Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Boxing  (Read 108562 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:20:20 »

3rd time there has been a drug test issue with Whyte now. Be hard to wriggle out of this one.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:22:14 »

Idiot. Ah well, shit fight anyway. Barely even registered it. Unless Joshua fights Fury or Wilder he’s yesterday’s news as far as I’m concerned
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:23:43 »

Well he's lined up for Wilder in Saudi in December providing he got past Whyte. So that'll be his next fight unless he is getting a replacement in for next Saturday.

Hrgovic was on the card but that might be a tough ask late notice.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:24:53 »

Remember his last replacement in 2019 when Miller failed a drugs test!

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:25:10 »

Boxing is in an absolutely awful place at the moment in the UK.

I used to watch every single card, without fail, but I have completely lost interest in it. The politics have got silly, the heavyweight division is pathetic and the amount of failed drugs test is scary, and that’s just the ones we are told about.
DMC

« Reply #230 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:25:59 »

Well he's lined up for Wilder in Saudi in December providing he got past Whyte. So that'll be his next fight unless he is getting a replacement in for next Saturday.

Hrgovic was on the card but that might be a tough ask late notice.
Whole show is cancelled they have started issuing refunds already
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:28:36 »

Boxing is in an absolutely awful place at the moment in the UK.

I used to watch every single card, without fail, but I have completely lost interest in it. The politics have got silly, the heavyweight division is pathetic and the amount of failed drugs test is scary, and that’s just the ones we are told about.

It’s in quite a poor place in general to be honest, not just the UK. Just look how long it took to get Spence v Crawford made. Not to mention the fact that Jake ‘Pretend Boxer’ Paul and Nate ‘Not a Boxer Either’ Diaz will probably be the best selling fight of the year tonight…the future doesn’t look rosy.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:30:16 »

Outside the UK its been booming. Spence vs Crawford and Inoue vs Fulton happened in the same week. The fights people want to see are generally happening now outside of the heavies, which the UK is a big part of,

The UK is in a slump right now. Eddie Hearn is focused on taking matchroom global and the talent just hasn't been coming through like it had been.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:31:07 »

It’s in quite a poor place in general to be honest, not just the UK. Just look how long it took to get Spence v Crawford made. Not to mention the fact that Jake ‘Pretend Boxer’ Paul and Nate ‘Not a Boxer Either’ Diaz will probably be the best selling fight of the year tonight…the future doesn’t look rosy.

Spence vs Crawford just did over 600k buys in the US alone. Paul vs Diaz will be lucky to do a third of that.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:34:53 »

Then there's the farce of Furys next fight.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:41:20 »

Spence vs Crawford just did over 600k buys in the US alone. Paul vs Diaz will be lucky to do a third of that.

If I wake up this morning and see it’s done less than 200k buys, I’ll breathe a sigh of relief and gladly eat humble pie. I just hope it gets nowhere near the 600k that Spence v Crawford did, bearing in mind that those two are in pretty much everyone’s top 5 p4p rankings and really should have been selling anything upward of 800k.

Having said that, Inoue is possible the Messiah
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 17:56:56 »

Inoue is the bollocks. One of my favourite boxers to watch ever.

I think the Jake Paul bubble has burst a bit. It may have done half a million or so if he hadn't have lost. But you'd expect that to drop considerably now he's lost.

Although the MMA fans will probably prop it up hoping to finally see an MMA fighter shut him up.

If he's going to fight MMA fighters, he should probably fight one his own age and size.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 19:37:20 »

Innocent until proven guilty!

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 19:47:04 »

Innocent until proven guilty!

3 times?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, August 5, 2023, 19:52:57 »

It does sound very suspicious. The only way around it is to have two separate test done independently at the same time with a thorough breakdown on what he says supposed to have failed on.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: