Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boxing  (Read 108895 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 12:47:56 »

I agree, he’s not looked as good as he once was, but the only person he hasn’t beat is the best boxer in the world.

Usky?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 12:51:08 »

Usky?

Correct
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 13:08:53 »

Was surprised you called him pound for pound #1, that's all.  Fury destroys him IMO (unfortunately).

edit: Unless you are referring to some official ranking (i.e. #1 challenger)- in which case I stand corrected.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 13:17:59 »

No, he’s P4P number 1 in my opinion. Also think the Fury fight is closer than people think. He’s technically better than Fury in my opinion, it’s whether the size comes in to play.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 13:29:54 »

Fair enough. I like boxing but as you are probably suspecting I know shit!
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 13:38:47 »

I really don’t agree he’s over rated, he’s beaten everyone he’s been in a ring with except the pound for pound number 1.

Klitscho, Whyte, Ruiz, Franklin, Parker, Pulev, Povetkin.
They’re not mugs are they?

I agree, he’s not looked as good as he once was, but the only person he hasn’t beat is the best boxer in the world.

Klitschko at the end of his career (and still nearly knocked AJ out). Whyte not really done anything of note since the AJ fight, lost to Ruiz then beat a very undisciplined Ruiz 2.0 in the rematch, Franklin was a roofer last year, Parker fight was a stinker, Pulev Povetkin both good scalps but again, very much in the twilight of their careers. His resume is really not that great, all things considered.

How do you think he fairs against Wilder? Obviously the man is a pretty atrocious boxer, but he has insane natural power and the only man who has beaten him is Fury. Wilder would ko him with the first right he lands, imo.

As for Usyk v Fury, I don’t think it’s an attractive matchup, style wise. They are both very good technical boxers, but Fury has the big size advantage. I could see it being a hug fest. Usyk, while not my p4p number 1, is definitely top five though. Great fighter.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 13:47:58 »

I really don’t agree he’s over rated, he’s beaten everyone he’s been in a ring with except the pound for pound number 1.

Klitscho, Whyte, Ruiz, Franklin, Parker, Pulev, Povetkin.
They’re not mugs are they?

A few years back he was being hailed as the next big thing in boxing. Whilst I agree he's up and around the top 5 heavyweights in the world, there's a huge gap between Fury/Usyk to Wilder, then to everyone else. Joshua won against Franklin largely because he had a much longer reach and jabbed the hell out of him and just stayed out of trouble because he can't take a punch. He did the same in the Ruiz rematch.

The fact that he was completely outclassed by a much smaller Usyk tells its own story. I don't think AJ gets anywhere near Fury mainly because Joshua has a proper glass chin.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 14:07:48 »

Do you think Wilder would beat AJ? I don’t, he’s a terrible boxer with a good right hand.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 14:24:23 »

Do you think Wilder would beat AJ? I don’t, he’s a terrible boxer with a good right hand.

Yup, I do. While I agree with you that he is a very poor boxer, the right hand is the kind of equaliser you rarely see in Boxing. He possesses insane power, and Joshua isn’t wily enough to avoid it, and doesn’t have the chin to cope when he can’t
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 16:48:54 »

AJ v Wilder would be an intriguing fight and a hard one to predict. Even if Joshua is able to land his punches and withstand Wilders big right hand he proved against Fury he's a tough opponent and doesn't know when he's beaten.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 17:54:51 »

AJ v Wilder would be an intriguing fight and a hard one to predict. Even if Joshua is able to land his punches and withstand Wilders big right hand he proved against Fury he's a tough opponent and doesn't know when he's beaten.

He’s a bit of an enigma. He appeared to tire easily against Fury, but then he was being leaned on a lot by a significantly bigger man. And even if his engine isn’t great, he can withstand some punishment, he’s very durable. I don’t think AJ can break him down like Fury did. Even Fury was knocked down 5/6 times by Wilder over the course of those fights, and he has a brilliant chin. Just can’t see AJ withstanding the power
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, April 3, 2023, 17:58:45 »

He’s a bit of an enigma. He appeared to tire easily against Fury, but then he was being leaned on a lot by a significantly bigger man. And even if his engine isn’t great, he can withstand some punishment, he’s very durable. I don’t think AJ can break him down like Fury did. Even Fury was knocked down 5/6 times by Wilder over the course of those fights, and he has a brilliant chin. Just can’t see AJ withstanding the power

I'm with you I doubt AJ would break Wilder down.

Relaxing😀

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 22:04:58 »

Chat shit get ZHANGED
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 11:33:37 »

Chat shit get ZHANGED

Joyce not as the races and completely out boxed.

« Last Edit: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 12:33:37 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 15:41:33 »

Joyce not as the races and completely out boxed.

Got absolutely fucking starched didn't he. They all overlooked him. Spent the week talking about what he'd do to AJ in interviews instead of the Zhang fight.

Not one of these guys are remotely close to Fury.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: