facebook Smiley

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:44:15 »

There's a thing from Norwich on fb, warning people not to put photos of tickets on social media or if you do, blur out the barcodes because apparently scam artists can copy your tickets if the barcodes are showing. Or just take a shit photo like I normally do and they won't be able to see fuck all

So we could get an extra 10k turning up after all?  Banana

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #774 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:44:52 »

I clearly don't follow as many of you as I thought on Twitter... that or it was all posted on Facebook Smiley
Mine and Bewsters were fb's.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:50:09 »

I agree with some of your comments theakston, but I don't think 20k will always be our natural limit for a Wembley visit.

it's possible to grow the club. others have managed it from historically shit attendances (reading, Swansea), but it would take massive investment in infrastructure and team to try and do so. And there are no guarantees.

not sure where a sugar daddy would come from, but I live in hope rather than expectation.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:50:37 »

Mine and Bewsters were fb's.

Well that explains it!

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:51:59 »

I agree with some of your comments theakston, but I don't think 20k will always be our natural limit for a Wembley visit.

it's possible to grow the club. others have managed it from historically shit attendances (reading, Swansea), but it would take massive investment in infrastructure and team to try and do so. And there are no guarantees.

not sure where a sugar daddy would come from, but I live in hope rather than expectation.

Exactly, it's possible, but we are about where we should be based on the infrastructure we currently have.

That and the aforementioned KO time/travel issue.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #778 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:53:42 »

Well that explains it!
Sent a request on fb.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 08:55:26 »

Sent a request on fb.

Gotcha!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: