Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191395 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 11:40:30 »

Definitely nowhere near as much as the last two Wembley visits.  Power will be moaning if we don't take more than 20,000, but maybe he needs to give the club a kick up the ass re marketing.
[/quote]

Jed would've rallied 120,000 to go.

Power out.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 11:41:41 »

Definitely nowhere near as much as the last two Wembley visits.  Power will be moaning if we don't take more than 20,000, but maybe he needs to give the club a kick up the ass re marketing.

Jed would've rallied 120,000 to go.

Power out.

Smiley Jed would have had big screens in the Wembley car park with extra seats or bribed people to go with a free bar!
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #587 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 11:47:24 »

I just dont get why they would withhold £30 tickets surely if they can see sales have slowed right down then opening these blocks makes sense I spoke to 2 people yesterday who go now and again but wont pay over £30 for a ticket.

This would assume that the Football League/Wembley (a) are competent, and (b) care.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 11:52:04 »

I didn't think any had been released at all, but somebody seemed to think there were some initially.  They obviously went pretty quickly, probably before tickets went on general sale.

There was some £30 ones left at general sale but went very quickly. I looked at Prestons sales they are pretty much like ours maybe a few more and theirs haven't gone on general release yet. There is no marketing from the club they've banged the advertiser from any press conferences so they can't be blamed for not encouraging more ticket sales. The club needs to help itself get something to entice families to attend a promotion towards next season if you attend freebies for kids anything to get younger kids to pester the family in going. The season has finished have the marketing team gone on holiday?
Panda Paws

« Reply #589 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 11:54:46 »

Devils advocate and everything.... why would the club spend time and money using their tiny office staff promoting an event that they receive a small slice of revenue from? Anyone who might go isn't going to be swayed by a half-pag ad in the Adver or a facebook post are they.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 11:59:02 »

Devils advocate and everything.... why would the club spend time and money using their tiny office staff promoting an event that they receive a small slice of revenue from? Anyone who might go isn't going to be swayed by a half-pag ad in the Adver or a facebook post are they.

But the club receive a hefty pay out due to reaching Wembley and as stated before if we perform this time that might encourage more people to return throughout the season. Plus more fans more noise willing the team to victory were a big enough town to have a bigger following. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:03:26 »

Come on, this is a playoff final on the back of a 5-5 drawn that received massive national coverage.

Marketing is not needed, a complete and utter waste of time, money and effort.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:11:35 »

Come on, this is a playoff final on the back of a 5-5 drawn that received massive national coverage.

Marketing is not needed, a complete and utter waste of time, money and effort.

But something needs to be done, we could be in the Championship next season.
Panda Paws

« Reply #593 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:14:48 »

But something needs to be done

Why? Anyone who wants to go and can go will go.

I think people completely forget how tiny the back office team at a football club is, and how much they'll have to do this week. The last thing they're going to do is hand out flyers, or the digitial equivalent, to something that's already being covered pillar to post in every local media outlet, and nationally.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:20:23 »

I'm almost certain that every Swindon fan knows this is on..

I'm not sure the promise of a free pasty at half time if bought before 1PM at one game next season is going to entice those who don't fancy it, or can't go..

1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:28:14 »

So has anyone actually got their tickets yet? Ordered mine last Tuesday but the postman has just been and another day without tickets being delivered. Surely they should have arrived by now considering how much postage was!?
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:30:53 »

I'm almost certain that every Swindon fan knows this is on..

I'm not sure the promise of a free pasty at half time if bought before 1PM at one game next season is going to entice those who don't fancy it, or can't go..

No you're quite right a halftime pasty wouldnt convince many but for a town of this size why are sales so bloody low?  I'm not into marketing so what is needed is beyond me
pbannist

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:40:07 »

4 X adult and 1x child tickets for sale at face value, genuine sale
 Cat B tickets £62/31 block 218. may split.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:43:03 »

No you're quite right a halftime pasty wouldnt convince many but for a town of this size why are sales so bloody low?  I'm not into marketing so what is needed is beyond me

Difficult one really because; say (for arguments sake) we sell 21,000, that's three times the amout of home fans we have at most league games. In many other sports this would be deemed a success.

Although, I'm surprised that if we were to 'only' take 21,000, that's only 2/3's of what we've taken on the last two occasions. Which, I'm sure people will agree, is amazing when you think the JPT is less important than the PO final. Could this be solely down to the fact that the team never turned up on the other two occasions? Is it through fear that divot in the 18 yard box on the west side of the ground hasn't been mended yet?

As previously stated, I can't make it, but I have other commitments that are taking priority, are the other 12,000 in the same boat?

Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 12:44:52 »

But something needs to be done, we could be in the Championship next season.

The lack of cheap tickets being made available has taken its toll on our sales. Sure, they made some £30 seats availed but now its too little too late. SAS travel are not taking anymore coach bookings and there's no trains from Swindon. The average floating supporter will now think its not worth the effort and watch it on tv instead. Who can blame them.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: