Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191386 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:21:54 »

My old fellas not going this time. Mainly due to the fact he's 73 and cant manage the drive from the west coast of wales anymore. He'll be delighted he's not a proper fan anymore after 60 years.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:22:29 »

Similar situation. I said the the Mrs that for the three of us it will be £200 all in. She said that's four meals out in the summer holidays. I can't argue with her, hell £200 will buy a Greek Island!
Fully respect your choice but unsurprisingly a lot on here do value seeing Town in a play off final that will define a great season more than any other individual game in it.

4 picnics inc 4 rounds of sandwiches and 4 beers - £40

4 meals out on holiday                                       - £200

8 full price tickets at a CAT A at the CG               - £200

4 memories of Play Off victory* at Wembley         - Priceless

* with luck!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:24:10 »

I'm not going because Wembley is shit and there's no trains. Couldn't give a toss if this makes me a bad fan in other peoples eyes.

Not less of a fan, just sad you can't be arsed and that as a wider fan base many people seem to feel the same.

To be honest I reckon most of us said we were never going back after the JPT...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:37:12 »

You do have to consider that effect of the last 2. I've spent about £400 on the last 2 visits and not seen us have a shot on target, let alone a goal. Gonna be a bastard to work out who is the jinx...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:40:39 »

I'm going to have to disagree with a number of the comments/views expressed in the last few pages of this thread.  The pricing policy decided by Wembley Stadium plc (or whatever they're called) turns attending this game in to a luxury purchase for most.  Getting a family of 4 to this game - incl ticket price, travel, food & drink - will cost between £300 & £400 for the day.  And all for a game that you can watch in the pub for free anyway.

If anyone thinks that football is still 'the people's game', here's your proof that it is not.  Wembley's owners will have priced thousands of our fans out of attending with these ridiculous ticket prices.  Times are still hard and while Swindon is a good place to find a job, many of those jobs provide modest incomes.  A lot of our fans will simply not have the disposable income to be able to spend that kind of money on a day out at the football.

So if we do see a sharp drop in the number of seats filled by Swindon fans at Wembley this time around, it won't be because 10,000 of us have simultaneously decided that we don't give a #### any more.  The number of people on here willing to question the motivations of folk they don't even know is astonishing, and misguided.

The reason for the drop in the attendance will be much simpler: the cost.  People know when they're being ripped off.  If the owners of Wembley are smart, they will sit up and listen.  And maybe, in future, they will start charging a reasonable price for games like these that the working man can afford.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:41:31 »

Listen, everyone has the choice to go or not. I'd not decry anyone who decided not to go if I was, equally others who are going should not decry me or others for our decision not to go either. I hope the outcome for us is positive but the club will survive and I'll be back next season all be it in a limited capacity, but back never the less which is more than I can say for the surplus of fans over 8000......if we don't go up.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:41:40 »

My old fellas not going this time. Mainly due to the fact he's 73 and cant manage the drive from the west coast of wales anymore. He'll be delighted he's not a proper fan anymore after 60 years.

If you were a "proper" fan you'd go and fetch him on the Saturday, pay for his beers on the Sunday and give him a lift home on the Monday. Easy. :-)
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:43:12 by Paolo69 » Logged
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:44:17 »

All this talk about being a 'proper fan' is embarrassing. Everyone has their own reasons behind not going nobody else on here has the authority to be judgemental.

All we can say is "personally I'm doing X because ..." and if someone on here doesn't like it, who gives a crap. Yeah, we may have to put up with a bit of crap from other fans on Twitter or whatnot for a while but we get that anyway so nothing new there.

Just feel bad for my mate (who helped paint the Fjortoft banner and sort the streamers out at Bramall Lane) who is at a festival in Bristol and will be watching from a pub in Slaver country!

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:52:11 »

Just booked some parking near Wembley (half the price of actual Wembley) was pleased at how easy it was!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 19:52:41 »

Could be less than 47000 which was the conference final today's playoff attendance. We won't make 25000
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 20:05:54 »

I'm going to have to disagree with a number of the comments/views expressed in the last few pages of this thread.  The pricing policy decided by Wembley Stadium plc (or whatever they're called) turns attending this game in to a luxury purchase for most.  Getting a family of 4 to this game - incl ticket price, travel, food & drink - will cost between £300 & £400 for the day.  And all for a game that you can watch in the pub for free anyway.

If anyone thinks that football is still 'the people's game', here's your proof that it is not.  Wembley's owners will have priced thousands of our fans out of attending with these ridiculous ticket prices.  Times are still hard and while Swindon is a good place to find a job, many of those jobs provide modest incomes.  A lot of our fans will simply not have the disposable income to be able to spend that kind of money on a day out at the football.

So if we do see a sharp drop in the number of seats filled by Swindon fans at Wembley this time around, it won't be because 10,000 of us have simultaneously decided that we don't give a #### any more.  The number of people on here willing to question the motivations of folk they don't even know is astonishing, and misguided.

The reason for the drop in the attendance will be much simpler: the cost.  People know when they're being ripped off.  If the owners of Wembley are smart, they will sit up and listen.  And maybe, in future, they will start charging a reasonable price for games like these that the working man can afford.
I agree with your comments and  new Wembley is soulless
However MY team is playing at Wembley for a chance in xxxx years to play in the championship in a one off game everything to win or lose so I have to take my tribe and think of 1990 and 1993 and we will win I am sure of it(as sure as I will win the lottery and buy the club)
By the way my youngest was playing at beaversbrook today Swindon were training their and look good
Sam ricketts was running some of the training
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 20:12:39 »

I am indeed, just working on drinking holes, I have a feeling it will be Marylebone area.

I'll be coming into Kings X or down the Victoria from Tottenham Hale.

Let me know where you end up and I'll come and say hello
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 20:21:46 »

A proper fan puts a playoff final before a couple of meals out! your kids will remember a playoff final experience, not a shit meal in bella Italia!

A proper person puts his family first.

To some that means taking them to Wembley, to some it means taking them on holiday.

Great if you can do both, but if you can't then holiday probably takes precedence - in my humble opinion
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 20:24:35 »

A proper person puts his family first.

To some that means taking them to Wembley, to some it means taking them on holiday.

Great if you can do both, but if you can't then holiday probably takes precedence - in my humble opinion

Finally, someone can understand it.
kerry red

« Reply #539 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 20:26:07 »

Preston are just the same as us - they have sold 18,200.

They have a fucking worse travelling scenario than us and have 9 PO disasters behind them.

It doesn't matter how many go and how many decide not to - all that matters is fucking winning!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: